ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Next Gen/PC] GTA V

dk

911 GTS Cab
Looks epic, 100% getting this! will be rinsing it over Xmas, and I have a feeling the ps4 will be better slightly, just saying.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks epic, 100% getting this! will be rinsing it over Xmas, and I have a feeling the ps4 will be better slightly, just saying.

I have a feeling the PC version will be better slightly than the PS4 version. But then it shouldn't matter one jot if you get enjoyment from it. You pay to play, not to compare.

Nippy white cup
Definate fish lol

Upto now the 'differences' have been so small they are pretty much un-noticable unless you set one next to another and even then you'd be hard pressed to tell. I doubt anyone could really tell the difference if it wasn't mentioned online.

PC is obviously a different kettle of fish as there is so much scope for increasing the spec of your machine that whatever game comes out people can max the settings and still run 60fps

2014 Focus Titanium
Tbh we've waited for so long anyway, a month or so extra doesn't bother me :p

My friends and I only tend to game in Winter (summer is for golf), so were hoping we'd get it in November and have 4-5 months hammering it. Annoying! Never mind...

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I know they've said you can carry over your character from the 360 to XB1, really hoping I don't still have 3 months in bad sports like I did when I sold it :eek:.

not really happy about spending another 45-50 quid for basically an update, hope i'm still flush on there with my cars and money!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I know they've said you can carry over your character from the 360 to XB1, really hoping I don't still have 3 months in bad sports like I did when I sold it :eek:.
badsport007007 again? We'll have to get some more CS online sessions going when it's launched on XB1.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
g3C6Uxu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/g3C6Uxu.jpg

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
The first person mode seems interesting. Hopefully it's been well thought out and not just a POV change.

It's odd that the game* that may eventually persuade me to get a next gen console - is one I've already got on PS3.

If I'd have turned my PS3 on to play anything in the past couple of months, I'd have probably already picked up a PS4 by now.

* & Far Cry 4..

dk

911 GTS Cab
EPIC, this is going to be EPIC!!!!

Want to pre-order it but don't know which console to order it on, if i was a betting man id say the frame rate and graphics will be better on PS4 from historic releases so far. going to hold out though, I'm away the week its released anyway, so not too much of an issue.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
First person mode looks insane. Be interesting to see how the cover system works with it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
PS4 for me. Not sure how I feel about first person mode, especially when driving. Always found it so much easier driving at speed in third person view. I'll give it a try though.

PC is the hero choice.

I'd love to agree, but historically you're incorrect. PC versions have been horrifically poorly optimised, and I have personally suffered bad licensing issues. To the point where I got a refund from Steam. Something which is no mean feat. I'm happy to be buying this on PS4.

I'd love to agree, but historically you're incorrect. PC versions have been horrifically poorly optimised, and I have personally suffered bad licensing issues. To the point where I got a refund from Steam. Something which is no mean feat. I'm happy to be buying this on PS4.
Did you play GTA4 on the PC? Aside from the obvious lack of optimization at the start (and the game being s**t), the amount of modding you could do and graphics after were insane!

I tried to but couldn't. There was an issue between Rockstar/Steam/Games for Windows Live. No one could provide me with a working key. I tried all the alleged workarounds, followed everything suggested by Rockstar technical support. Nothing worked. In the end I demanded a refund since I had paid for a license key which was invalid. It was a complete farce. I seem to recall the outcome was that the blame lied with Games for Windows Live.

I tried to but couldn't. There was an issue between Rockstar/Steam/Games for Windows Live. No one could provide me with a working key. I tried all the alleged workarounds, followed everything suggested by Rockstar technical support. Nothing worked. In the end I demanded a refund since I had paid for a license key which was invalid. It was a complete farce. I seem to recall the outcome was that the blame lied with Games for Windows Live.
Ahh :(

At least that s**t is pretty much history, not seen any use GFWL recently :).

Did you play GTA4 on the PC? Aside from the obvious lack of optimization at the start (and the game being s**t), the amount of modding you could do and graphics after were insane!
I'm with you on this one. It was such a poor port and really wanted at least 3 cores so folks with high-end dual core machines at the time (me...) were getting s**t on by the cheap AMD triple core machines. Still, once the modding community got ahold of it GTA4 really looked immense. It still does.
Hopefully with it being optimised on the new consoles we should see a good PC port this time.