ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner of a V6.

PH1 V6
Spoiler now on, car looks way better with it back.

Blueprint were unable to give a date when they could get it wrapped so the detailing guy did it...in fact he did all the work from fitting the base plate to the spoiler, bonding the two together etc, etc......did an A1 job.

If it had been left to me I'd have probably managed to bond the spoiler to my shirt....

IMG_1438.JPG
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I very much hope we can park my virgin, just painted silver Phase 1 next to yours and have a yin/yang moment! Took next week off to try and finish reassembling it :)

E92 M3, BG 182
Car looks awesome - great work. particularly love the spoiler and those seats - now considering the same seats for my 182. Ive also got an E92 M3 Comp Pack as my daily and agree with you its a superb car but I’m seriuosly thinking about selling it and replacing with a Clio 200 as my daily - much cheaper to run and my old Clio 200 always used to put a smile on my face ?

PH1 V6
Small update time!

These will be with me shortly but will only be used as summer wheels.

Postimage is playing silly buggers, pic in post below.

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Standard looks so much better in my eyes, not often you want to see a V6 on fire.... :p

PH1 V6
Well, wheels were collected and also managed to find a rep set of Trophy brake ducts.

There is no way in a million years am I going to need brake cooling but, if you're doing a Trophy rep then do it properly.

Tyres are now fitted and hopefully this Friday and Saturday the tyre decals will be on, wheels fitted and suspension height set, brake ducts fitted and one or two odd little bits will be done.

Wheels were initially only going to be on for the Summer but with the car not going to be used during any crappy Winter weather, they may as well go on, get suspension set up and be left on.

Spring time it'll be in for manifolds and sport cats.

IMG_1485.JPG

It’s been a while since I last posted on here, great to see the spoiler back on. I’m envious of the wheels you’ve tracked down, I may have mentioned I tried to find a set once but a combination of their rarity and asking prices for any sets that did turn up eventually put me off but I really do like how they look on a Phase 1, especially one that’s fitted with other Trophy parts.
The brake ducts are a nice touch and I can’t recall seeing another road car with them fitted. Have you purchased a spare front bumper or are you going to cut into the original to fit them?
The car looks great in those last pictures from Donington Park, but should look even better with the new parts fitted ?.

PH1 V6
It’s been a while since I last posted on here, great to see the spoiler back on. I’m envious of the wheels you’ve tracked down, I may have mentioned I tried to find a set once but a combination of their rarity and asking prices for any sets that did turn up eventually put me off but I really do like how they look on a Phase 1, especially one that’s fitted with other Trophy parts.
The brake ducts are a nice touch and I can’t recall seeing another road car with them fitted. Have you purchased a spare front bumper or are you going to cut into the original to fit them?
The car looks great in those last pictures from Donington Park, but should look even better with the new parts fitted ?.

Hello mate,
Regarding the brake ducts and the front bumper, I'm not buying a spare.
As previously mentioned in some early part of this thread, this was bought to use and, on the basis it isn't going to be sold until I'm cooling down in my jar on the mantlepiece (already a pensioner now so halfway there ), future values don't concern me. Maybe if I'd bought the car when they were relatively cheap I'd have thought differently.
Funnily enough I wasn't actively looking for any wheels and was happy with the Ph2s, still am but when a set of the Cromodoras pop up they have to be worth a shot. The brake ducts were even more of a surprise as I didn't know the Trophy cars had them on.
We live and learn eh :)
Toying with the idea of playing with door mirrors. It appears that any of the carbon ones fitted to the Trophies are about as hard to find as Unicorn doo doo under your sofa! A few motorsport places do similar looking ones at way more reasonable prices but not 100% sure. Sometimes look at a pic of a Trophy car and think they look fine, then next time I look they appear to be stuck on as an afterthought.

Last edited:
  PH1 V6
You could well be right there!

Head always full of mad ideas. Some come to fruition but most get left by the wayside.

Hello mate,
Regarding the brake ducts and the front bumper, I'm not buying a spare.
As previously mentioned in some early part of this thread, this was bought to use and, on the basis it isn't going to be sold until I'm cooling down in my jar on the mantlepiece (already a pensioner now so halfway there ), future values don't concern me.

Fair enough, a good attitude to have. Is the guy who did the work on your spoiler doing the cutting work? I imagine getting the holes lined up for the ducts is a case of measure several times and cut once.

Toying with the idea of playing with door mirrors. It appears that any of the carbon ones fitted to the Trophies are about as hard to find as Unicorn doo doo under your sofa! A few motorsport places do similar looking ones at way more reasonable prices but not 100% sure. Sometimes look at a pic of a Trophy car and think they look fine, then next time I look they appear to be stuck on as an afterthought.

A few years ago there was a guy on here who had 10 sets of genuine Trophy/Cup car mirrors for sale I tried to get a set at the time and there were plenty of other people interested in the rest but the whole thing came to nothing in the end with the original seller no longer posting in the thread.
The other thing you might consider if you’re looking for Trophy body work is the side pods they came with. Granted They are also quite rare, though I have seen replicas of them made and they also require quite a bit of modifying to fit but it can be done, one of the Catalunya liveried road cars has them fitted.

PH1 V6
He certainly is, he does most of it whilst I just make the coffees.

Differences in the side pods? Are they bigger?

Relatively new to these and don't know a great deal about the finer points of the Trophy cars.

He certainly is, he does most of it whilst I just make the coffees.

Sounds like a good deal ?.

Differences in the side pods? Are they bigger?.

I don't think the opening is much, if any bigger but I may be wrong. The actual shape of the side pods are different though and they come out at a slightly different angle. Here is a picture of Trophy with them fitted:

356E9D30-AD78-4144-B563-6877C8F1503D.png

(Sorry the quality isn’t great).

And I also have this picture I took a few years ago of the Catalunya livieried road car that had them fitted:
BE7F40F6-CE52-4AED-8786-8D0A7DAD2519.jpeg

I quite like them, but as I said in the other post I believe they require a lot of modifying to fit the road cars as they originally come as a larger item. I think you have to cut the internal half of them away so they don’t hit the existing body work or the fan housed in the side pod. They also don’t have any mesh but it wouldn’t be difficult to cut some to size and mount it using the factory fixing points.
Just thought I would mention it but obviously they may not be to your taste?.

The Trophy race pods look ace!! They're really cool!

- I also like how on the yellow car the Michelin stickers pissed, but as it's three wheeling it's straight in the pic.