ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Cup Owner

Newbie Cup Owner

Hi all, thought i would post and say hello as i am new to the cliosport forum today.

Picked up my 172 cup on Friday... was pre registered by Renault main delaer on 23\12\2003 and had 25 miles on it Was up at £10995 but managed to haggle to £10250 with full tank of juice... BARGAIN!! what can i say other than its absoulutley awesome. Did 650 miles over the weekend, couldnt leave it alone. Ran it in for about 150 miles and then started booting it every so often.. and now im just revving the tits off it all the time... so addictive!!

I seem to have a permaent smile on my face everytime I drive it!

Looks like a quality forum with regular posts and helpful info + will hopefully make the day job a lot more interesting :cool:

Welcome and congratulations on a fab little car, ive now 8,000 miles in mine (its on 12,000 now, got it at 4k) and its faster now than it was when i got it. The engine seems to bed in after a few thousand.

Its a great car and great fun to drive, looks like you got a bargin!

Hi guys, cheers for the welcoming responses

You mean it gets even faster :) cant wait!!

the Renault dealer told me i wouldnt really see all of the power until about 1500 miles so looking forward to that milestone. Ive heard about Renault build quality also and a couple of dashboard niggles\rattles are creaping in already but who cares when its this much fun eh!!

Stripes are looking good in the pic... certainly makes it stand out from the rest.

Its my first day of driving it in the rain today... its certainly proving quite a handful getting the power down in 1st and 2nd (all part of the fun though)

I can see myself getting through the front tyres quite quickly due to the torque steer but at the end of the day its still cheap as chips!

mine were almost illegal on the front and not far off on the back by 8,500, changed to Uniroyal Rainsports. think ill save up and get some PE2s next time

Nippy white cup

Welcome to the club m8. Hope you enjoy your motor...I still love driving it after 21000 miles!

Chris

*Watch out for KDF...hell be prodding you soon! ;)

Cheers all for the welcomes\responses... its nice to finally find an active forum with decent people\posts and banta :)

The Cup rules!!

lol, only been a member for an hour and already causing a stir:oops:

Wont get started on the "which car is fastest" post as im sure it must have been done to death at some point on here... money is on the cup though!! lol

The cup Rules!!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

hehe, its a running joke around here that the cup is best at everything.

Theres been stories in the driving tales, where cups have beaten ferraris, porsches and the like!

Brilliant... think that is the best bit of it, the fact you know you can beat things costing 2-3 times as much!!

The Cup Rules!!

Nissan Jewk

yeah i got my arse kicked by a cup when i was on my bike and i had a head start!! (yeah, right!)

Lee

BMW M2C

Im on the 9th floor of an office block and a Cup has just flown past my window faster than the speed of sound. :p

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by mikec172 on 14 July 2004

yeah i got my arse kicked by a cup when i was on my bike and i had a head start!! (yeah, right!)
Exactly!

See Cups are far better than anything else on the road...... hell Im sure theyd beat an F15 in a straight line drag as well! ;)

Liquid yellow R26 F1

I have to agree.. the CUP is the dogs..

picked mine up last Friday week.. already done about a thousand miles.. i used to have a Scoob, but sold that e few years ago (house renovations). there were two cars in the running.. EVO 6 and a CUP.. The budget wasnt up to the EVO..:( so went for the CUP :D.. its superb.. not far off the pace of my old scoob (if you really ring it neck..)..

James

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Hi, sounds like your really enjoying your new motor and u got a good deal which makes it so much better...:D.

And by the way............WILLIAMS RULE........lol ;).

Welcome aboard pal. I also got my cup recently, just done 1400 miles and its running sweet. Like James I had a Scooby before but got rid due to house stuff. I still go out on some of the scooby meets and although most of the cars are modified to some degree and noticeably quicker they cant shake me completely (of course they could be waiting for me :) )

just a word of warning for all new comers (cup owners) to the site, theres alot of bitching about the cup and its owners, dont know why , its just a fact, a shame really but thats life i suppose.

enjoy the car anyway, dont listen to the crap some people on here will give you

bmw m3

Quote: Originally posted by Mondial UFO on 14 July 2004

Newbie Cup Owner

Hi all, thought i would post and say hello as i am new to the cliosport forum today.

