ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nick172Cup's 3rd! 'TrackCup' Progress Blog.

Morning all, popped up to Manchester yesterday to collect another new Cup from 172CupAdam. To say I was surprised when I turned up to see one of the best built/mint looking Cups I was over the moon, took it for a quick test drive and drove lovely. So proceeded whilst we were out to go to the petrol station to fill it up as I was definietly having it. Ha. Exchanged cash and I was on my 220 mile trip home. Here's a few snaps i've taken today, nothing great but i'll save the good pictures for the track photographers when it sees its first trackday.

IMG_0961_zps9665d09c.jpg

IMG_0960_zps46dbb11b.jpg

IMG_0965_zps2a113f3d.jpg

IMG_0962_zps08e89be6.jpg

IMG_0963_zpsbd7b5fe3.jpg

IMG_0966_zps3a60622d.jpg

IMG_0959_zpsc7b9897e.jpg

Spec of the car -

Body & Chassis:-
Spax RSX coilovers with rear coilover units (used for one trackday and covered less than 1k miles)
Front Brembo HC disc and Carbon Lorraine rc5+ pads
Genuine Renault rear disc and pads
front wheel bearings replaced last year.
New front top mounts
Goodridge braided hoses
Speedline 2118 with Uniroyal Rainsport 2 (no more than a 1000 miles on them)
Fog lights cut out for bigger brake ducts
A few dents on the roof and bonnet and general marks

Engine & transmission:-
Jms V6 Airbox
Magnicore blue ht leads
Yanoo stiff shift kit
Carbon canister and acoustic valve removed
Oreca group n exhaust
BTB 182 cat mod (MOT approved)
Uprated dog bone mount

Interior:-
6 point "Safety devices" roll cage fitted by TM Sports with plates welded to body. MSA regulated.
Fully stripped out interior floors painted Mondial blue all visible cables been wrapped and clipped out neatly
Cobra Imola bucket seats
Cobra extra low subframes.
TRS 4 point harnesses
Sabelt Renault Sport steering wheel

Plans -

Sell Cobra Imolas
Sell boss kit
Sell JMS airbox
Sell Spax coilovers
Sell TRS 4 point harnesses

Fit Sabelt 'Taurus' Clio Cup Racer Wraparound Seat
Fit Sparco ‘Circuit’ Wraparound Seat
Fit OMP 6 point harness (red)
Fit OMP 4 point harness (red)
Fit Odyssey PC680 lightweight dry cell battery with cut off switch on passenger side floor
Fit Vibra-technic solid engine mounts
Fit ITG air filter with 45 degree bend.
Fit Eibach 25mm front spacers
Fit 15mm hub spacers with camber shims
(All these bits frome the old Cup)

Other plans i'd like to do.

FK Konigsports
AST topmounts
NorthloopCups rollcentre kit (when its ready)
Satchshift (when its ready)

Pretty much all suspension/geometry based modifications as modifying the engine for just trackdays is a waste of time in my opinion. Wanted GRP panels to make everything lightweight but again i'd rather spend the money on enjoying it, so unless I get lucky working away and making a few quid I wont be bothering. Always something I can look at in the long term.

This ones a keeper, promise! ;)

Nick

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks lovely, how long will this one stay?

If you sell the Cobra XL frames give me a shout and ill pop down with cash and collect ;)

Looks lovely, how long will this one stay?

If you sell the Cobra XL frames give me a shout and ill pop down with cash and collect ;)

The last one was a bit of a mess bodywork wise so never really clicked with it, though it did have a lot of reall nice mods, some of which will be making there way onto this one to finish the car off.

X-Low subframes are going nowhere matey, been after these for ages! ;)

Subscribed - glad to see you back with another Cup project, Nick!

Cheers Rhys, meant to be saving money atm but this came up at such a good price that it was hard to turn down!

Nick

S1 Rallye Shed
Glad the journey home went ok mate, I never thought anyone would say that about a car I modified, just glad it's gone to a good home am sure you'll have fun in it. Will be looking forward to the up and coming changes.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That looks lovely and quite a spec too! Attention to detail looks brilliant. Enjoy..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm so confused...

You bought this but your selling/breaking your other cup??

​My brain hurts.

That's because he's got some tape on the back of his shoe!! Lol!!

Very nice looking cup you've got there though sailor, er, sorry Nick! :eek:

Indeed. Unforgettable tape fail revealed his inner gay. :)

You f***s. Don't knock it until you tried it! ;)

p.s. Oli, you're on the Failsport Le Mans hit list. X

Excellent stuff Nick, she looks mint.

Cheers Sonny!

I'm so confused...

You bought this but your selling/breaking your other cup??

​My brain hurts.

Lol, quite a few people have said this.

The other cup wasn't very pretty, so now I'm definitely not going racing I'd like a minter one with similar spec. So breaking the old one, keeping a few bits for the new Cup. Kind of makes sense to me, certainly won't be losing out! ;)

There is two other cups I'd like also that have nice parts on them, so might be buying them also if cash works out! ;)

​Nick

330i. E30 Touring.
Lol. The old one is in purgatory there before being sent to it's final resting place.

The other was just passing through as nick was hungry. Lol.

330i. E30 Touring.
You lot f**king crack me up. It's like you can't stop buying Clio's. Must be something in the air down there.

Bloody lovely spec though.

Lol. I'm picking up one on Saturday also to be a cheap daily. ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You lot f**king crack me up. It's like you can't stop buying Clio's. Must be something in the air down there.

Its purely because you can buy one, mess about with it for a few months, get bored, then break it for considerably more than you bought it for in the 1st place. What other car can you do that with consistently? Not including flipping Saxos & 106's lol ...

Keeps us all out of mischief etc.

I give this one 4 months ;)

Progress!

ypusyqa2.jpg

Just need to source another one now.

Unsure what to do yet on the suspension front. I started to want to keep the Spax as they feel lovely, though I think they may be a little too soft for track so definitely going to FK Konigsports now. So I might hold off fitting all the other suspension related stuff sat in the shed.

Nick