ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Hi, wanabee CUP owner

VW Golf GTi 1.8T
Hey all, just a quick Hi as Im new to the forum, I am going to be looking for a 172 cup in the near future and wanted to get clued up before I purchase.
I think there awesome little cars especialy of the price they are now!
I find forums very useful, I was on PGAC when I had my 106 XSi and GTi, Edition 38 and UKMKivs with my golf.
I currently own a Golf GTi 1.8T but Ive had it 4 yrs now so time for a change and I used to love my 106's lightweight pocket rockets so it seemed the obvious choice.
Heres the golf.
currently running 219bhp 245lbs torque

DSC_4803.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

joN

VW Golf GTi 1.8T
Well as this is a double post.... Im well into my detailing, Im looking forward to swirl correction on the cup I buy now, is that geeky lol, and like spending a few quid on my motors, the golf was standard when I got it.
I love the blue the cup is in. I wouldnt want to change it loads, but like the idea of some seats and stripped out rear. maybe uprated suspension and brakes, The Golf currently has recaros from an evo7 in there.
If there are any cup owners that want to show there cup off or give me links to your build thread, that'd be great.
cheers
joN

ps. another thing, I registered on here years ago just to look at pics of my mates williams but had a 106 then, is there any way of changing my username?

Last edited:
  C3 Picasso Beast
Click "Forum Actions" just below the Shop tab at the top and then "Edit Profile" to change your username :)

VW Golf GTi 1.8T
Cheers but I tried that,
'Username Change - Optional

You don't have permission to change your username.'

VW Golf GTi 1.8T
Will become a paid member when I am a Clio owner, coming on here to try and learn more about the car was going to influence my decision of buying the thing, I have a few options Im considering.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Welcome mate.
Love a bit of picture whoring :

90ac734f.jpg

It's only got a couple of mods so far, but it's destined for greatness :)