ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE04UYN - RB FF 182 (ex The Boosh's Motor)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I remember when Andy first bought this. You're the fourth owner by the way, there was someone before Andy.

Racing Blue meet from '07. Probably on around 25k miles at the time. Lol.

My old one is fourth from the front.

DSC_0060.jpg

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one mate, love the 50/50 shot of the Yozza! One thing jumps out at me when looking at the rear end though - the number plate looks wonky :eek:

Great car, great colour!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Tim. - it is wonky, blame Luke for the rush job slapping them on when he took his personal plate off ;) its on the list of to do's as I think i'm going to get some new plates anyway :)

Akay - I have used L.W Smart in Alfreton for my bodywork, they were based in Alfreton but had a nasty fire last year, so are currently in Tansley near Matlock. I haven't seen Leigh or used them since the fire but I intend to go there with the bumper.

Christopher - I found the old logbook last night in the paperwork, amongst every single tax disc its ever had (£1800 in tax in its life so far) and noted I was 4th owner, first owner had it for 1 year and 7500 miles, sold it to Andy for 10k ish then Luke bought it in 2009 for £5500 then me last week for........... ;) its not quite as tidy as that pic, but I will return it to its former glory despite the 104k under its belt! Ricardos has your old one now doesn't he? and I have the white Turinis which have gone from him to JamesT87 as a swap for 2118's and now onto me in a cash sale! and so the parts flow in the great circle of Cliosport! :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Haha! You have my old Turinis? So weird. Andy used to oggle them before he got a set of his own... and put them on your car. Lol.

Full circle.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Mad isn't it, I quite like it tbh, parts all still rocking round like little boats on the same sea, going from port to port

my analogies can get a bit weird ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
01-10-2012 - Few bits done

Got round to starting to address the few bits that were really annoying me with the car recently. its not happened quickly, been busy sorting our lass' new motor out and also ben away a bit with work and climbing so busy busy! inbetween I've managed to tidy up the following bits.

Firstly was the engine bay, it was looking a bit tatty and missing a few bits, so I got hold of a new rubber seal from the forums, spot on product and service, and an engine cover along with some stainless black allan bolts to hold it on, ebay special :)

Bay as it was

DSC_0187_zps9cc2d0fc.jpg

new bits to go on

DSC_0184_zps20be0888.jpg

kippered old front seal

DSC_0188_zps54193ba6.jpg

new seal fitted

DSC_0189_zps4bea7bb9.jpg

cover fitted with shiny bolts and engine briefly cleaned. I have some gunk in the shed so when the weather cheers up and I have a spare minute it'll get a full treatment and jetwash to clean up the bits that are hard to scrub with a cloth, but it looks okay and scrubs up alright :)

DSC_0191_zps95c886fb.jpg

DSC_0192_zpsdc274eb1.jpg

Next little task was to begin the process of removing the yellow highlights from the car, appreciate the sentiment of them but they aren't really to my taste, so I went with the easy one first, again due to time and weather contraints, the calipers will get a seeing to with hammerite over the weekend hopefully :)

anthracite and yellow badges

IMG_0158_zps467c05fa.jpg

off the car (started to see if I wanted to just black the lettering, so tested the look with a pen to see, but decided against it and went for full spray instead) Pic was taken after I sort of started to sand back one, then wombled off for a brew, took the pic and carried on!

DSC_0185_zps6d4f69e7.jpg

bit of paint I had kicking about in the shed

DSC_0186_zpsacc4476d.jpg

primered

DSC_0193_zpsb0540a4f.jpg

and sprayed, pretty poor prepping from me really and a crappy job but I didn't really take my time, just slapped it on and it'll do for now, I eventually want some c/f bullets but they'll come later :)

IMG_0044_zps8d0224d5.jpg

IMG_0046_zpsbbd98778.jpg

also wrapped my spare and knackered oz centre caps in the rest of the carbon wrap I had, I have some RB oz stickers coming for them as well hopefully and they will do on the black superlegs that I am fitting to the car over the weekend to see what it looks like ;)

IMG_0045_zps937ebf18.jpg

and fitted to the car

IMG_0047_zps79abcd8c.jpg

IMG_0049_zps11ededdb.jpg

that's it for now, more to come this week hopefully :) although got some bits to do on GTT as well!lol!

