ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie Clio williams help

Hi all first post can anyone give me some help/advice on a Williams clio currently have a mk2 16v golf gti and going to view a 95 phs 2 ..87k on clock full hsitory very good unabused standard condition 12mths mot 8mths tax guy wants 3k is this a fair price? Ive allways liked the cars but had a couple of 5 turbos in the past are the clios better built more reliable etc? are the Willaims a good fun allround car?good strong engines boxes etc and finally are parts very expensive at all my mk2 16v does need a bit of welly to get the most out are the williams like that or are they torqey (cant spell) engine thanks in advance for any help.....pls be quick going to view tommorow cheers Nick

[Edited by Alfie on 20 November 2004 at 8:48pm]

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Hello and welcome to the club.

Williams tend to be priced around 3 - 6K at the moment depending on milage and condition...

Mileage is not as important as condition though. You want to have a good look for corrosion, check to see if there is any play in the steering wheel, broken coil springs are expensive to replace, and maybe a once over by a rac man might save you a few pounds.

Try and have a look at a few cars as there seam to be a few for sale at the minute.

Or another way - post pictures on here for me the guys to have a once over....we might spot something ;)

right lol price sounds alright depends on condition really, check for things like the rear arches, they can rust, check steering for play, leaks etc all normal stuff really,

reliability ,ive had mine 8month and only problems ive had is clutch cable snapped and alternator started dieing, which cost me a total of about £95 to put both right, yes the engines are strong if been looked after, good power, power comes in at 2500rpm and should do pretty much all way to limiter(6400rpm) , there a great all round fun car, love mine and wouldnt change it for another car, dont have to really welly it as such to get it going anywere, power comes in low enough to just put your foot down and your off!

for more info on the cars go here www.williamsclio.co.uk

will 2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio williams 3,

cant fault them myself as my GF bought one a will 2, then i got bitten by the bug and i bought another one, a will 3.

GO FOR IT!!