ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Xbox announced, tonight 18:00PM

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Forza 5 WILL be the best racing game ever released.

Can't wait just hope it isn't too costly.

Yaris Hybrid
I like it. Will pre-order for launch.

Yeah not expecting it to my match my PC but then that costs well over £2k more than that Xbox will launch at. It will be close enough and exclusives like Halo will look amazing and none of this bulls**t we get on PC where every single game has problems either on NVidia or ATI at launch depending on who paid the dev the most.

Looks like the new Kinect will actually deliver on what the original one falsely promised too. No need for Wii U Tablet controllers or the PS touch pad.

I had an Xbox and 360 at launch and was still playing games on them at the end of the generation so there is no doubt it is money well spent. Never thought in 2005 that I'd be playing the latest Halo released on the machine at the tail end of 2012 and with graphics that still looked really good and were not laughable compared to what my latest PC games were like at the time.

I am actually pretty excited by the Idea of a Halo TV series though. USB 3.0 which is blisteringly quick.

Though call of duty have never made massive innovations, thats usually left Gears of War, Halo, and Battlefield.

but FORZA. (Fort-sa) E3 will be good.

320d M Sport
I'll be amazed if its less than £325.

Deffo getting one. Compared to the PS4 reveal I think they did a brilliant job.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It was good but as a games machine it didn't really reveal too much about games. Like I say though, it's about the machine I guess and lots of publishers and developers have an embargo until E3.

Though they did keep mentioning the living room. Kinect usually needs a fair amount of space.

What about all the 13-17 year old kids who play halo or call of duty on a school night in their little box rooms. How will it all come in to play then?

Yaris Hybrid
Though they did keep mentioning the living room. Kinect usually needs a fair amount of space.

What about all the 13-17 year old kids who play halo or call of duty on a school night in their little box rooms. How will it all come in to play then?

It likely won't suffer the flaws of the original. I don't want to jump around my room like a weirdo, I just want it to track my hand and arm movements. Hopefully it can do that and integration in games won't require that it sees your entire body for the very good reasons that you mention. My games room is small with lots of clutter.

DB.

BMW 440i
I'll be amazed if its less than £325.

Deffo getting one. Compared to the PS4 reveal I think they did a brilliant job.

​I actually found that presentation up there with Apples presentations, rather than PS4's bodge job.

dk

911 GTS Cab
​I actually found that presentation up there with Apples presentations, rather than PS4's bodge job.
The ps4 presentation hasn't happened yet, that's in June, the other one was just a teaser. Can't compare it.

Anyway, where's the best lace to watch this back, tried the Xbox website earlier but I wouldn't come up.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lets not turn this into childish bickering now lads, we all know the new xbox will dominate the new ps4.

Titanium 182
I loved the 360, but they've gone wrong turning this into an 'entertainment' centre. Blocking preowned games, mandatory installs, more f**king ads, sodding Kinect built in. I'm afraid I'm out.

dk

911 GTS Cab
We had a meeting with a game developer today, one that produced a very big game on Xbox in the last year, they're looking at adding a f**k load of storage, guess their storage needs for Xbox one games will be massive.

anyway, the thing that annoys me, this will be out the same time as GTA, yet 360 games are not compatible with the new One, so people who want to play GTA are going to have to keep their old box around too, which is a pain in the ass for space, my tv stand is already perfectly filled.

If the ps4 has backwards compatibility like they did with the ps3, I think I'm going that way.

I don't buy second hand games, as they aren't any cheaper than buying games from a supermarket, so that bit doesn't bother me, although installing all games onto the hard drive means the 500gb isn't going to go far when games will end up being 25-50gb big each.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, the gaming side of things of the presentation is poor. It would have been nice even if they'd told us what the capabilities were, even if we didn't understand them.
They're deliberately saving the more game-biased reveals for E3 mate. As for capabilities, it is extremely capable. :) It won't compare with your £2k+ PC's but it's bl00dy good (as is the PS4 to be honest) and the best thing is the 8GB RAM. At frikkin' last. And DirectX11+ level feature set. Consoles *shouldn't* hold back PC development as much as the previous generation really either given the fundamental similarities in architecture.

Do you have to have Kinect or is it optional? I've enough s**te crowded round my TV without that too.
Kinect is an integral part of the system with some significant system grunt used to process it's inputs. It's actually quite impressive in terms of it's resolution and responsiveness. Hopefully we'll see some new and novel ways to use it.

I think the size of the Games is the reason its gone to Blu-ray. Blu ray can hold so much more data (hopefully enough for forza 5/ BF4 to be on one disc) but the loading times are horrendous in comparison. Hopefully the install will only be to increase loading times, they mentioned nothing about not being able to play preowned games.

We'll find out something like that at E3 im sure.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I think the size of the Games is the reason its gone to Blu-ray. Blu ray can hold so much more data (hopefully enough for forza 5/ BF4 to be on one disc) but the loading times are horrendous in comparison. Hopefully the install will only be to increase loading times, they mentioned nothing about not being able to play preowned games.

We'll find out something like that at E3 im sure.
Yes they do, all games need to be installed onto the hard drive and then the game is tied to your xboxlive id, if you install a pre owned game you will be asked to pay a fee before you can assign it to your xboxlive id and play it.

Kinect is an integral part of the system with some significant system grunt used to process it's inputs. It's actually quite impressive in terms of it's resolution and responsiveness. Hopefully we'll see some new and novel ways to use it.

Doesn't mean I want that giant ugly t**t of a bar right in front of my TV.