ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new fiat 500 abarth

CBR1K, F21 125D
abarth500l.jpg

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Not put the new sticker on yet Christopher and it will be fine, the spring rates are extremely stiff and I'm currently looking at shorter bump stops just incase it ever does get compressed enough to be coilbound.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
No not really.. Just think your funny

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

gdflls.jpg

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
My abarth is quicker than a phase1 172 with a ktec stealth exhaust........it's official.

TrollFace.png

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
you would guess right........

1st run was neck and neck, 2nd run...well.........turbos ftw

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
i beg to differ.....tbh he would of pulled it back in 5th i think but i live my life 1/4 mile at a time..........

Dominic-Toretto-dominic-and-letty-toretto-5171175-640-345.jpg

Tangoed Works
I have to say these are stunning little cars. Had a go with one up lakeside the other night, I didn't go for it in first but through second he was on my ass due to my long gearing, but hit into third and it was later on boyo! Are they good in the corners?

got a thing for the abarth at the moment if only they offered it in a colour i could actually live(like) with :eek:

has anyone wrapped a abarth in a decent metallic colour yet ?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
They do a lovely flat grey colour and the red is nice aswell, someone has wrapped one orange and it looks amazing

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I have to say these are stunning little cars. Had a go with one up lakeside the other night, I didn't go for it in first but through second he was on my ass due to my long gearing, but hit into third and it was later on boyo! Are they good in the corners?

yeh i wouldnt have that problem in mine haha they are only 135bhp standard..........judging by others with the same mods as me mine should be 170-180bhp

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
So got my first full track day tomorrow at Cadwell park, should be good. Thankfully the weather is forecast as sunny so that is a weight off my mind, me and my dad taking turns driving, got the day as a present for my 21st and got some new tyres for it (Toyo T1r). Going to get there early and book the instructor for 20 minutes as I have been told its 100% worth it and just going to take my time on learning the track and getting used to the car at speed etc hopefully going to learn a considerable amount about the way the car properly handles with warm tyres. Looking at getting a few videos with a dash mounted camera which I will upload tomorrow night.......

Just one question I have for all the guys who do track days, people always seem to have really good photos taken of them on track, where do I find these after the day? Are they on a certain website or is it a case of just talking to the photographer when you see him?

Thanks

Lynden

Lotus Exige, 182
So got my first full track day tomorrow at Cadwell park, should be good. Thankfully the weather is forecast as sunny so that is a weight off my mind, me and my dad taking turns driving, got the day as a present for my 21st and got some new tyres for it (Toyo T1r). Going to get there early and book the instructor for 20 minutes as I have been told its 100% worth it and just going to take my time on learning the track and getting used to the car at speed etc hopefully going to learn a considerable amount about the way the car properly handles with warm tyres. Looking at getting a few videos with a dash mounted camera which I will upload tomorrow night.......

Just one question I have for all the guys who do track days, people always seem to have really good photos taken of them on track, where do I find these after the day? Are they on a certain website or is it a case of just talking to the photographer when you see him?

Thanks

Lynden

The TDO will probably have arranged for a photographer to be there. He will take 30 or so pictures of your car during the day and you pay him between £20 and £40 if you want to buy them. Enjoy. Remember you aren't racing anyone...

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
The TDO will probably have arranged for a photographer to be there. He will take 30 or so pictures of your car during the day and you pay him between £20 and £40 if you want to buy them. Enjoy. Remember you aren't racing anyone...

that's not too bad then, and yeh I will don't worry, People have this mad thing on here where they think I drive like a nutter 100% of the time but in reality I don't.......averaged 42mpg over the last 2,000 miles don't cha know, at the moment i drive my car to work and back and that's it :)

I'm just going to take it easy and build up speed throughout the day.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Cadwell is a great circuit and can easily catch you out in the damp, luckily should be dry for you though..

All I would say is watch out for overheating the brakes on it as not too difficult to do on the 500's on track..

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh the brakes arent the best to be honest. Going to be running 26-27psi in the front and 30-31psi in the backs

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Exactly Turner.

It didn't have the 170 sticker.

Duh.

This one doesn't either, haven't even picked the sticker up yet you demick.

And my new one has custom exhaust and a totally different map on the box. Obviously nothing is quicker than a Clio though.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yeh the brakes arent the best to be honest. Going to be running 26-27psi in the front and 30-31psi in the backs

Do a couple of laps then drop the pressures down to suit dont start with them low..

Tangoed Works
The stock p zero Neros are much better tyres than toyos in the wet and dry. Your best off burning
The toyos. Have fun!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
i think the toyos feel good if im honest, still got my p zero neros on the back and my t1rs on the front