ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Temp / Pressure Gauges

Ph2 172
I'm planning on putting some in my 172. I want them to fit in with the standard interior as much as possible without looking just bolted on - currently thinking about putting them in the little storage pot on top of the clock / stereo display?

What have you guys done? Thoughts and pictures would be much appreciated :approve:

Evo
I saw a twin gauge pod in the display cabinet at ktec last week for mounting gauges in just that place.

Its easiest to use the cigarette lighter for power to the gauges or alternatively piggyback the radio feed with a relay from an igntion feed.

To attach the pressure sensors you'll need either an oil filter sanwich plate with an M20 extender bolt, or an M14 T-piece with a 1/8 bsp sensor thread.

For oil temp either the sandwich plate or an M16 sump plug adapted to fit the 1/8 bsp sensor can be bought from ebay.

Evo 8 MR
Would be nice to have these gauges tbh, I personally can't be bothered with the messing about though.

Evo
Would be nice to have these gauges tbh, I personally can't be bothered with the messing about though.

Im halfway through DIY fitting some to my car atm and they are a bloody nightmare.

Obviously now i started it seems silly to stop but if i knew how hard they'd be i wouldnt have bothered lol.

Adaptors themself for plumbing in the sender units can come to £100 :(

Evo
http://www.motaman.co.uk/product/1160/VI-Monitor-MultiFunction-Electronic-Gauge

see the link to this, it just plugs straight into the diagnostic post in your car by the ciggie lighter and will give you all the information you need and more.

So much easier and can be used car to car as well!

This wont show oil temp/pressure on any Renault, already looked into this option and asked the head man at VI performance himself at Trax last September.

Nice thought though.