ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Silvia spec R

Ph2 Meg 225
Finally got the s15 after months of patiently waiting (5 months to be precise from purchasing on Japanese auctions)

Picked the car up last Saturday, gave it a clean went for some photos with a mate and his dc5

B5275C25-EF58-4BC2-8BF7-C5CEEB813053.jpeg

4BBB3C84-7195-43BE-94BE-7D70D8C2234A.jpeg

Ph2 Meg 225
Wow. That's stunning! Dc5 is lovely too!!

Great photos mate. Who did you use for import?

Cheers mate, i got it through bhp imports, torque gt was too far for me to consider.

Awesome.

What sort of cost difference is there to buying one here?

It’s probably slightly more expensive having one imported as opposed to buying one over here.

The trouble with s15s In the uk is they don’t come up for sale too often and when they do they are all abused examples or have an aftermarket body kit on which really doesn’t suit them in my opinion.

I wanted mine to be standard body wise as they are a great looking car without bolt on arches etc

Prices are creeping up now too and will keep doing once the Americans are able to import them :)

Ph2 Meg 225
Like that a lot !!

Not sure on the wheels, but otherwise properly nice !

Cheers mate! I wasn’t a fan of the wheels in photos to be fair but they look alright in person, will eventually be swapping to either oz rpf1’s or volks te37

Never seen one on the roads. Very nice mate

Thanks! Partly why I went for an s15 to be fair. Was looking at Imprezas and evos but wanted something you don’t see every day

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Looks so good in white, nice catch. Funny about the above is I definitely see more S15s than I do Evos on the road :D. Also that exhaust is perfect.

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks so good in white, nice catch. Funny about the above is I definitely see more S15s than I do Evos on the road :D. Also that exhaust is perfect.

White was a must for me! It depends on the area I think as I’ve only ever seen one on the road near me but I believe there’s a few floating around essex.

That's very nice mate. How's it drive compared to the Mégane?

Cheers Paul! Completely different if I’m honest, the megane is a lot more refined (believe it or not!) where as the s15 is more raw and feels more engaging to drive.

Not really thrown it at any corners yet like I would with the megane as I’m still getting used to rwd.

Keeping the megane for now and doing track days in it so I’ve got the best of both

Will have to take you out in it sometime mate

That looks nice what power are they/ map to sensibly.?
Good luck with it.

250bhp standard, I’ve not looked into it too much but I believe usual mods intercooler, injectors, exhaust etc can take them to around 285 without a Remap, after that I’ve heard they need a standalone ecu with a remap, to achieve 350hp not sure how true that is though

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I thought you sold the Meg ages ago. Jammy bugger being able to hang onto it as well!
I guess we need to organise a Yorkshire drive out soni can take you up on that offer. We could always meet down cortonwood one Sunday and try to not get arrested with the chavs?.

Ph2 Meg 225
I thought you sold the Meg ages ago. Jammy bugger being able to hang onto it as well!
I guess we need to organise a Yorkshire drive out soni can take you up on that offer. We could always meet down cortonwood one Sunday and try to not get arrested with the chavs?.

Nope still got it haha! I don’t want to sell it if I’m honest, it’s a great car and I’ve grown quite fond of it. Looks great on track too ?

I’ll probably do a few more track days in it then sell late summer I think!

Sounds good to me or another karting meet. Has Renaultvirgin stepped down from the rep status?

Rumour has it you can only go to Cortonwood if you drive a fiesta st with pops and bangs?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Nope still got it haha! I don’t want to sell it if I’m honest, it’s a great car and I’ve grown quite fond of it. Looks great on track too ?
View attachment 1418153

I’ll probably do a few more track days in it then sell late summer I think!

Sounds good to me or another karting meet. Has Renaultvirgin stepped down from the rep status?

Rumour has it you can only go to Cortonwood if you drive a fiesta st with pops and bangs?
Yeah the Virgin needs sacking now he's bought a skoda and broken it ?.
That rumour is wrong. Follow SYP Operations on Facebook, they report on the traffic infringements at cortonwood every Monday. They nabbed a new i30N and a Sierra cosworth the other week!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
That looks nice what power are they/ map to sensibly.?

