ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newsgroups - need current info please

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Seems to be ok. Astraweb were doing something to there servers

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
When you guys say failed downloads have you checked the logs to see why they have failed? Astraweb have an automated DMCA takedown process which means stuff gets taken down pretty quickly now.

It's not them having problems, it's just how it is.

DCi
if you get on the sabnzbd forum there are links going up and down all the time.

you can get away with binsearch but you have to get familiar with who is posting to make sure you get a decent download

weirdly it looks like less content is dissapearing now nzbmatrix is gone, i guess that is the site the yank boys were using to serve all their DMCAs hah

So Mimo is not as good as I first thought. A whole load of the files I've downloaded are useless or failing.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Can someone give a lowdown on Newsgroups please? I'd like to start but not sure where !

Audi S1
Subscribe to a newsgroup (newsdemons)
Download a client (SABNZB)
Go to any of the websites in this thread and search for the contents. Just don't a stupid and be careful what you download.

Just bumping this, as I've not used Newsgroups for ~5 years or so.

I've noticed NewsHosting now has it's own browser, this is pretty neat and far easier to use than anything I've used before.

Any others worth considering?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've been using Frugal as the provider, and NZBget as my downloading thing.
Also have a years sub to oznzb, which is pretty good for searching for stuff to grab
Sickbeard for the TV stuff