ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nosiey Brembo Calipers with Ferodo Pads

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody able to help me with this problem please, since ive fitted the Megane 225/230 brembos on mine the brakes when warmed up squeal so loudly. Not like on standard calipers, the'yre ridiculously loud.

Stripped them apart after bedding them in (around 4 high speed stops followed by cooling then medium speed stops), regreased the sides lightly where they sit in the caliper and still as noisey when warmed up.

Took a bit off the sides of the backing plate as per standard calipers with trackday pads but still same tbh.

Ran without the rattle shims and made no real difference.

Only thing i notice is that the outside pad is always a little bit tighter to pull out than the inside pad (same on both sides but the pistons are fully back (few mm protruding but same on both sides of caliper)

Fine when cold so guessing it's expansion.

Brakes seem to work just fine its just the noise.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What ferrodo pads are you using? I have the same calipers and run Ferrodo DS2500 and they are silent. I do use this kit though and I see it recommended a lot. for the price its well worth a go. Make sure you clean the calipers and any copper grease that is on the pads before sticking the pad to them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mintex-Ce...queal-Shims-/121668080030?hash=item1c53fb919e

@Cub. has the same calipers but cant remember what pads he uses (think its ds1.1's) and he also has the anti squeel kit above and they still squeel a lot. I think its to do with the brake pads, the racing ones will squeel.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
What ferrodo pads are you using? I have the same calipers and run Ferrodo DS2500 and they are silent. I do use this kit though and I see it recommended a lot. for the price its well worth a go. Make sure you clean the calipers and any copper grease that is on the pads before sticking the pad to them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mintex-Ce...queal-Shims-/121668080030?hash=item1c53fb919e

@Cub. has the same calipers but cant remember what pads he uses (think its ds1.1's) and he also has the anti squeel kit above and they still squeel a lot. I think its to do with the brake pads, the racing ones will squeel.

Gus is bang on - what pads do you have?

I'm running the ds1.11s with my Meg Brembo's and because of the reduced weight of the clio I can never get them hot enough on the road to stop them squealing. They squeal horrifically.

But, when on track, worked hard and warmed up they offer brilliant stopping power and don't squeal at all.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
@Cub. @optical
Sorry guys have got ds1.11's fitted.

Thats sounds exactly like mine @CUB they stop well enough it's just the noise. Are yours quiet initially when cold too until they start heating up slightly?

Ordered the above kit you mentioned @optical, was using the cera-tec stuff assuming the pads are double sided tape essentially?

Thanks guys, hopefully nothing to worry about by sounds of it, MOT Monday and cars decided it would like to throw half a dozen faults at me Friday. Slight Stuttering at between 1500-2000rpm to sort now.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@Cub. @optical
Sorry guys have got ds1.11's fitted.

Thats sounds exactly like mine @CUB they stop well enough it's just the noise. Are yours quiet initially when cold too until they start heating up slightly?

Ordered the above kit you mentioned @optical, was using the cera-tec stuff assuming the pads are double sided tape essentially?

Thanks guys, hopefully nothing to worry about by sounds of it, MOT Monday and cars decided it would like to throw half a dozen faults at me Friday. Slight Stuttering at between 1500-2000rpm to sort now.

Yep, when they are cold they don't make any noise. 5 mins in, slightly warm and they squeal. Badly. Stay like that on the road as you can't get more heat in them unless you're a lunatic.

On track. Brilliant pads. No squealing.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, when they are cold they don't make any noise. 5 mins in, slightly warm and they squeal. Badly. Stay like that on the road as you can't get more heat in them unless you're a lunatic.

On track. Brilliant pads. No squealing.

Thanks @Cub. Will be used on track mainly so not a problem and if I get loads of dirty looks times I drive on road I might get another set of standard ferodos to pop on there.

Thanks for all the help guys.