ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member - Vid of my 172 at the Nurburgring

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
Hi Guys,

I'm a new member, although I suspect a lot of you will know the car, I bought Gareth's immaculate 172. The first job was a shakedown test at the 'ring with all my mates.

Here's a vid from one of the chase laps filmed from my mates Evo 7 FQ300. I also have a few more filmed from the Clio that are a bit quicker than this lap that I'll upload when they have been captured from the video camera.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1689655812183518888

Nice to be aboard ClioSport

Enjoy :cool:

Mac

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
Haven't a clue about the camera mate, it isn't mine

My pace was in the sub-9 minute 20 seconds consistently, and that was with the most appaling tyres I've ever used (Hankook Somethingorother) with the air-con on full whack for the whole lap cos it was bloody warm. I think next year, if i get some proper tyres on the front, and have another crack when it's a bit cooler, sub 9's will be easy. I know there are several sections that I am losing a LOT of time just through excessive understeer! A lot of my laps this time round were giving paxlaps, as there were a few first timers within the group. Still enjoyed myself though - quite scary considering I'd had the car for about a week (sorry Gareth!) lol

What is the lap record for ClioSport by the way?

The Ringmaster said:
What is the lap record for ClioSport by the way?
8.30 in a Cup with suspension took 3 seocnds longer stock i think pads were DS3000 and 2000 though.

Sub 9 minutes is dead easy with more practive I'm at almost 10 now with 100hp less.

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
What do you drive Edde?
8m 30s in a clio... jeez, that needs good track knowledge and big cojones...

The Ringmaster said:
What do you drive Edde?
8m 30s in a clio... jeez, that needs good track knowledge and big cojones...
Diesel Mk2 Clio.

You do need to b a bit dedicated to get 8.30 in near stock cars. 9 minutes is easy.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i can vouch for the front tyres being absolute pap :) I didn't buy the tyres, just the Turinis!

172, Tiguan
I can believe an 8.40/5 because i'm fairly sure Ed was around that pace once upon a time and Davyboy still will be. My best is 8.50, 8.55 with a passenger. I'd be seriously, seriously impressed if somebody could do 8.30ish - the clio doesn't have enough power for a seriously quick lap.

GT4 would be a whole lap mate, I hope we are talking Bridge to Gantry. :D

E90
My golf gti will just about do it in 8,30 but not with me driving it, i'm under 9 but not by that much, the limit of my balls and talent runs out, and grip seemingly if you ask Edde, LOL

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I have to agree 8.33 in a totally standard Clio with road tyres does seem unlikely to me. I've been out on some quick laps with people in Clios, and although little improvements can add up over such a long lap, i cant see where a time like that could come from unless you had something pushing you up the hill :clown:

172, Tiguan
Or a jetpack.

Just found a great post elsewhere:

I'be got the hang of this now.

Tourist weekend time for me:

Sport Auto Time: 7:50
Minus 25 secs: 7:25
Add 30 secs for inexperiance: 7:55
Minus 1 Sec per lap done: 7:15
Minus this weeks bragging figure: 7:05
Add a bit for credability so my internet peers will belive me: 7:20
Minus 1 second per computer game featuring ring owned: 7:17

So there we have it 7:17 on a tourist session, in the damp. I'm
censored.gif
ing great
wink.gif

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
I'm not sure what noises you mean chaps? The mic for the bullet cam is inside the car, so perhaps my mate was scratching his arse or something lol

E90
Are sport auto full laps or BTG Richardson?

I'll pack my egg timer and we'll go for a new record in a few weeks.

Weeman said:
My golf gti will just about do it in 8,30 but not with me driving it, i'm under 9 but not by that much, the limit of my balls and talent runs out, and grip seemingly if you ask Edde, LOL
Grip doesn't run out guts do.
Or maybe your were just annoyed that your been overtaken by a heavy huge 4 door salloon with passengers and a woman driving it.

Good lap that was though.