ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-boomy Clio 182 exhuast help [pwease]

Yes I have done some searching but would like some specific opinions. So, if you're about to suggest the search, get out of my thread and go f**k yourself ;)

The exhaust on my shed is all set to fall off. The back boxes are rattling, the LH pipe has dropped, and it's boomy on the motorway. Driving back through Belgium yesterday, it was doing my f**king swede in.

So anyway, obviously I need a new one (cat-back). I don't like the boomy 'look how powerful my car isn't' effect. I'd prefer a fruity, raspy metalic note that comes alive at high revs but isn't boomy on the motorway or over run. Any thoughts from like minded people? Also I presume I may as well order a new set of mounts/hangers? I'd probably fit it myself or get my local tyre place to do it but, stock is important, as replacing it is urgent. Whatever I get, I need to order it today from somewhere with stock. Budget isn't a major concern.

Any and all suggestions welcome and invited.

Danke.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Janspeed. Rasp a plenty. I had a Trophy with one on and it sounded lush!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I thought the yozza was more raspy than boomy although quite loud.

I love the milltek sound tbh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Although to be fair that had a decat and a remap so I'm sure it would be even quieter on yours.

They also do a 'super sport' that has no centre box and is cheaper. I'm thinking the one with the centre box is the best bet. I don't really want loud noise, just a good one when I am on it. How much is the standard Renault system? Probably more.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Janspeed imo, leave the cat in, my experience of milltek is they are a very poor fit, although nice sounding!!

Nimbus Megane R26
miltek. lovely fit on mine and not boomy at all..and certainly sounds oem when not giving it some.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I quite like the RS192 scorpion zorst that's on mine :) nice sound not too loud either. My 2 pence wurth.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
YOzzasport has the best rasp. It isnt too boomy but it is quite loud!!

I've been thinking the same, and listened to Darren S's Janspeed last week. He got the normal janspeed, not the quiet one, but its still quiet enough and sounds nice imo.

Going to be ordering one in a couple of weeks.

Cheers for all your input. I'm all set to order the Janspeed 'super sport' (non-centre silenced) and a full set of mounts. I just need to definitely decide between the two versions. Could swing either way at the moment. I guess at least the non-silenced is cheaper :)

ITB'd MK1
I have a piper system on my 172,very impressed with it I have to say but they don't seem popular at all on here :dapprove:

the piper 172 system is louder than the 182 one by some margin. They're excellent quality Systems but not so well known on clios, so they're vastly overlooked. I'll be getting one when i manage to find a ph1

Well. I ordered the Janspeed without centre silencer. Can't wait to get it now, although I don't expect to see it this week. I'll update the thread with my thoughts, in the interests of future searches.

Thanks for all the input.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So you only have one silencer??

I'm a bit confuzzled as to what you've ordered mate.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So does that mean you've ordered a rear box on its own?

Or does it mean you ordered a full cat-back system but with no centre section??

(I'm genuinely interested btw!!)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You are not clear enough, dumbass! ;)

I was unaware you could spec them like that. I need a system for the mk1 and the centre section you have ordered sounds perfect! Cheers mate.

You are not clear enough, dumbass! ;)

I was unaware you could spec them like that. I need a system for the mk1 and the centre section you have ordered sounds perfect! Cheers mate.

Ha ha. Fair play. Although I did kind of explain it in the thread IMO.

It was a tough call TBH. Some say the standard one is almost OEM, noise wise, but I still want it to sound really nice when gunning it. I'm hoping the version I ordered is also not boomy on the motorway. In which case I think it'll be the ideal compromise :)

Mini JCW
the piper 172 system is louder than the 182 one by some margin. They're excellent quality Systems but not so well known on clios, so they're vastly overlooked. I'll be getting one when i manage to find a ph1

Yeah they are pretty throaty, the silenced decat made little or no difference though :S

Good choice on system Roy - let us know your thoughts once fitted!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I didn't read the entire thread. I don't find you that interesting if i'm being completely honest. ;)

I've had a Trophy with a Janspeed and a decat and It sounded lovely! Really impressed with it. Milltek/Ktec/powerflow etc are all just too boomy for me. 70mph and I can't hear the voices in my head!