ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Xbox announced, tonight 18:00PM

Evo 5 RS
It's just what you're used to personally. I preferred the PS controller for a short while when PS3 actually had games worth turning it on for.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Had a blast on a mates ps3 the other night, hated the controller, probably as I'm used to the Xbox one. It's the layout of the buttons and the fact it weighs very little

Evo 5 RS
Just stumbled across a summary of a recent survey:

Gaming-Survey.png

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol 1137 people, thats about the same amount as people as a large secondary school. Hardly representative.

Mito Sportiva 135
Actually, 1137 would be considered a pretty decent sample size for a survey. Anything above 300 is considered pretty robust. You would be surprised how low the base sizes are for some of the stats and 'facts' banded around (I work in market research so know this happens a lot!)

Having said that some of the numbers in there don't make sense to me - only 9% using their console for gaming. I mean I may have used other 360 features a handful of times but very, very infrequently (e.g. internet browser).

It stats like these though which obviously lead Sony and MS to designing the consoles they have.

DB.

BMW 440i
Actually, 1137 would be considered a pretty decent sample size for a survey. Anything above 300 is considered pretty robust. You would be surprised how low the base sizes are for some of the stats and 'facts' banded around (I work in market research so know this happens a lot!)

Having said that some of the numbers in there don't make sense to me - only 9% using their console for gaming. I mean I may have used other 360 features a handful of times but very, very infrequently (e.g. internet browser).

It stats like these though which obviously lead Sony and MS to designing the consoles they have.

​Having also worked in market research, it's not exactly sufficient for a global market. It does seem to be the industry norm when they try and do things on a shampoo advert to say 97% found their hair felt smoother though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah it makes me laugh at those ads. 9/10 users would buy it again

*20 people tried it*

lol.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah cosmetics ads are the worst, e.g. '99% of 28 people' - you wouldn't even give a stat for 28 people if it was a project as the accuracy would be horrendously low.

1137 might be a little low for a global survey, agreed, but I think it's just set from DealNews customers so not representative anyway. Probably no quota on 360/PS4 users either and probably all/most UK customers.

In summary - probs a load of s^^t!!!

Evo 5 RS
I'd say it's representative enough. What are you after, an exact %? Good luck with that. It doesn't confirm anything people didn't already know anyway regarding lower PS3 stats.

Evo 5 RS
Xbox One games that will most likely be at E3

• Halo 5
• Killer Instinct
• Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty Land
• Forza Motorsport 5
• Quantum Break
• Halo: Spartan Assault
• Ryse
• Fable IV
• Crackdown 3
• Fortnite
• Dead Rising 3
• Call of Duty: Ghosts
• Battlefield 4
• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
• Dying Light
• Prey 2
• Homefront 2
• Beyond Good & Evil 2
• Mirror's Edge 2
• Rainbow 6: Patriots
• Brother in Arms: Furious Four
• League of Legends
• Batman: Arkham Origins

Honda. Tesla Someday
An image showing Xbox One games has been leaked - it shows:

Banjo Kazooie - Grunty Land
Forza 5
Fable 4
Halo: Spartan Assault (now confirmed as a Windows 8/Windows Phone 8 game)
Quantum Break

And...

It showed a logo for HALO 5.

There are other logo's too in the image but its hard to make out what games they are for.

Exciting stuff!

Honda. Tesla Someday
For anyone who has not seen Microsoft Illumiroom properly, here it is!

If this makes it on to the Xbox One I will seriously cream my pants!

​One of the best innovations ever in terms of immersion and Epicness!!!!!!!

Oh and so you knows this video was captured in real time. It has Not been manipulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Must admit, that its pretty impressive.

None of it is necessary/possible for me though. I play a console in the bedroom, lying in bed, with my TV wall mounted at the foot of the bed. Kinect etc can GTFO.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My consoles are also in my room. That would be of no use to me at all.

Evo 5 RS
It would be far easier to just use an actual 1080p projector. That will not take off. Some of the lighting effects are cool, but the novelty wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Regarding Illumiroom, do you remember the leaked specs from a couple of years ago? They showed more than 1 projector, basically making the walls beside the TV screens too, so it's like VR.

Evo 5 RS
It means the GPU will be running at 900gigaflops which is 50% less than the PS4 GPU. So if true, it means they're crippling the console in order to dismiss manufacturing issues. There's still time before launch so whether or not they can rectify it is unclear, but it's not good. Goes a long way towards what I was saying before about the difference in quality between multi-platform games.

They've also apparently just cancelled their post-E3 presentation round table.

320d M Sport
Ah right thanks.
I've got faith in Microsoft to be honest. All these specs etc really don't interest me as long as it does cool stuff and doesn't sound like a Hoover!

Titanium 182
Ah right thanks.
I've got faith in Microsoft to be honest.
I think a lot of people had faith in Sony after the successes of the PS1/PS2 and look how that turned out.

I think any company seems to struggle with their third console. Complacency, maybe?