250bhp standard, I’ve not looked into it too much but I believe usual mods intercooler, injectors, exhaust etc can take them to around 285 without a Remap, after that I’ve heard they need a standalone ecu with a remap, to achieve 350hp not sure how true that is though

Absolutely do not put larger injectors on it without a remap, you'll ruin the engine.

Stock turbo on them is good for a touch over 300bhp ish, maybe 330 with a decent tune and all the supporting mods, 350bhp is probably pushign the turbo well past its safe limits and you risk grenading the engine.
Stock injectors should be ok for that power, you'll want a FMIC, is the exhaust a cat-back system or the full lot?
You may need an AFM, I can't remember if the S15 one is any good, going for a Nistune board you can probably run an R35 type one, much cheaper than the old 300ZX items people use.

Nistune is available so you don't need full standalone, £270 plus mapping which is decent value.

Engines are pretty robust, sling a larger turbo on it and they'll happily take 400bhp, even more if the torque isn't mental.

Last edited:
These a few of these around my way. As above the standard turbo is good for 330bhp max safely. They're a BB version of the T28 which comes on the earlier models.

Are Horsham developments still going? if so they were the ones to speak to back in the day.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea Jez is still around, although there's some properly decent tuners scattered around the country so it depends on where the OP is located.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Love it.

How was the whole process from start to end in buying it? Straight-forward enough or niggling problems along the way?

Is this your first in-Japan purchase or have you done it a few times before?

Ph2 Meg 225
Absolutely do not put larger injectors on it without a remap, you'll ruin the engine.

Stock turbo on them is good for a touch over 300bhp ish, maybe 330 with a decent tune and all the supporting mods, 350bhp is probably pushign the turbo well past its safe limits and you risk grenading the engine.
Stock injectors should be ok for that power, you'll want a FMIC, is the exhaust a cat-back system or the full lot?
You may need an AFM, I can't remember if the S15 one is any good, going for a Nistune board you can probably run an R35 type one, much cheaper than the old 300ZX items people use.

Nistune is available so you don't need full standalone, £270 plus mapping which is decent value.

Engines are pretty robust, sling a larger turbo on it and they'll happily take 400bhp, even more if the torque isn't mental.

Cheers for the info mate, obviously didn’t read what I’d put as I know injectors shouldnt be fitted before a map due to it altering the afr.

You’ve given me more info than what I’ve found on the Facebook page Upto now! It’s a long way off before hunting for power as I want to get it pristine and change wheels etc before anything else.

These a few of these around my way. As above the standard turbo is good for 330bhp max safely. They're a BB version of the T28 which comes on the earlier models.

Are Horsham developments still going? if so they were the ones to speak to back in the day.

They are going but I’ve seen a few people saying not to use them, could just be the usual opinions mind between who’s better at mapping like it is with rs tuning or efi on clio pages.

Love it.

How was the whole process from start to end in buying it? Straight-forward enough or niggling problems along the way?

Is this your first in-Japan purchase or have you done it a few times before?

Cheers Darren

It is indeed my first Japanese import and also my first jap car.

In regards with the process I wanted to pull the plug on it at one point. Started off great, but gradually got worse.

I was told that from purchase date to driving away is usually 10-12 weeks. In total it was 21 weeks for me due to various things (some out of their hands in fairness) so my patience was wearing thin towards the end.

Gave them the aero spoiler to fit whilst it was at the bodyshop as it had a ductail before fitted appallingly so had to be removed and bootlid painted.

Gave them pictures of where to drill holes etc and a guide but wasn’t passed on to the bodyshop so the spoiler got fitted in the completely wrong place, (the bottom of the spoiler over hung the bootlid!) so that had to be repainted again

Few other little bits with communication which on a whole ruined the experience For me. Glad I’ve got it now though and can finally enjoy it

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You’ve given me more info than what I’ve found on the Facebook page Upto now!

