ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie just bought a 172 Ph1

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Hi Guys and Gals

Just thought I'd introduce myself.
I currently race in the Midland Hillclimb Championship and my usual car is 3 Door Sierra Cosworth unfortunatley 3 weeks before the start of the season on the rolling road it span a shell pretty much devasting the bottom end. No time or indeed money to get it ready in time.
So I was advised a Clio 172 would be the way to and drop down into the under 2000cc Class.
After having a look at few I found a very nice looking 172 Phase 1 in Flame Red a mere 3 miles from my house, a deal was done and now it sitting in my garage.
Just need a another set of alloys for some super sticky 1B tyres throw a Bucket seat and harness in a few little things to make it Hillclimb compliant and I'll be ready to go for the 1st round at Prescott on the 25th and 26th of April.

Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I'm on holiday at the moment, so here are some photos shamelessly taken from the For Sale ad on here:

fullsizerender-1-jpg.124765

fullsizerender-4-jpg.124768

fullsizerender-5-jpg.124769

fullsizerender-2-jpg.124767

Rich

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
best 1*2 (apart from Trophy). Number plate logo suggests it might have been on here at some stage?

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
best 1*2 (apart from Trophy). Number plate logo suggests it might have been on here at some stage?

Yes I bought it off a fella on here "SxDaN"
First time I drove a 172 was on the test drive and have to say I was pleasantly suprised at how well it drove.

Hiya matey. Just scrolled down and saw your user name and thought it would be you.

Hi mate, are you going to pop to Prescott for the season opener?

Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Yes mate Pardon, such a hard corner to get right and I completely balls it up on my last run.

Rich