ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No grip..

Anyone finding in these greasy conditions there spinning up everywhere ? First time ive seen the TC light flashing round corners for a long time.

How are you PE2 users doing ? Spinning up the same ? im still trying to justify why the hell i bought pzero's, cant really find any good revues on them either :S

Exaltos did spin off a roundabout in second the other day, but never saw the TC light, but I hear its the laziest TC system ever invented anyway lol

320d
Lol I have no problems with spinning up other than in 1st in heavey rain or frost and thats on budgets.

The way to avoid it is less power its the future...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Mine is terrible in the cold/wet now mate, suppose Paradas arent rated for it but recently it's been like driving on oil, had it spinning into 4th yesterday morning!

Dodgy one
Nearly lost the back end on a roundabout the other day noticed a lot more understeer recently too, Roads were damp though and it hasnt rained in a while up here

BMW M135i
Not a great deal of point in trying to press on in these conditions tbh. Waste of time and it tends to end badly.

I got some new toyo's not too long ago (think proxies but not sure, about £65 a tyre) and they are really rather shite, steering feels really light alot like I dont have much friction with the road.

ST
Alot of people say the wheels spin in 4th & 5th... You must be really gunning it.

Knowsit..

Tho you should see my R27 when i get it well out of shape on my local back roads..plant it coming out of corners...mid range spin into 3rd nae hassle..

Clio Sport 182
I so nearly lost it in a roundabout the other morning, no cars on the road though or I wouldn't have been foolin around. It was raining, traction control off and I was in second :eek: Got her back though about a foot from the kerb. I always think a wee scare once in a while wises you up although testing this ain't the best idea.

black ph2 172
avon zv5's on mine spin in second when on roundabouts or turning junction and in 1st at about 5k but other then that not too bad, roads are greasy as hell though.

182 Trophy (#27/500)
ahahahaha!!! all you chumps with TC. get a proper car!!! ill join the TC crew on saturday for the record

Fiesta ST2
same here and im in a 1.2 tce! it spins up in 2nd on the strights and 3rd round corners and im on 100 quid a shot mich pilots :(

09 GIXXER 750!!!
I had to go for a cheapy premium tyres. Mentor I think they are called. Really grippy in all conditions not had any problems......!!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I am about to buy some new tyres and got a good deal on some P P Zero's four fitted and balanced for £300. Did notice some ppl didn't rate them before I commit what are other peoples opinions? I would like PE2's but don't want to stretch that far...

alien green rs133
i only got 60 horses and 93 torques and im still lighting up the tyres :eek:

i find eagle f1's are slightly unpridictable, unlike my a539's :(

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I am about to buy some new tyres and got a good deal on some P P Zero's four fitted and balanced for £300. Did notice some ppl didn't rate them before I commit what are other peoples opinions? I would like PE2's but don't want to stretch that far...
Never used any of the 'highly rated' options on here as I've always felt that they are vastly over priced & over rated.

I really liked my A539's so, after a number of excellent reviews, I went for the replacement Yokohama S-Drive's.

They're excellent in both the wet and dry and are only halfway down after 14000 hard miles.

Not sure what size you run but there are 4x195/45/15's for £170 delivered here:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=s-drive+15

BMW E46 330i Touring
I honestly don't know how people spin up so much in their 1*2's! I only ever spin in first a bit if I'm purposefully gunning it when pulling away.

Even in the Cup with no TC in these weather conditions, I find it quite easy to pull away and then floor it without spinning the front wheels.

Maybe it's just me...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
adapt your driving for the weather conditions... simple really.

+1 it sounds like people are still driving like its f**king summer.
spinning in fourth theres just no need on greasy/busy roads this time of
year! maybe instead of fancy tyres some advanced driving lessons wouldnt go a miss.

not aimed at g4z he only drives in 1st gear.