ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOS insurance help!!

hi all hows life? i need advice on gettin me 16v clio insured with nos. so far im payin £504 for a 92 spec valver with cams, full exhaust with 4 brancher, chip & induction kit. company im with cant insure nos and same goes for most other companies iv tried. adrain flux said they can as long as i get the kit fitted by an approved dealer which aint a problem. thing is they want £3400!! and i cant even have it connected while on public roads, just on track days for which im not covered!! any suggestions please folks??

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

How old are you if 21 or over the cliosport insurers (Greenlight) are supposed to be good for mods (nitrous,roll cages etc).

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

bizzare. get ur test passed then! cant be good crusin wi ya mam in the passenger and the Ls on ;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

So you want to get insured on a valver with nitrous before youve passed your test?? Im surprised your quote was only 3 grand! Get your test passed before you start on the Nos!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

talk about trying to run before u can walk. A leaner driver in a valver with nos sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

well, I dunno why you aint got your licence (Maybe you lost it for something earlier in life??) but come on man, get real for a sec, you own a valver, youve installed a N2O system (Is it really a NOS system??) and you expect ANYONE to seriously touch you on insurance???

Mo, dont even start.......

its not illegal, never has been, end of, I really hate people stating that one.

<sigh> oh well, back to the world of dreams....

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 24 April 2004

Mo, dont even start.......

its not illegal, never has been, end of, I really hate people stating that one.

<sigh> oh well, back to the world of dreams....

roamer, thanks for the truth...

i always thought it was illigal as evryone i spoke to about it told me it was.

*Type_Mo learned something new 2day - Woohoo*

Quote: Originally posted by Type_Mo on 24 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 24 April 2004

i always thought it was illigal as evryone i spoke to about it told me it was.
Its not illegal if you display the relevant warning stickers relating to compressed gas etc

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Apparantly you dont even have to display the stickers, I read it somewhere wizards of nos site I think.

yeah iv never bothered passin me test, never been arsed really. the valver is a smart enuff motor that i use daily. it had nos before but i blew it up hence the new engine etc. most people reckon its a fake valver cos of the L plates!

all me mates r usually out with me anyway so at least it stops me bein a loner!! it was a bit rough when i bought the car 2 yr ago & its just worn away. altho i guess the nos didnt help much!! nevermind new lump is in & runnin sweet. wot a difference in power!

let me get this right without going into details- you drive this car illegally and have been doing so for 2 years?

dont flame me if im wrong just want to get the facts

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

not illegally, he got learner insurance and has Ls on but can only drive if his mate who is over 21 is with him and has a full license!

why not just get teh feker passed? go on a 2 week crash course or summat!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Have a release mechanism to remove the bottle if anything happens. Lob it in the nearest bush should worst come to worst.

Surely they cant complain if you have the plumbing but no gas - if they do, say its just for track days, which they dont cover you for!

Hence it shouldnt concern them.

I know in a real world this may not work but anythings worth a try!

1.6 16v i do drive legally as a learner driver!

matt16v i already asked em bout just havin the injectors plumbed in but not no bottle connected & they argued that if any prt of the system is in then itl be void.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 01 May 2004

Have a release mechanism to remove the bottle if anything happens. Lob it in the nearest bush should worst come to worst.

Surely they cant complain if you have the plumbing but no gas - if they do, say its just for track days, which they dont cover you for!

Hence it shouldnt concern them.

I know in a real world this may not work but anythings worth a try!

Hmmmmm............You crash, get knocked out, put in intensive care, insurance inspector sees your car fully N2Od, insurance void, you pay out big bucks for dead woman and 2 kids, serve 20 yrs in Prison and get butt f**ked big styleeeeeee

Worth it:confused: