ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No More touch up Paint? 172 Cup????

172 Cup
Couple of little stone chips on the bonnet so decided to get some touch up paint.
Ordered some through Renault a couple of days back only to phone up today and be told its been discontinued. They said there going to contact head office to find out why.
Surley this cant be right can it? Anyone got any recently? Its the Mondial Blue.....
Cheers

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
got one in the shed i no longer need! comes in two little pots. 1 of colour and 1 of laquer

172 cup
i got one a few months ago. Every now and again the companys supersede the part number. And untill they have all the new labels printed etc they dont make any more. Give it two weeks and would think they will be sorted again

172 Cup
Update..
Just spoke to Renault again and they are saying they have checked and no longer make this paint!!!!!! There trying to find out why. Ill let you know when they call back..

Any decent accident repair suppliers will be able to mix paint to suit. There's some that even do on-line ordering for touch up paint.

Cheers
M

PH1 iceburg
I thought car companies had to continue making things for cars for a certain period of time

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
brun on here works for renault. im sure he will know. imo i think there telling porkies

182 FF
Go halfrauds, they have it in the touch up kit, or mix you a can......

or as the others say any body shop will mix it and it'll be cheaper, just look 4 a trade shop in the directory near you

Fiesta ST2
I bought a touch up paint for a mk3 2008 perl black from halfords - was piss poor quality and the match was about 500 shades off! the flecks in the paint where also 10 times the size.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Never bought any matched colour from Halfords myself , but personally i'd steer clear from what i've read about their colour matching .

I go to a local motor factors whos colour matching has always been spot on , cheaper than Halfords and larger size aerosols :

172 Cup
I Still havent heard back from Renault ill give them another buzz at lunch find out whats going on...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I Still havent heard back from Renault ill give them another buzz at lunch find out whats going on...

I'd give Renault a miss . Especially if your after the little touch up sticks as they call them . The paint seems to be a little thick imo .

Get yourself an aersol mixed up at a local motor factors , it'll be around the same price as the Renault paint but you'll get hell of alot more paint for your money . Spray a little in the lid of the aerosol and use a c0cktail stick , follow the guide below :

http://www.autopia.org/publish/articles/26/1/--Repairing-Paint-Chips-amp-Scratches/Page1.html

Barge
Couple of little stone chips on the bonnet so decided to get some touch up paint.
Ordered some through Renault a couple of days back only to phone up today and be told its been discontinued. They said there going to contact head office to find out why.
Surley this cant be right can it? Anyone got any recently? Its the Mondial Blue.....
Cheers

my mate bought some in december. halfords will mix it for you to the exact colour. the number is on your driver side door sticker i think its D43... IIRC

Barge
halfrauds mate, my friend got it from there and it's an exact match... i told you the paint code a couple of posts back. just get a tin knocked up and ask them to put some of the paint in a special touch up pen. :approve: