ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie wanting to say hi!!

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Hey all!

I'm a new forum user - today I went to look at a 182, and have left a deposit for it.
Hopefully picking it up on Friday *fingers crossed*!! :D Just in time for the World Series on Saturday!!!!

I'm from the West Midlands and already know Addicted (from Uni) and dazzler bear 182 lives just down the road from me!!

Currently driving a normal run of the mill 1.2 X reg Clio which I've had since I passed my test and am now (to be) the proud owner of a 2004 Black 182!! :D

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Sadly, only a couple of pictures that the current owner has sent to me.
I thought about taking some myself today but I just got carried away falling in love with it instead!!! ;)
Friday can't come quick enough!

RSClio21.jpg

RSClio11.jpg

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Thanks for all the welcomes!!
Just become a member as well!

Not got any plans for the Clio at the moment... I'm open to suggestions from anyone though!

Can't wait to get my hands on it and give it a good clean! Are there any products that you can recommend?
And, I'm ashamed to say I don't know much about the exhaust system apart from it's a Scorpion - does this help at all??
All of the information I was being given - some of it I just didn't take in/remember!

Also, while I'm here. Three of the alloys need a little TLC as they have obviously been kerbed. Can anyone recommend anywhere near the West Midlands that will be able to do them? Being anthracite will it limit where I can take them?
Managed to knock a couple of hundred off the selling price so that I can put it towards the alloy repairs.

Clio
Welcome along Tash,
I'll give some poetry a bash.
You've not been her long
no time to prepare a song
Your new car looks superb,
Good luck with the wheel refurb.

Clio RS 182
Welcome along Tash,
I'll give some poetry a bash.
You've not been her long
no time to prepare a song
Your new car looks superb,
Good luck with the wheel refurb.
p.s. show us ya tits
or we'll rip ya to bits.

I was expecting it to end something like the above mace, dissapoint!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Thanks for all the welcomes!!
Just become a member as well!

Not got any plans for the Clio at the moment... I'm open to suggestions from anyone though!

Can't wait to get my hands on it and give it a good clean! Are there any products that you can recommend?
And, I'm ashamed to say I don't know much about the exhaust system apart from it's a Scorpion - does this help at all??
All of the information I was being given - some of it I just didn't take in/remember!

Also, while I'm here. Three of the alloys need a little TLC as they have obviously been kerbed. Can anyone recommend anywhere near the West Midlands that will be able to do them? Being anthracite will it limit where I can take them?
Managed to knock a couple of hundred off the selling price so that I can put it towards the alloy repairs.

Re wheel refurb, I had a couple of spare Trophy Turinis done in the correct anthracite by Paul Smart at the following:
http://www.smartcarerepair.co.uk/
Was very pleased with price, turnaround etc. They can do them while you leave the car with them if you need to.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Thank you again for all the welcomes!! And the poem from Mace!! Blue Mez.... why bother waiting until the 2nd thread - might as well start as you mean to go on!! ;)

And thank you is1 for your recommendation. I obviously don't just want the alloys to just be repaired, I want to be happy with the results and for them to be the correct colour. I spoke to one company in Tewkesbury who told me 182 alloy colour is 'notoriously difficult to match' and that they would basically do their best - needless to say I won't be taking my alloys there!!! I was hoping that someone would recommend somewhere they had been with their own anthracite alloys, so thank you! :D

Clio
Tash Tash do you have a moustache?
Tash Tash I've got some spare cash
Tash Tash would you like to catch a rash?
Tash Tash is there hair on your....

Merc
Thought a female might have been lurking. Not that usual to get these many views and replies on a newbie thread lol.

Anyway, welcome tash. Nothing to fear here :D if you don't mind banter ofcourse.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Thought a female might have been lurking. Not that usual to get these many views and replies on a newbie thread lol.

Anyway, welcome tash. Nothing to fear here :D if you don't mind banter ofcourse.

Well you all seem like a really friendly bunch!!! Feeling very welcomed! And as the the banter, I can handle it... might even give as good as I get!! ;)

FLOL Mace you never fail to disappoint :p
Looking good Tash, at last! :D
Are you at the RWS this weekend btw, forgot to ask?

ohh and i didnt know you knew dazzler! met him at CSS he's a good chap!

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Looking good Tash, at last! :D

ohh and i didnt know you knew dazzler! met him at CSS he's a good chap!

Thanks!!! Picked it up tonight an I've fallen in love!!

Yeh, Daz lives literally just down the road from me! Every time I walked the dog past his house I wished I had one of my own!!! ;) Gutted I didn't have a Clio for the CSS, but if there's another next year I'll be there! :)