ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Rims

Tangoed Works
Changed the old heavy 18's for a set of OZ super t gt's. Car handles much better now and acceleration and mpg are much improved. Getting them refurbed in GT3 orange along with the mirror caps. Should be done by end of next week.

before

IMG_1449.jpg

after

DSC01265.jpg

Tangoed Works
cheers for the comments, the wheels are 40 offset compared to 52 before so they sit wider. Track has been increased by nearly one inch which is defo noticeable.

Just cant wait to see them painted up orange. Going to get "works" done in an orange decal just like the porsche gt3 along the side of the car at the bottom. Should look the absolute tits!

Tangoed Works
I do like JCWs but its not got any more power than a 182 has it?

well R53 JCW Cooper S has 210 bhp against standard of 170 bhp

R56 JCW Cooper S now has 211 bhp against standard of 170 bhp

The Mini Cooper with JCW kit has about 130bhp against standard of 115bhp

This is quicker than my 182 was, noticeably when you get into 3rd gear upwards. In my old 182 I had an encounter with a standard cooper s and I was pulling on him towards the end of 4th. This one hits the end of 4th and 5th with no problems, pulling cleanly to its top speed.

After 110mph my 182 didnt go anywhere for ages.

lovely looking car, i dont think i would personally paint them orange, but good to be different

Monaro VXR
Love OZ Super T's. Very nearly bought a set for my C4 but ended up going for pro race 1.2's in black instead.

Not really into the orange idea though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't mind the idea of orange wheels but decals will ruin it mate.

share the same view with almost everyone thats posted(looks gd)... never seen these wheels on a mini before, gt3 orange? get a ps done... black with red writing would look gd imo... similar to these

Tangoed Works
they are all a bit ropey to be fair, thats why i got them for £180, but all the tyres are toyo proxes t1s and in good nick so not bad. i sold the old ones for £550 so have plenty to put towards the refurbishment.

i know the orange idea isnt to everyones taste, but once its done i can pretty much guarantee it will look awesome. just want something different and black and anthracite has been done to death.

saw a golf estate the other day in silver with Pink 997 carrera rims on it. was wild and totally different. think its going to be the way forward now.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Can you really tell the difference in driving and mpg just by changing your alloys.

Look good by the way

Tangoed Works
Can you really tell the difference in driving and mpg just by changing your alloys.

Look good by the way

Yes, I didnt think there would be much difference, but found out the old ones were 10.7kg each, plus the 18" run flat which weighs 9.8kg. Pure rotating lard.

Anyway this is the look I am going for, with "works" written where the "gt3rs" is. I think it will look good and not tacky, as long as the quality of the decals is up there.

gt3rs.jpg

Tangoed Works
well that looks like neon orange.

what I want is a similar orange to the one on the porsche above. the mirror caps (not the whole mirror) in the same colour.

not sure how easy it is to copy the porsche logo on the side and write "works" instead. I guess you could just stick on the porsche one and see how that looks lol. might be able to lift the log from the bottom of this piccy.

http://autoanything.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/porsche_997_gt3rs_1280x1024.jpg

cheers for that dude, top skillz!

A Euro'd one...
I think it'll look good. I'm surprised that the Super T's work so well on the Mini, I wouldn't have thought that they would...