ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Spoiler Fitted

1.6 Ford Focus
After turning the house upside down finding the right torx bit I finally got the new spoiler fitted :D Looks so much better :D

Before:
Image653E.gif

After:
Image655E.gif

Image656E.gif

Image657.gif

Thanks to Bloooor for holding onto it for almost a month for me :) I need to reposition the CS sticker now haha.

1.6 Ford Focus
Forgot to mention there is a technical hitch with the washer... Although it will be hilarious if someone stands to the left of my car now as they will get soaked.

The little washer nib has turned towards the left and water shoots straight out, misses the window and goes about double the cars width to the left haha! Hoping I can fix that without removing it again.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Hey man! I just added a dynamique spoiler to my car! Looks far better than the original one doesnt it? :rasp: Ive yet to get some proper pictures of my car to show it of properly (stupid weather :mad:)

When are you getting those rear lights replaced? ;) I cant talk to be honest since im still running my fail lexus ones :eek: BUT STILL! better than the standard ones! If you find a fix for the washer nib let me know, im having the same problem!

1.6 Ford Focus
Hey man! I just added a dynamique spoiler to my car! Looks far better than the original one doesnt it? :rasp: Ive yet to get some proper pictures of my car to show it of properly (stupid weather :mad:)

When are you getting those rear lights replaced? ;) I cant talk to be honest since im still running my fail lexus ones :eek: BUT STILL! better than the standard ones! If you find a fix for the washer nib let me know, im having the same problem!

Defiantly looks much better than the tiny baby one that was on there.

The next job is the front fogs, I just need some screws and I can get them fitted. I'm probably the only one who's going to say this but I quite like the rear lights I have now, but then that's not to say I'm not going to change them later down the line.

As for the washer, I was told that if I stick a bit of wire into the little tube I should be able to turn it. It's a bit dark at the moment but I'm giving that a try tomorrow.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Jst stick a pin or something in the washer and move it with that, works for me :D

Edit: Spoiler looks good mate

non sport
looks good mate just needs the colour now!!and leave the washer as is...itd be funny!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Forgot to mention there is a technical hitch with the washer... Although it will be hilarious if someone stands to the left of my car now as they will get soaked.

The little washer nib has turned towards the left and water shoots straight out, misses the window and goes about double the cars width to the left haha! Hoping I can fix that without removing it again.

Just stick a pin in to move it and it'll be fine

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I did notice it was wonky in the first pic but cba'd to edit my comment.

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
Looking nice mate, it's good to see someone else with a Green Ph1!

The spoiler was the first mod I did to my Green Ph1 1.2 before lowering it on Eibach Sportlines, fitting 172 Ph2 Alloys and fitting 182 Interior :)

1.6 Ford Focus
Looking nice mate, it's good to see someone else with a Green Ph1!

The spoiler was the first mod I did to my Green Ph1 1.2 before lowering it on Eibach Sportlines, fitting 172 Ph2 Alloys and fitting 182 Interior :)

Yeah, they seam to be a rarity on here... There's only 3 other green Ph1s I have ever seen driving around and one was a 5 door which to be honest looks odd.

If I lower mine it wont be before I get some alloys though, im after some turinis sprayed white :D

Pics of yours needed.

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
Yeah, they seam to be a rarity on here... There's only 3 other green Ph1s I have ever seen driving around and one was a 5 door which to be honest looks odd.

If I lower mine it wont be before I get some alloys though, im after some turinis sprayed white :D

Pics of yours needed.

Oh nice, I was the same, got some decent alloys before I lowered it - just watch out because you'll probably need some 5mm spacers on the rear wheels as the rear axle on the Non-Sports is smaller that the one on the Sports.
I know because mine were rubbing before I lowered it but the spacers + lowering have sorted that.

I'll put up some pics later on when I've been out in it but I don't have any before pics so I'm going to need you to take a few shots of your car to show where mine's coming from :rasp:

I've only ever seen a few Green Ph1's "in the wild", one of which was being driven round Leamington and had been lowered with a dodgy exhaust fitted to it.
Important Note: Don't put a custom exhaust onto a 1.2 unless you know it's not going to sound horrendous!

1.6 Ford Focus
Oh nice, I was the same, got some decent alloys before I lowered it - just watch out because you'll probably need some 5mm spacers on the rear wheels as the rear axle on the Non-Sports is smaller that the one on the Sports.
I know because mine were rubbing before I lowered it but the spacers + lowering have sorted that.

I'll put up some pics later on when I've been out in it but I don't have any before pics so I'm going to need you to take a few shots of your car to show where mine's coming from :rasp:

I've only ever seen a few Green Ph1's "in the wild", one of which was being driven round Leamington and had been lowered with a dodgy exhaust fitted to it.
Important Note: Don't put a custom exhaust onto a 1.2 unless you know it's not going to sound horrendous!

Hmm ok, thanks for the head up on that.

Let me know when you need the pictures... I just got blocked on the drive by my mum haha.

I haven't seen any modified green Ph1s in my area, the ones I have seen are all standard... weirdly the only other grandes I have seen are 5 door, the 3 door one was a green RT model that didn't have the screen in the dash.

