ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE04UYN - RB FF 182 (ex The Boosh's Motor)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
made some progress today, fitted my flocked parts to tidy up the tired old door furniture

also fitted the C/F clock surround and taxed her, so back on the road tomorrow....provided I get a couple more coats of wax on it and seal up the wheels fully!

then pics and vids hopefully, out in the wild! :)

so first off, I already had carbon fibre door handles so they needed stripping to fit to the new flocked backing plates:

new handle with flocking

IMG_6781_zps46569551.jpg

old handle with c/f

IMG_6782_zpsbd6ee179.jpg

and dismantled

IMG_6783_zps1df34c86.jpg

finished article

IMG_6785_zps42afe137.jpg

and fitted along with door pull/switch bits

IMG_6963_zps7f640cdc.jpg

IMG_6962_zps6924b116.jpg

dash surgery!

IMG_6961_zpsf2e86c3e.jpg

the switcheroo part 1

IMG_6960_zpsbe4c91c5.jpg

the switcheroo part 2

IMG_6964_zps87c89366.jpg

and poor last pic all fitted as its dark out like!!lol!

IMG_6968_zpsbc8844a4.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I bought the flocked parts from classifieds chap, but any flocking place worth their salt should be able to do it

the handles are simple to dismantle, just pop the spring off the back carefully and then lever/pull the white plastic hinge out to release the handle itself from the front. reverse process to refit ensuring the hinge is aligned properly

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I f**king love what you've done with this. Williams wheels have always been my favourite for a mk2 because they're so under used and understated, only criticism is that they'd look 100x better with a silver polished lip, to just give a nod to the original.

The flocked bits look SUPERB too. Cracking work. A car I'd actually buy quite happily, so give me a nod when you sell and I'll let you know if I'm on the lookout for another RS.

From your latest pics you need to straighten that exhaust out though! Get out there with some cable ties man!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Cheers Rob, it's almost exactly how I want it now, going to flock door speaker grills and toying with maybe doing top dash too but undecided at the mo.

front needs a respray as well as its looking bit tired.

the Wheels I was going to have the lip done but the body shop doesn't have the equipment do it, and hand polish would of been too pricey. I may have it done over the winter as I sort of envisaged it for them from the start.

Zorst is on the list to fully sort, it's being bit of a pain due to mod to expose the tips from under the rear bumper!

Range Rover Sport
Really enjoyed reading that start to finish.

Good progress and is an inspiration for a new member to the 'Clio Sport Life'.

Great stuff.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
not updated this for a bit, the misfire was another dicky injector, so grabbed another out the bucket in the shed and sorted

I have since fitted standard exhaust and sold the Janspeed..........then swapped the standard for an RS192 which is on now

I have also boshed a CDA BMC on it for a giggle, feels slow as hell now but makes a right giggle of a bwarp

and the cars on winter standard 182 cup wheels (all be is the bargain refurbed ones bought off the classified on here that I feel a bit guilty about using as winter rims!lol!)

got a couple more bits coming too, snappy wheel and alacantara a pillar trims

started collecting for the big service next year as well, got cambelt kit, aux belt kit, seals, new alternator and few other bits in place. just need dephaser, water pump and clutch and sorted :)

pics to follow but I warn you, cars ditched as not been washed in a while and its always raining or dark so its a pain to get them!lol!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
grotty need a wash pictures in winter spec and of the RS192 as promised :)

DSC_4416_zpsad9c25f9.jpg

DSC_4410_zps7179d211.jpg

DSC_4411_zpsbcc67ad8.jpg

DSC_4412_zps0a78caaf.jpg

and engine bay with the useless CDA, lol!

DSC_4262_zps9e75483f.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai I know, its terrible for performance but winter bwarp is a giggle :) and tbh (goes to whisper) 182's are a bit slow anyway aren't they ;)

and no, its my car, stop trying to steal it ;) although knowing me I'll do the major service next year, re-spray the front end then think, mmmm done, time to sell!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai I did like the turinis but such a nightmare to look after on a daily so I don't think i'll ever have white wheels on it again!lol!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
A pillars landed today, along with a royal mail missed delivery....mmm what could that be :)

DSC_4418_zpsa3ae1911.jpg

DSC_4419_zps10e5038b.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I over took the following car on the M25 today.

