ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o/s Main beam and Xenon not working.

RB 182
Evening Gents!

First post here but I'll introduce myself in another thread somwhere!

Right I have just bought the 04 182 from a Renault dealer. Before I go and give my car up for someone to have a look at this weekend I was just thinking if there was a simple explanation for this or if this was a common fault? The lights were working fine yesterday but for both of them to go off?

Symptoms are:

*Auto Lights not working
*o/s xenon not working
*o/s full beam not working
*When switching on full beam the left indicator stays solid on

Sounds like a dodgy connection to me or the unit itself?

If anyone could shed some lights (pun not intended) on this I would be very grateful :)

Best regards,

-Dave

2007 clio dynamique
If i were you i would check if all the connections were ok eg not damaged due to water in them also someone correct me if i am wrong but the indicator issue sounds like a ground problem

RB 182
** Update **

Searched for Autolights problem -

Tried the click-the-sidelights-twice-untill-you-hear-a-beep technique just then and worked a treat!

Xenon and Full beam still not working though. The Xenon flashes then just turns itself off, am i right in thinking this could be the ballast that needs replacing?!

RB 182
If i were you i would check if all the connections were ok eg not damaged due to water in them also someone correct me if i am wrong but the indicator issue sounds like a ground problem

Thanks for the reply!

I have checked the connections and they all seem alright. Ill have a proper look at them tomorrow afternoon to see if i can spy anything that looks out of place.

In regards to the Indicator; my friend told me he had a BMW which did this when there was a headlight out as a safety feature.. Could it be the same principal?