ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Xbox announced, tonight 18:00PM

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I assumed the way they showed it all together/the reliance on it that it will come together as a package.

Seems daft putting £20 down now to pre order, a bit Roy Keane!

Just use Shopto. They aren't demanding a fee. LOL.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The console itself will be around £399 yeah, but then factor in the Kinect and I'd say you're looking north of £500. I'll still pay that, for my sins, but it's not cheap all in.

In hoping the Kinect stuff comes included in the original price.

I bloody hope its included if it won't work without?

Evo 5 RS
FgdI5qf.png

Titanium 182
Not a fair comparison - the guy on the right is older, so has more frown lines.

Also, graphics are so good nowadays it's all becoming much of a muchness.

Evo 5 RS
It's very fair TBH. Look at the facial hair, the scars. In fact just watch the Ghost trailer. It looks like it's practically the same engine as the older games.

Not saying this is a fair representation of the Xbox prowess, just how lazy the developers for the franchise are.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Can't wait for this!!!

It'll finally put the playstation to bed no doubt.

Titanium 182
Do you try and put a negative spin on everything Xbox? How is that different from the 360?
It's not, but crucially it's different from both Steam and PS4. They are demolishing their walled gardens while Microsoft are ordering new bricks.

Ph 1 172
Seriously indie games how many do people actually give a f**k about... If the ps4's selling point is that it has indie games then good on Sony because that's a bullshit selling point.

also I don't understand all the hate for kinect, its f**king epic on the 360 with the integration on forza 4, forza horizon, ghost recon, fifa 13, steel battalion and skyrim. Gunslinger is a fantastic game as well (which can be played sitting down) also the party games dancing, sports, adventures are all good when your having a party. But the really good thing I like about it is going through menus with your voice on all the apps and home page, pausing and playing videos. If the new kinect is a massive step forward like it looks like its going to be then it will be amazing.

it confuses me why people don't want a way of talking to there game to create another dimension of playing. As long as Microsoft really push this new kinect then it will be amazing.

Also confused at the "I don't want a multimedia unit I just want a console" the 360 is already a multimedia unit between the games sky sports, now tv, Netflix and Zune/Microsoft streaming service.

looking forward to see some in-game footage.

​Got to say though not sure on the styling of it yet.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I assumed the way they showed it all together/the reliance on it that it will come together as a package.

This was my logic and the pricing sort of backs that up IMO

Not to mention it needs kinect to work by all accounts

If it was £399 plus Kinect, it makes it a very pricey upgrade and won't entice people away from their 360's

SQ5
I don't think it will, everyone has an Xbox.

It'll stop sales of the One I reckon as people would rather pay £40 for a game than £400 for a console.

DB.

BMW 440i
Doubt that, the new COD and Fifa coming out on the new Xbox will be enough to get most onto the new one, plus everyone wants to have the latest.

I think GTA has lost it's impact these days.

It can even detect your heartbeat too, how the f**k does that even work?
It guesses based on how much sweat certain areas of your body produce or something equally as mental.

Oh, not sweat - watch this. Seriously impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 16v 'YOJ'
It won't be, R* said this is for this gen only

What the f**k is that!? So I have to buy a game for a console thats just been replaced!? Bit of a piss take isnt it?

I was REALLY REALLY looking forawrd to GTA, but after this its put it into a bit of a downer tbh

edit: Have you got a link to the announcement of that, not that I dont believe you I just want to read it :)

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
Yes, the slim 360's have it built in already

Still rolling with my old 360 elite or whatever it is, hasn't caused me problems so never needed to upgrade lol!

Although do need wireless now so good timing really!

SQ5
What the f**k is that!? So I have to buy a game for a console thats just been replaced!? Bit of a piss take isnt it?

I was REALLY REALLY looking forawrd to GTA, but after this its put it into a bit of a downer tbh

edit: Have you got a link to the announcement of that, not that I dont believe you I just want to read it :)

GTAV has been in development before this console was! It's hardly a piss take, if anything it's MS fault for not making backward compatible as they would of probably assumed.

Why can't you just have two boxes for a little while? It's not that big a deal!

SQ5
Still rolling with my old 360 elite or whatever it is, hasn't caused me problems so never needed to upgrade lol!

Although do need wireless now so good timing really!

Why do you need wireless? Just buy some home plugs for £20 and have a proper wired connection.