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Another little update

whipped the bumper off and found a few things, bit of rust on cross member where the bumper has rubbed. putting this down to the fact the bottom bumper brace to the subframe is missing so bumper can flap about a bit at high speed.

also ripped off the old skoda splitter as it was pretty fubar, I have ordered a new one from the dealership in Chesterfield, plan is to run that and check out damage over coming months and if all looks well on usual driving i'll invest in a carbon item for sexy thrills :)

also ripped out the tumble drier hose that was botched to the front grill, I will hopefully be returning the airfeed to standard at some point.

and finally, drivers side front splash shield was totalled, so will be sourcing a new one hopefully if I can find one!

the bumper itself will be going to the bodyshop today hopefully for a patch up, new foglight bolts and a spray along with some other bits to tidy up the front/engine bay

cheers

Ben

bumper off

DSC_0199_zps067db463.jpg

car looking a bit sad for itself

DSC_0200_zps36fdc15b.jpg

tumble drier tube off

DSC_0202_zps79cdd0f6.jpg

broken splash shield

DSC_0201_zpse9c4a2d5.jpg

old splitter off

DSC_0203_zpsddfa63a9.jpg

damage to it

DSC_0205_zpsbd494767.jpg

and slight crack on lower front bumper

DSC_0204_zpsc2dfe8ce.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
dragged the bumper to couple of bodyshops, looking at couple of ton to get it sorted so its going to wait till next year, i dug out the touch up pen from the boot and just slapped some paint on it to cover the marks, it aint pretty but looks okay from a distance and better than the black platic showing through

also decided to just nick the splash shield from the 172 to fit for now as one for 182 is silly pricey if you can find one so sack that as well!

T-cutted the rest of the marks off the bumper, came up okay and also got some tyres fitted to the turninis.

Mr Ady has also informed my my stickers are in the post and the cliosport ones have shown as well :)

and finally i Gunked and jetwashed the enginebay and underside of the bonnet to clean it up properly.

proper update tomorrow with pics

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Stickers! :)

tidied up a few parts and added some stickers to keep the RB theme going

DSC_0212_zps0ac2be80.jpg

DSC_0213_zps02184ab2.jpg

DSC_0215_zps4881128e.jpg

DSC_0214_zps869f640b.jpg

DSC_0216_zps4d9014df.jpg

fitted pics to come :)

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
8th October 2012

Attacked the brakes and the splitter showed up as well

so thats the last of the yellow highlights gone from the car, looking slightly more stealthy than before which i prefer

old:

IMG_0050_zps6c3ae7ff.jpg

IMG_0052_zps0c5afae7.jpg

new:

IMG_0059_zps90ed9f60.jpg

IMG_0061_zps2b113e00.jpg

treated the rust i found, all surface so no worries :)

IMG_0054_zps7b8ddc65.jpg

scrubbed back

IMG_0056_zpsd419562e.jpg

treated

IMG_0057_zpsaddef74d.jpg

waxoyl'd, that should keep it okay for while :)

IMG_0058_zpscf1044ff.jpg

new splitter here, bargain these are, even the bloke in the parts department at skoda was shocked at the price!lol!

