ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio williams, Ph1 172
Guess these fit the phase 1 172 too, noticed one of pics is on a phase 1.
I know its a bit daft but am thinking of getting a set of these to fit on mine to replace the standard shocks with apex springs, in the hope that they will be less harsh as can adjust them to a reasonable ride height for normal rode use and drop them if i fancy a go on track. (I am going to the ring in July hopefully) so would be ideal.

I honestly can't believe this thread.......... do people not read things?!

Wil they fit a 1.2, 5 posts later, will they fit a 1.2! lol.

Anyway, my experience is you get what you pay for! They will be ok, do what it says on the tin!

But the difference will be like between a michelin and a nankang tyre!

I can relate to that lol. But lets be honest, most people (whether they admit it or not) buy coilovers to lower their car and to look good, without even considering what they do to the handling.
That's why there are coilover kits for this sort of money. I don't think AST or KW will be worried at all.

DMS

A thirsty 172
well did mine today along with a new set of front strut mounts heres 2 pics as it just came off the jacks ill get some more later when settled and clean lol

31012010569.jpg

31012010570.jpg

Looks very nice that. Personally I'd have mine set very slightly lower at the back, but as you said they haven't settled yet so once they do it'll probably drop a little bit more anyway.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Looks pretty good either way. If anyone local gets a set of K-Tec / Raceland / cheapo eBay coilovers I'd like to go for a spin to see what they're like.
I've got a set of KW's that I brought off eBay ages ago but they're not the correct ones. Might just get a cheap set instead if they're any good, then I won't be any worse off.

Megane 225 Cup
well be nice to know why they have gone. as there a company who are deffinatly needed on here

always gave me good service with all my R5 turbo parts

Da

Less
K-Tec will be back, don't dispair. They haven't ceased trading or anything.

Anyway, back on topic...

:)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Only just found this so will offer my small & insignificant opinion.

1. Bought some of these for my 328i Sport as they were cheap.
2. They turned up & looked fairly pikey so i tested another car with them on.
3. I promptly sold them on.

I have also tried them/been unimpressed with the kit on a saxo & polo.

Good if you want low. But putting them on a cliosport, ie a car reknowned for its handling characteristics?

No f*cking chance.

:)

Last edited:
  White Evo V

Bloody hell! I've finally got some! Been looking for these for weeks! I've just purcahsed a set off thi link. I had emailed him loads on eBay uk to see if he had anymore but he never replied.

Also my brother has a set of these on his Lupo. There awesome for the money, for a fast road car you can't go wrong! There borderline for track use but I rekon you can get away with it! :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
Also my brother has a set of these on his Lupo. There awesome for the money, for a fast road car you can't go wrong! There borderline for track use but I rekon you can get away with it! :)

You can get away with standard suspension on track if it's in good nick so as I said previously, if they're as good as or better than standard they're a good buy. I wouldn't expect them to perform as well as KW, Bilstein, Leda's etc on track but the price reflects that. But then again cost doesn't always equal quality.

Megane 225 Cup
Yes its dirty (had teh camber and tracking done today and it really feels like it handles beter (could be in my head )

i wanted the original nose down stance asn this is how it is

01022010577.jpg

01022010579.jpg

01022010581.jpg

Ph1 172
Looks gd buddy! how much have u wound them down front and back so i get an ides where to start when i fit mine? also where bouts did u tighten the top camber bolt?
cheers

Clio 182
I like it, it's not that low. After all this facts I decided to order mine today and see myself if they are any good. I'll install them in march (damn snow) with big brakes and I'll see myself if they are any good on track. If not, I didn't spent that much and I'll just install original setup back.

Megane 225 Cup
10cm from bottom adjuster to the bracket with the thread in it (fronts)

rear all the way down adjusters still in

Megane 225 Cup
i tightened teh camber bolt to as positive as it would go then a smidge back negative , but i had my car lazer alligned today before i did any speed around corners

it handles beter than my eibach pros (standered dampers)

Mk5 golf gti
You can get away with standard suspension on track if it's in good nick so as I said previously, if they're as good as or better than standard they're a good buy. I wouldn't expect them to perform as well as KW, Bilstein, Leda's etc on track but the price reflects that. But then again cost doesn't always equal quality.

summed it up pretty well there :)

Again getting the 'Bidding has ended for this item' message!!!

Hope this is just due to CS rinsing the sellar and not anymore problems with 'competitors'

Mk5 golf gti
come on get them pics on :p if anyone finds a fresh link for them post it up so i can buy a set please :)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Seller emailed me to say its not possible to buy outside of eBay either.

172, Tiguan
After a few days use, I raised the front of mine half an inch again last night to eliminate the rubbing. Rears are still set to minimum.

172, Tiguan
Not trimming anything, I'm not selling the car in a year or so with holes bits of plastic.

I've just raised it to the point where it's not catching there.

Renaultsport Clio 172
I only just realised you were from Gloucester mate, i'm from there too! Do you work at forge motorsports along bristol road? If so, any chance i could come have a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.