ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Xbox announced, tonight 18:00PM

1.2 16v
Fingers crossed ey. Deciding factor for me I'm afraid... not bothered about online experience THAT much because I know Sony have stepped up their game since their last Hiccup and they wouldn't let anything ruin this.. They'd go bustif this flopped, same with Microsoft. They're both investing a great deal of money and time, something they won't get back were something to happen. I think they'd both be great but looking at it ATM one shines more than the other.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yes, Sony would go bust seeing as theyre in crazy amounts of debt.

Microsoft wouldnt go bust though, they have way too much money lol!

Looking forward to the Xbox E3 stuff, really hope they dont f*ck it up!

dk

911 GTS Cab
sony did post a profit this year, but that was mainly down to selling loads of stuff off i think.

i read last night that xbox games will be region locked again, which is disappointing as ps3 games weren't, and hopefully ps4 ones won't be. when i visit my friends in america i sometimes take a couple of games over to play on their system.

I also read that MS are making kinect support mandatory on all games for the one.

Honda. Tesla Someday
sony did post a profit this year, but that was mainly down to selling loads of stuff off i think.

i read last night that xbox games will be region locked again, which is disappointing as ps3 games weren't, and hopefully ps4 ones won't be. when i visit my friends in america i sometimes take a couple of games over to play on their system.

I also read that MS are making kinect support mandatory on all games for the one.

Yeah they made a profit for the year but they sold soooooo much stuff / the profit is only going towards paying their debt.

​Tbh, if the PS4 fails Sony could go under. Not even joking.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see the PS4 failing to be honest. I honestly think they've got it right this time around. Developer support is seemingly much larger than in prior PS console generations; primarily due to their change in system architecture. It really is a LOT easier to develop for. I find it interesting that Sony have stated that PS Vita support will be mandatory on all it's games (i.e. so the game can be run on the PS4 yet wi-fi'd over the air to the PS Vita and 'played' from the handheld). Maybe trying to drum up support and sales for the PS Vita?!? Who knows. I'd rather the developer spend extra time and resource on the core game rather than trying to get it working on the handheld.

AK

M240i

Shame you can't read.

Please note that there are no official prices announced for Xbox One products. The price stated above is a placeholder. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price. For more on Xbox One, click here.

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Shame you can't read.

Please note that there are no official prices announced for Xbox One products. The price stated above is a placeholder. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price. For more on Xbox One, click here.

wow bitchy, I didn't state that was it's final price. Just put a link up for information to others. Sorry that you woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning.

Evo 5 RS
I can't see the PS4 failing to be honest. I honestly think they've got it right this time around. Developer support is seemingly much larger than in prior PS console generations; primarily due to their change in system architecture. It really is a LOT easier to develop for. I find it interesting that Sony have stated that PS Vita support will be mandatory on all it's games (i.e. so the game can be run on the PS4 yet wi-fi'd over the air to the PS Vita and 'played' from the handheld). Maybe trying to drum up support and sales for the PS Vita?!? Who knows. I'd rather the developer spend extra time and resource on the core game rather than trying to get it working on the handheld.

I find that more surprising than interesting RE Vita! Would of thought they'd of cut their losses on that now.

AK

M240i
wow b**chy, I didn't state that was it's final price. Just put a link up for information to others. Sorry that you woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning.

Perhaps I should have added a ';)' so you didn't get your tampon in a twist?

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Perhaps I should have added a ';)' so you didn't get your tampon in a twist?

Ah the ol' switcheroo to make it look like me with my knickers in a twist. Well played old chap.
Anyway I think we should leave childish squabbles and actually just talk about XBOX.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Bookies are taking bets on the unannounced Xbox One retail price.

William Hill are currently offering 8/11 odds that Microsoft's newest console will launch in the UK at £500 or higher.
The bookmakers are giving the same odds for the retail price of this year's FIFA 14 being at least £60 on Xbox One, and evens that it will cost £59.99 or less.

William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly said: "As things stand, no-one knows how much the console will cost, let alone the games.

"But we reckon there is every chance that they will be a lot less than some sites are predicting."

Earlier this week, Amazon priced Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at £599, though a disclaimer stated that the figures were placeholders and that customers will be charged the lowest price if it changes between now and launch.

i reckon the consoles will be £399.

DB.

BMW 440i
I don't think I'd mind up to about £500, but would ideally like a game included in that, and would need to buy an extra controller too. (Guessing that won't bother most of the loners on here, just kidding ;) )

dk

911 GTS Cab
if i remember right with launch of the ps3, i think it was very difficult to buy the console by itself, everywhere were only really doing bundles to bump up the price.

did the ps3 launch at £499 thinking about it?

*edit, just checked it was £425, and i also just found this article from the times saying that the PS4 will have a significantly cheaper launch price, probably £300!!!!!

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/industries/technology/article3691304.ece

i doubt that personally.

DB.

BMW 440i
Guessing we will have to buy a battery charger again as well for the new controller pads.

TBF nothing post-pub has ever really beaten plugging in a Wave Race 64 cartridge.

Although that's a bit like saying Clio 200 was the last of the old school.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Digital spy did a vote to see who was more excited about the Xbox or ps4, Xbox got 10% of the vote, ps4 68% I think and the rest didnt care either way.

Wll be interesting to see what the take is after the ps4 reveal and the games for both in a week or so time.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah not a big fan of the new ps controller. I never minded the old one but once you get used to the xbox one and then go back to ps it feels crap.