IMG_0064_zps34fc8900.jpg

fitted

IMG_0068_zpsb4e1e576.jpg

carbon badge fitted

IMG_0066_zpsa27d4b65.jpg

bumper finished

IMG_0067_zps525a7d26.jpg

and trial fitted the superlegs :)

IMG_0063_zpsd9dfb9d0.jpg

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
cheers chap,

I have since refitted the front bumper and arch liners. all I need to do now is re-seal the exhaust and the cars good to go on the road, so I will get some decent pics up with any luck :)

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
19-10-2012

First day using the car for work etc...........and it goes belly up!lol!

spent the morning commute kangarooing and spluttering down the road at 40mph, very annoying! got to work and left it till lunch.

did a bit of geeking and pulled up the CTS as likely cause so i took a half day and spluttered to Gordon Lamb Renault in Chesterfield and picked up a new sensor, and 10 litres of type D whilst i was there for stock :cool:

you can guess the drive home....spluttery!

so onto the drive and new sensor fitted......................no different!fail! so i proceeded to strip bits off the 172 to diagnose, swapped all the obvious and easy to reach sensors, no different, and unplugged the upstream O2 sensor. again all to no avail, car still running like a bag of spanners.

so inlet off and ht leads out to check plugs............what a mess, water ingress was evident on 2 of the pots and it was number 2 that was down. plugs where all whipped out and cleaned up and the sticky mess of residue in the plug wells cleaned up as well. i think its been wet in there for a while so to speak but my engine bay cleaning antics the other day must of made it worse and lead to this issue.

another thing to note was the spark plugs seemed very loose to me, so i nipped them up to my own satisfaction whilst i was there and proceeded to put the lot back together and low and behold fired up and ran lovely! sorted and could of saved myself 20 quid on the sensor. going to leave it on though for piece of mind, so shiny new part added!

while the airbox was off i figured be rude not to fit my ITG panel filter as well while i was there, so that went in too.

had a blat out and the car feels spot on once more and dang is a yozza addictive, great soundtrack to a good drive :)

Coops

couple of random progress pics:

new temp sensor

IMG_0103_zpsde881af7.jpg

coil swapped out for testing

IMG_0106_zps2e284c59.jpg

inlet off

IMG_0104_zps0509e9f3.jpg

engine exposed

IMG_0102_zpsa5e23abb.jpg

sacraficial 172, bless it

IMG_0105_zpsb8749c77.jpg

old v new

IMG_0107_zps934e8c16.jpg

fitted

IMG_0108_zps7ea324c5.jpg

and all in one piece again :)

DSC_0190_zps57bda399.jpg

Great read mate youve made some good pregress with the car already too i can remember when it was andys back in the day, good to see you restoring it to its former glory. The bullets look great in the oem silver. What wheel choice are you going for then? My votes white turinis like chris's old RB.

P.S get those GB plates off ;-)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
cheers Craig

ai the plates will be being replaced with clean and simple pressed jobs like i run on the mk1, much cleaner, just not got round to sorting them yet as toying with getting a personal plate for it so that can wait :)

its currently rolling on the black superlegs but i do have white turinis on stock in the shed, so once the R888's are no longer road legal on the superlegs they will be going on the car for a while, then not sure tbh, may try to get hold of standard wheels as well as i reckon white wheels will be a nightmare over the winter!

340i
Looking good, Ben... Rookie error with getting water down the spark plug holes ;) hope it's all hassle free from now on.

S4 Avant
Sounds like its being true to form and acting french!

I've actually changed my mind about the tub on 2118s. I dont think they suit it, and I really like 2118s on a mk2!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Gray - i know, i feel a fool for not thinking of it sooner, it ran fine after the cleaning operation but few days later it was like this, probably due to being left for a bit, ah well, alls well that ends well and least i found out about spark plugs and feel better for knowing i've checked engine over now as well :)

Dave - too right its french, and yeah the 2118's look better on the mk 1 than the 182 imo, i'll pop down in Sharkey though at some point so you can hear a yozza used properly ;)

S4 Avant
Gray - i know, i feel a fool for not thinking of it sooner, it ran fine after the cleaning operation but few days later it was like this, probably due to being left for a bit, ah well, alls well that ends well and least i found out about spark plugs and feel better for knowing i've checked engine over now as well :)

Dave - too right its french, and yeah the 2118's look better on the mk 1 than the 182 imo, i'll pop down in Sharkey though at some point so you can hear a yozza used properly ;)