5 Door Clio 2.

OE04 UYJ.

Couldn't believe it!!!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lol, weird luke but a nice spot :)

and cheers Iain, all about the little touches to add to the look imo :)

snappy to fit now too!

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/coopahstar/media/The%20RB%20FF/DSC_4427_zpsd09e9429.jpg.html"]
DSC_4427_zpsd09e9429.jpg
[/URL]

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
okay, snappy fitted with marmite

and also ripped off the BMC and refitted standard airbox with samco elbow in blue :) imo looks and goes 100% better :)

also painted up manky bits to tidy the bay up and for a daily, happy now I think!

DSC_4438_zps6a72895a.jpg

DSC_4441_zps22ec0983.jpg

DSC_4442_zps35da3dfa.jpg

DSC_4443_zpsb8c3d9c1.jpg

cheers

Ben

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looks tidy, steering wheel looks better than I thought it would with the carbon inserts.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Right, not been update for a while as the cars just been grinding me back and forth to work over the winter, I hadn't washed it in months and it was looking sorry for itself.

Not to mention the belt squeal in the mornings was starting to annoy me and I wanted to sort the alternator wiring that broke months and months ago!!

Also, I thought all the belts were due, so I have been collecting all the parts over the last few months to do the full belts, water pump, service, etc etc. However, after using my god given eyes properly I realised it was just the aux belts that are due, I have another 18 months on the cam belt, so this weekend I put together a little service schedule.

plan was:

- Oil and Filter
- Aux belt kit
- Alternator
- Fix broken alternator wiring
- Fit Eibach Sportline springs
- Fit Speedline Cup Turini Alloys in Anthracite
- Baaaaa like a suitable CS sheep at the result

First thing Sunday morning I got up...........and went to the presentation of a bouldering competition at the local climbing wall I came 3rd overall in :)

So, after a quick boulder session, a load of prizes and a trip back home I figured probably about time to start on the car. Not taken loads of pics but got a few and its safe to say next time I'm paying some bugger to do it. Wasn't massively hard, but the refitting of the belt was a right pain, the tensioner snapped on the 3/8" slot so I had to guide the belt on and turn the crank over on the pulley to drag it on, nightmare!lol!!! So a 2 hour or so series of jobs turned into a 4 hour + marathon and swearing session!lol!!!

Anyway, few bits to fit:

DSC_4719_zpsc75ec732.jpg

DSC_4720_zps44cfb5db.jpg

Front end off, I decided it would be easier to simply rip most of it off for access, it doesn't take long to strip down and makes the job a whole lot easier as its so tight in there!

DSC_4722_zps61db92d6.jpg

and old crap out

DSC_4723_zpsdf0350cf.jpg

alternator wiring fixed with new crimp and insulation

DSC_4724_zps3aab7aa1.jpg

new alternator and tensioner etc in

DSC_4725_zpsfe31febd.jpg

DSC_4727_zps0f5d28a1.jpg

and alternator connected up

DSC_4726_zps71697dd4.jpg

it was at this point that the fight began and I stopped taking pictures and started swearing!lol!

safe to say got it all sorted in the end and car built back up. chucked the springs and wheels on. Did the oil and filter and the pollen filter also for the basic service that was due too :)

Gave it a wash so it now looks baaaaaa like baaaa this, sheep, baaaaaaa.

crap pics, I will get some better ones tomorrow, I'm off work and the cars in at Renault for the bonnet catch to be done (found the letter under a pile of crap from over a year ago!lol!doh!)

DSC_4728_zps2c3d9ccd.jpg

DSC_4730_zpsadcafa71.jpg

DSC_4729_zps06d48372.jpg

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
maybe i'll get rid of them, maybe i'll youtube a video of me burning them, just for you Dazzy ;)