ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nicks 172 Cup From The Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182cup & 172 racecar
Too far Nick,I'm about an hour away plus I have got the exhaust off the van as it's blowing:dapprove:,worst comes to the worst I could put the exhaust back on and come up in that.

You going up the M1?

182cup & 172 racecar
Bloody hell,anybody would think you live hundreds of miles away,Hotel!

I'm trying to sweet talk the Bedmonsta into letting me have the car again now,FROSTY atm.

So a bit of an update, will do it over 2 posts as I forgot to right in Donnington!

So me and a few of the other locals took the treck up to Donnington for another trackday, all in all the best circuit i've done to date! So much fun and with it ending up being a perfect day the car was flying and thankfully no hickups! Only thing I did do was get the rears rather hot on the outside edges/shoulders, having put a 1 degree shim already in I thought that would be enough (2.2 degrees of Neg) but after speaking to the chap at PureMotorsport he advised putting at least another 1 degree shim on to cure the problem. So got that ordered up there and then!

Anyways a few pictures...

8K9U0031.jpg

8K9U0068.jpg

8K9U0166.jpg

8K9U0223.jpg

8K9U0555.jpg

8K9U0725.jpg

8K9U1363.jpg

8K9U2081.jpg

8K9U2384.jpg

8K9U2982.jpg

Cheers!

And Part 2 of the update!

Was a little bored so decided to do a bit on the clio. Lost quite a bit of interest in it recently, mainly down to the fact that i've working/staying up in London for the past 6 weeks so when I have been back home i've just been chilling out.

Decided to cut a few things out of both bumpers/remove all the gubbings from behind and fit the camber shims, give me something to do of an afternoon. Anyways a few pictures during and after all back together. :)

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Lots of camber now! ;)

IMG_0029.jpg

Cheers
Nick

Petrol Blue 182.
those wheels new nick? liking them alot! dont want a mk1 do you? fallen out of love a little with it atm! haha

Shed. It needs to find it's way up here at some point next week and I'll make the engine pretty / upgrade the RS2.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Nice pics nick, what camber are you runing on the back - how many shims have you got?

What are you doing with the number plate fitment now you've drilled the holes in the recess?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Looks great Nick. I still maintain your bumper cut out was a moment of genius, really finishes the rear end!

Those pics make me want to get back out on track with you guys!

those wheels new nick? liking them alot! dont want a mk1 do you? fallen out of love a little with it atm! haha

Nah man same wheels that were on the Megane, they are the second set of 2118's though ;) Also whats up with the Clio mate? Not got that engine in there yet?

Nice onions.

Thank you sir!

Shed. It needs to find it's way up here at some point next week and I'll make the engine pretty / upgrade the RS2.

Proper shed aint she! ;) Indeed it shall find its way up there within the week, shall talk to you about it more at footie tomoz!

Nice track pics.
You gonna get the roof sorted or are you not bothered?

Cheers dude, still not sure about the roof as yet. Might see if I can get most of it pulled out and see what it looks like, if it looks alright then i'll keep it.

Nice pics nick, what camber are you runing on the back - how many shims have you got?

What are you doing with the number plate fitment now you've drilled the holes in the recess?

I'm now running 2 x 1degree negative camber shims of each hub, should be given me a total amount of 3-3.5 degrees of camber on the rear.

With regards to the numberplate, not sure to be completely honest! Might get a sticker style one to go on the bonnet or just screw a numberplate over the holes for when its on the road, but we shall see! :) It does look rather good without one completely!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Awww Nick....feeling threatened by my epic 4 pic thread? Don't worry....I won't attempt to steal any of your glory 'limelight'. ;)

And if you are going to turn that heap into lightweight Swiss cheese I'd cut holes out of the metal bits you plum....

Love you xx

Awww Nick....feeling threatened by my epic 4 pic thread? Don't worry....I won't attempt to steal any of your glory 'limelight'. ;)

And if you are going to turn that heap into lightweight Swiss cheese I'd cut holes out of the metal bits you plum....

Love you xx

Lol! Threatened, never! When your quicker than me and can actually take some pictures i'll be a little threatened ;)

When rollcage fundage is made available then she'll become swiss cheese on the metal department ;)

Love you more! xxx

Petrol Blue 182.
Nah man same wheels that were on the Megane, they are the second set of 2118's though ;) Also whats up with the Clio mate? Not got that engine in there yet?

no not yet, its just been a massive pain in the arse! not seen the car for two weeks! lol

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I'm just waiting for Nick to be pushing Toms (Hi Ollie ;)) 'Race Car' around the track when they are testing :)

Golf GTD Mk7
Lol oi you lot of bitches! Get out of my thread with your spam and do it in the 'Tom and Ollies' race car thread ;)

Tbf with the way things are going with the Cup Ollie, I might brave it and get a race license :)

Lol. Tom and Ollie getting abuse in 3 different threads.

Race license all the way Nick ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Lol. Tom and Ollie getting abuse in 3 different threads.

Race license all the way Nick ;)

The abuse is the result of fear.....fear that we will have a fully functioning race car and be 60 quid up in 4 weeks time.
It WILL happen ladies. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.