I'm so sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my 5th and 6th cylinders.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yesterday my car broke, so i swore alot and got grumpy and basically stropped about

finally figured it was injector down, swapped one out of the old 172 into the car and..... sorted!

i was intending on taking the car out for a few photos after a clean but spent most of the day sorting that issue, so more exciting progress to come. i hate 'fixing the stupid frenchmobile' updates but such is life!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Pics as it stands currently on Black OZ superleggera's in 15" flavour wrapped in almost completely kippered R888's lol! :)

also added C/F front and rear diamond badges :)

DSC_0249_zps6ea64896.jpg

DSC_0252_zps2e82ab71.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
free later this evening mate if you fancy a spin up the bridge of bull......sounds like a euphemism that..... ;) i'll drop you a text later

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
no, i scoffed a bit and then a bit of sick came into my mouth, you must of been mistaken ;)

VRS
Good to see the old girl's still going strong :approve:

Haha! You have my old Turinis? So weird. Andy used to oggle them before he got a set of his own... and put them on your car. Lol.

Full circle.

Its like seeing the love child of our old motors lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have also been collecting parts for more improvements to the car, I am currently in two minds as to suspension choices as well.

the car currently runs on KTEC coilovers, which i kind of think are okay, not great, but decent enough for lows and daily road use, but i want to try some other solutions as well.

as such i have purchased a pretty much brand new set of Vmaxx coilovers to try, this will give me the freedom to adjust my ride height etc as i see fit. and also i have bought a set of the new cooksport springs to fit to the o/e suspension i have in the shed that Luke included in the sale. i think i will run the cooksports over this winter to keep the ride height up for snow etc and then play out on the coilies next spring :)

i have also got hold of a whiteline rear ARB and purchased some new bushes for the drop links to keep it tight, i intend to get it powdercoated before fitting it so its not going on just yet!

and other bits for the collection are new oil (5x 1L) and a filter/sump plug washer ready for next oil change, a set of brand new gen ren mats and also some carbon fibre exhaust surrounds to continue my c/f fetish :)

that’s it for now, more pics of progress/suspension testing over the weekend hopefully!

parts:

Standard cup shocks
DSC_0278.jpg

Shiny new cooksport springs
DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

Vmaxx
DSC_0285.jpg

carbon goodness :)
DSC_0283.jpg

whiteline plus new bushes
DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

oil and filter
DSC_0286.jpg

and finally new mats
DSC_0287.jpg

A45 AMG 406BHP
Looks awesome.
Makes me want to spray my wheels white, remove my stripes & spray the front & back badge.

Clio Sport 182
Where did you pick up those mats from mate? Looking for some myself as I don't have any at the minute :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Where did you pick up those mats from mate? Looking for some myself as I don't have any at the minute :(
You can get them from your local Renault garage. Part number is 7711425548. Alternatively Tom@wests sells them on here.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, they are a genuine Renault part, about 50 quid from the dealers iirc, but I bought these 'second hand' but completely unused with receipt :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
right

been a long long time since I updated this thread, the cars gone through several iterations since, mostly wheel changes and I have since added 15mm front and 10mm rear per side spacers and put the standard cup wheels back on.

most recent progress has been engine bay changes, perhaps not everyones cuppa, but I like carbon so theres more of it! to go with the interior stuff I added over the winter/spring

interior carbon

8759012234_919838b235_b.jpg

IMG_4085 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr

and then bits and bats under the hood:

IMG_6018_zpsbdba46bb.jpg

IMG_6020_zps0c30adc4.jpg

IMG_6019_zpsdfe1f709.jpg

IMG_6028_zpsaf06dd74.jpg

IMG_6031_zps0ef18852.jpg

so inlet, fuel guard, top cover and ecu bracket all swapped out for bling ones :)

Ben

work for BMW
i really really liked how it looked when you first got it from Luke. The stance and wheels looked perfect!!