ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Wheels On The Family Bus

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Fitted these today. Im pretty happy with how they look tbh. Im tempted to go with coilovers but as its a daily I dont really want to totally ruin the ride and its £650 fitted for the ones I want!

Here are the pics;

6765671245_91b8d7ae5f_z.jpg

IMG_4381 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6765668421_1e0b3f6032_z.jpg

IMG_4383 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6765666175_0df1a07e43_z.jpg

IMG_4384 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6765663561_83e25f655a_z.jpg

IMG_4382 by cobzy1, on Flickr

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Smart looking family bus. Tbh it doesn't look like a monster truck as it stands, I could live with that :)

That's what I thought mate. I'm in no doubt that it would look better lower (everything does) but doing 15k a year so don't want to lose the ride quality.

e92 330i
Wouldnt bother with coilovers, would look like every other audi. Looks mint like that tbh! Nice going!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Why is everyone saying in needs to go lower? Wheels fill the arches perfectly, it doesn't look jacked and to slam it yo would just ruin the ride.

Looks good as is IMO.

172, Tiguan
I'd just go for some Eibachs and take it down 20mm or something. Ride should be improved as well.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Mixed opinions but I really like them and I guess that's all that matters. I'll see how it goes over the next few months on standard suspension.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd just go for some Eibachs and take it down 20mm or something. Ride should be improved as well.

I looked into this but the car has done 107k and is still on the original suspension and the consensus is that lowering just on springs may put too much strain on the original suspension.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I only had a quick scan of the replays, looked like the majority liked them. I do like the car, just the wheels are not to my taste.

Not for me I'm afraid. Needs to be totally decked to pull them off imo. For me a different design wheel with at a push a slight drop would be much better.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't like the chrome mirror caps. I Don't see the wheels as bling tbh, certainly not after 100 miles driving!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Not for me I'm afraid. Needs to be totally decked to pull them off imo. For me a different design wheel with at a push a slight drop would be much better.

The more I think about it, the more I'm against lowering now. Don't get me wrong, it looks cool but I'm in my thirties and crawling over speed bumps for me is a bit 2004.