ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nick172Cup's 3rd! 'TrackCup' Progress Blog.

Civic FN2 Track Car
Nope, not a requirement in MSA for next year as yet. So would rather get as much use with the gear I have before having to upgrade, as its a reasonable expense!

It may not be regulation to have one, but its definetly worth having if you do get in to an accident it could save your life.

Few more bits ordered that I had overlooked, oil catch tank, aerocatches, tow straps plus all the wiring bits/fittings for the cut off switches, certainly adding up! Currently collating a price list of everything that I've got/is required to go racing, pretty darn surprising how much stuff there is and I'm sure I've missed stuff off! Just need to fit it all still!

Also, for those on Facebook I've set up a Failsport Racing page so you can follow my progress etc on there. Its www.facebook.com/FailsportRacing

Nick

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Not good that Nick , I injured my back at work and ended up in A & E not something I want to happen again :dead: mind you the suppositories took my mind off it lol

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
:( Sad Bear.

Truly gutted for you mate, and I hope it mends well. Not something you want to take lightly, and if it means missing a season to get it sorted, it is the right decision, no matter how annoying. X

Not good that Nick , I injured my back at work and ended up in A & E not something I want to happen again :dead: mind you the suppositories took my mind off it lol

No me neither tbh with regards to the back! Going to cost a fortune to sort it all out with chiropractor/posture/strengthening sessions, but in reality you only have one chance with backs so you can't put a price on them!

:( Sad Bear.

Truly gutted for you mate, and I hope it mends well. Not something you want to take lightly, and if it means missing a season to get it sorted, it is the right decision, no matter how annoying. X

Cheers babz, I'll be out there next year that's for sure! It gives me time to tinker with the car more and test in it so every cloud has a silver lining so to speak.

Any excuse to get out of doing ARD's test. ;)

After cancelling it early Monday, went to the chiropractor session in the afternoon and the dude asked was I ready for me test the next day! Bit annoyed as he said not to do anything but at least MSV were good and have let me rebook it within 3 months for no charge so all's not too bad.

Gutted to see this Nick :( hope your back gets better soon! Was really looking forward to seeing how you got on at donny.

Me too mate, love Donny so would have been a great place to do my first race! Hopefully one of the first races next year is at my favourite and most 'happy' to go around track, Brands Hatch. :)

Chronic superwetvaginaitis.

Piss off Benny! X

Ah, nightmare! Does this mean IV is around the corner?

No chance, cars still having bits done to it whilst I'm off, albeit only light stuff mind!

I'll take your car around Donny and do your ARDS nick ;)

I'm sure you would Jamie! ;) Hurry up and get all my spare bits in the shed bought before one of the other new racers has them! ;)

Hopefully do a little update with the car tomorrow if the weathers nice and I can be bothered to get out of bed! :)

Nick

Ards booked for Friday 15th November now that my backs better enough to take the potential pressure of circuit driving, need to have a quick look over the 'Go Racing' pack to familiarise myself with everything again! Lol.

Really need to update what I've done so far to the car and also get on with getting the final couple of parts fitted to finish it off so I can get some track time in and get used to the way the car drives.

Nick

Good point, TrackDriver have a good article this month about the ARDS test, heres the online edition http://ezine.trackdriver.com/TD17/#/38-39/

Good little read, he makes some valid points in that also! Glad that I know most of that so it shouldn't be too much of a shock when I come to do my test.

Would definitely prefer to do my ards in one of my cars rather than the Peugeots I think they use as you're much familiar with something you've driven before, either way I'll be alreet! :)