Picked up my 172 cup on Friday... was pre registered by Renault main delaer on 23\12\2003 and had 25 miles on it Was up at £10995 but managed to haggle to £10250 with full tank of juice... BARGAIN!! what can i say other than its absoulutley awesome. Did 650 miles over the weekend, couldnt leave it alone. Ran it in for about 150 miles and then started booting it every so often.. and now im just revving the tits off it all the time... so addictive!!

I seem to have a permaent smile on my face everytime I drive it!

Looks like a quality forum with regular posts and helpful info + will hopefully make the day job a lot more interesting :cool:
No offence mate but £10250 is not that much of a bargain. I was offered a pre reg cup with 7 miles on for £9950. And have you not read the section in the handbook on running your cup in first 650 miles should not be taken over 4000 revs or 70 mph. then up to 1500 should gradually up the revs.

Quote: Originally posted by GavB on 14 July 2004

Ran it in for about 150 miles and then started booting it every so often.. and now im just revving the tits off it all the time... so addictive!!

And have you not read the section in the handbook on running your cup in first 650 miles should not be taken over 4000 revs or 70 mph. then up to 1500 should gradually up the revs.
There are different views on bedding the engine in. The engineering view for most power and economy etc is the one I take which is to use it hard in the first 20 miles particularly for the rings to bed in (ie make a good seal) in the engine. This idea about being gently to it is mainly down (IMO) to the fact that any failures are usually found in the first 1k so if it fails at high RPM then it will cost more to fix plus if you tell people to hammer at car almost the instent there out the forcourt then they will crash and premiums will go up which isnt good.

Wait till its warm before hammering a new cars, thats all. Then give it hell for maximum power.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Edde,

So you reckon, boot it for first 20miles, then go softly?
Ive read soo many dos and donts Ive no idea :(

Cheers,

Lee.

GAVB

£9995 or £10250 who cares! (£300 difference) at the end of the day its a bargain however you look at it considering what you get for your money...

STUPID AMOUNTS OF FUN:devilish:

Lee

BMW M2C

GAVB

£9995 or £10250 who cares! (£300 difference) at the end of the day its a bargain however you look at it considering what you get for your money...

Exactly. Renault Birmingham had a 52 plate for £9,995 earlier!! Now thats over priced as they have pre reg 53s for £10,995 there.

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 14 July 2004

Edde,

So you reckon, boot it for first 20miles, then go softly?
Ive read soo many dos and donts Ive no idea :(
Yes wait till then engine warm then hammer it to the red line a few loads to get the rings to bed in you only have 20 miles to get it right. Theres a lot of engineering theory and proven data behind hard bedins and why were told all these stuff about bedding them in sofly being incorrect regards maximum power etc and more in terms of insurance etc.

But as for the idea of going easy after that I dont wouldnt agree sure after the first 20 miles the rings strenght as sealing the engine are fixed more or less but there no need to be gently with the car so long as its warm.

The engine is very strong and long life it will have changed owners many times before any problems occur.

bmw m3

GAVB

Well if you have got £300 to burn then it is a bargain

black golf v6 4 motion

i had a cup mate now a 182 i loved my cup to bits the power was awesome coming from a 1.2 16v clio..... i only changed for luxurys and safety features abs etc enjoy it i know you will

Well if you have got £300 to burn then it is a bargain
why ???? why post stupid sh*t like this, if the bloke could get one cheaper then he would, but he cant so hes paying what the car is worth, its a bargain whichever way you look at it, there still going second hand on autotrader for 9.5 k +, and hes getting a full warranty.

its a bargain mate, enjoy