As for the exhaust... I have no idea what im doing about that as its hidden under the rear bumper and I would rather not make a mess cutting a hole in the bumper for a straight pipe. It seams too much hassle but I like the idea of a green 182 bumper and exhaust, but that's a lot of paint work to do.

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
Right, sorry for the thread hi-jack but here's a few pictures of mine taken today.

(Sorry to all for the state the car is in + the quality of the pictures, they were taken on my phone :rasp: )

img00001201001071621.jpg

img00002201001071621.jpg

img00003201001071621.jpg

img00004201001071621.jpg

img00005201001071622.jpg

img00006201001071623.jpg

Yeah, I'd probably get hold of some 5mm spacers when you get the new alloys, mine were rubbing pretty hard even when cornering gently (on standard springs)

Just upload some pics on here whenever you can get out there to take some good quality ones. Oh, and make sure you PM me so that I can have a butchers :rasp:

If you need any advice on anything just drop me a message on here because I've been through a fair amount in the last 6 months getting mine to the way it stands now (and I'm not done yet!)

1.6 Ford Focus
Haha, that's so weird looking at the identical car to mine... same black badges (on the front anyway) and spoiler.

The alloys don't actually look too bad on it, I still think turinis would look better though... and the 182 interior looks awesome! Did you do the door cards and everything as well and are the seats a straight swap from the standard ones? My passenger seat has jammed in any case so 182 seats are very tempting!

What splitter is that by the way?

I'll get some decent pictures of mine tomorrow when its brighter out. Although I did post all the pictures I have a while back... look here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=474319

The Beast MK4
Lambo, do the pics work now? I had to re-activate my account.

I can see them but if you still can't i'll re-host.

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
The alloys don't actually look too bad on it...
Haha, you say that as if you thought it'd look sh*te :rasp:
(I'm probably going to be hated for this but...)
Personally I prefer the Ph2 172 alloys to both the Ph1 172 alloys and Turini's, I like the style and the spokes are pretty fat... I'm down with fat spokes.

Oh yeah, I forgot about my badge, not sure whether I'll keep it (it's a Carbon Fibre one done by one of the lads on here) I've still got my standard one laying round somewhere at home.

With regards to the interior I did all the seats + the door cards and the rear 1/4 cards too, it's all a straight swap apart from the electric window switches in the door cards need re-wiring as the plugs are different on the newer interior.

The splitter is off a Seat Leon Cupra R, it requires a fair bit chopping off it and you're best off having 2 people there when you do it: one to bend / hold it in place and another person to secure it with self tapping screws :)

Nice pics, could you take a couple of pics from similar angles to the ones I posted, for comparison of ride height + splitter :)
I'd forgotten about the Green Sheep, was a little before I joined CS but when I met TheDuck he told me to check it out.

I'm thinking at some point in 2010 I'll colour-code everything at once + I've got fog's being sent to me via DHL as I type and I've got some Ph2 rear clusters in my boot waiting for me to re-wire the looms.

Also, I'd quite like some Dual Optics but I don't know if I really value them at ~£70 2nd hand...

EDIT: Jonaldinho, I can see your photos now mate :)

1.6 Ford Focus
Haha, you say that as if you thought it'd look sh*te :rasp:
(I'm probably going to be hated for this but...)
Personally I prefer the Ph2 172 alloys to both the Ph1 172 alloys and Turini's, I like the style and the spokes are pretty fat... I'm down with fat spokes.

Oh yeah, I forgot about my badge, not sure whether I'll keep it (it's a Carbon Fibre one done by one of the lads on here) I've still got my standard one laying round somewhere at home.

With regards to the interior I did all the seats + the door cards and the rear 1/4 cards too, it's all a straight swap apart from the electric window switches in the door cards need re-wiring as the plugs are different on the newer interior.

The splitter is off a Seat Leon Cupra R, it requires a fair bit chopping off it and you're best off having 2 people there when you do it: one to bend / hold it in place and another person to secure it with self tapping screws :)

Nice pics, could you take a couple of pics from similar angles to the ones I posted, for comparison of ride height + splitter :)
I'd forgotten about the Green Sheep, was a little before I joined CS but when I met TheDuck he told me to check it out.

I'm thinking at some point in 2010 I'll colour-code everything at once + I've got fog's being sent to me via DHL as I type and I've got some Ph2 rear clusters in my boot waiting for me to re-wire the looms.

Also, I'd quite like some Dual Optics but I don't know if I really value them at ~£70 2nd hand...

EDIT: Jonaldinho, I can see your photos now mate :)

Im not a fan of the Ph2 alloys, they actually look better without the center caps haha! Im defiantly a turini person, they look more sporty.

I did think about a carbon fibre diamond one on mine but like you say about the duel optics I can't justify £25 on a badge. Im thinking of changing mine to white though, im going for the green sheep look with white badges and alloys.

As for the splitter... I think I will pass on that haha... too much hassle.

I haven't had much time to get pictures today but I will get some when im free :) and Jonaldinho the pictures work now.

1.6 Ford Focus
Before I forget again, did anyone else get an annoying rattle from it whenever you go over any bumps? It could just be ice on the roof but it sounds like its from the back end...