They are going but I’ve seen a few people saying not to use them,

This is exactly why you avoid Facebook, the sort advice that gets passed around on there is utterly toxic and complete rubbish.
SXOC and Driftworks has a wealth of information, there aren't many users but those that do stick around can really help.

Beautiful car congrats! One of my all time favourite cars would love to own one! Followed [emoji4]

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Ph2 Meg 225
Went out at the weekend with a mate and took a few shots of the cars.

Lowered it another 15mm to reduce the gap between the arches and the 18s, sits much better now.

Done a few minor touches to the exterior,
-refitted the rear badges and in the correct locations
-replaced the pink wheel nuts and dust caps with new rays black ones and locking nuts
-Restored the headlights.

Currently concentrating on the interior as to be expected with an 18year old car it’s tired and scratched in places. A lot of new items can still be bought from Nissan in Japan so giving it a complete refresh.

Upto now it’s had
-new genuine shift knob
-new vertex shift boot
-new genuine rear view mirror
-carpet burns repaired
-All the awful tweeters and various other rubbish stuck to the dash removed.

Still to fit
-new centre console unit
-new centre console box lid
-new dash radio surround panel

Anyway a few pictures

B74861E6-B5BD-42D3-A6BE-367E5AE3962C.jpeg

9229FE44-A735-4ED9-9B23-952A989AB9AA.jpeg

B136B3DC-A7A8-4F7E-BF7A-FA8BCE6409C8.jpeg

B8F9009D-4AFC-4C25-8D59-66E1619B6999.jpeg

B890F9CC-A78F-4CFF-9979-4A7C2ED6733F.jpeg

22FCB83A-E776-4AE5-8071-E2E17F8B7F2B.jpeg

27174629-73BB-401D-A6BC-F48C05D3D895.jpeg

6958B510-9148-4F71-A85D-84685F1DE70A.jpeg

87E8976B-46A9-45AB-B027-5A0014E3F9A2.jpeg

4D0A45EB-583F-4418-A1CB-3EF639EA20B7.jpeg

Ph2 Meg 225
Would love one of these, they look amazing IMHO.

Definitely needs a splitter on the front

Not too fussed about splitters if I’m honest although that could be the fact that they’re a not many good ones.

When a set become available I will be fitting some factory option aero side skirts same as the ones below which should finish the bodywork off nicely

58C9B3E0-E558-4F30-B6F8-D3D4DA8EF9C9.jpeg

D95A0AB8-23F9-4FCC-8D9A-9558DFB4567A.jpeg

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
That looks super clean! Like you say so many in the UK have been abused and generally look awful. What grade/interior grade was it if you don't mind me asking?

Ph2 Meg 225
That looks super clean! Like you say so many in the UK have been abused and generally look awful. What grade/interior grade was it if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! It was listed as a grade r due to the front wings being replaced. otherwise the exterior is immaculate with just a mark on the roof.

Interior was graded a c Due to plastics being scuffed but I’m replacing all the scratched items with brand new ones from Nissan so a lot of the interior will be brand new soon

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Centre console looks alrite?

Save the cash and sling one of the new G-series Garretts on there.

Ph2 Meg 225
Centre console looks alrite?

Save the cash and sling one of the new G-series Garretts on there.

Looks ok in the pictures but in person it’s f****d. Covered in scratches, and is cracked near gear stick surround, screwdriver marks from being prized off etc!

It’s currently being made to order by Nissan so should have it soon, engine mods will come in due course but will be giving the brakes abit of an overhaul this winter.

Recently ordered some project mu braided lines, callipers will be getting stripped, powdercoated and new seals as I’m wanting to keep it fairly original for now.

Already has project mu grooved front discs and project mu pads front and rear so should be a fairly good set up with the lines and new fluid

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Stock calipers are the iron ones like on the S14 ?
You can upgrade to Ali calipers from a Z32 TT or Ali calipers with larger discs from a Skyline GTS-T.

Keeps it fairly original (still Nissan stuff) but there is a fair weight difference between the Iron and ali units.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks good - miss mine sometimes.

Did the exhaust come with it from Japan? My old Kakimoto system I imported has had a few owners now here in the UK.