ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Clio 182 Engine power loss after recent rebuild and belt change

Clio 182 FF
First post..

Traded my Fiesta zetec s mk6 for a clio 182 FF (55 reg 48000 miles). Not having much knowledge about these cars i bought without looking into the belt history. 1 week after owning the car, and some research i sent it into the garage for both belts doing including all tensioners and oil & filter change. The car hadn't had either belts done from new. while down at the garage the whole situation turned into a bit of a nightmare, the mechanic hadn't tightened the crankshaft pulley up enough ( didn't use gun) so when it was fired up the crankshaft pulley slipped and toasted the engine. He agreed to pay for all damage, head was sent off for skimming and new valves and job lot. Now the car seems less powerful than my before, my exhaust sounds to be blowing, im just hoping it is this! sounds to be coming from around the cat, could this cause power loss?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Hello Olivermitchell, welcome aboard. Enjoy your visits.