ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK one for the ice guys

Monaro VXR
Wanna put a new system in budget of around £800-£1000

headunit already settled on getting an Alpine 9855R so minus £280 from total. so around £500-£700 for amps components and a sub.

Now the kinda music i listen to is generally indie / rock / metal and dance.

Was told a 15" sub would probably be better for my choice of music but not sure so woud like some advice as to what you guys would reccomend. As im alright with most things but not family with a lot of the brands and how good they sound.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Heres some Rainbow comps which come highly recommended but Im still to hear them :( http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=3850&cadid=d8bd5a807e80a3d60221ab60c6833665 £180

Alpine amp to run the comps http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4570&cadid=d8bd5a807e80a3d60221ab60c6833665 £135

RE Audio 12" Sub http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=2982&cadid=d8bd5a807e80a3d60221ab60c6833665 £95

Personally I feel that a 12" sub would be much better for your needs than a 15" which are slower and better suited to hip hop, 12s are more versatile.

Alpine mono amp for the sub http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4399&cadid=d8bd5a807e80a3d60221ab60c6833665 £180

So a total of £590 and then need some wiring and a box but that would still be in budget. Hope that helps, theres another couple of guys here who know more than I do but I reckon that would sound s**t hot!

Monaro VXR
£1000 is a stretch really. At the moment but i can always upgrade and sell my stuff on so thats not a problem just want the best i can for my budget really. Dont mind about building and installing it all myself plus well thats all part of the fun getting it sounding right.

Monaro VXR
Im just gonna go see how much bank will give me on an interest free overdraft lol. Then i may come back with a higher budget. Might as well make full use of the interest free thing while i can for the next few years.

Monaro VXR
Ok anyone know how good Alphasonik's stuff is cause i was basically offered a deal on a near enough full alphasonik install everything except my headunit was an alpine.

Rainbow SLC230 Kick
Digital Designs DDM1
Resonant Engineering Audio SE12

should come to just over £700

not overly sure on Alphasonik equipment, only heard one car with their kit in, and if i'm being honest, it was so badly set-up it just didn't sound right

Monaro VXR
Would also need another amp for components then. So say £850 for the lot.

The alpha setup i was offered was

http://www.alphacaraudio.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=387

Those components

2 of these

http://www.alphacaraudio.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_79&products_id=199

alpine 9855r headunit

and this 4 channel amp

http://www.alphacaraudio.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_85&products_id=176

included 4 guage wiring kit which was another £100 speaker cabling of whatever kind i wanted that he had there on the rolls. I did hear it in the shop and it did sound nice but hearing it in a shop and a car is 2 different things but the subs i quite liked the sound of they werent boomy they just seemed to fit in with the music properly it was set up pretty well to be honest.

Just need to know what it'd be like in the car...

went with the 4 channel amp for now due to me having a bit of a budget but would upgrade a system in future if i wanted more.

Monaro VXR
There was another system i was offered. Inphase 1204 amp 2400w w channel. DA Audio 12 trex sub, and set of matching components same alpine headunit etc.

Not sure about DB audio stuff either guy let me have a listen in his own car to the subs and they were rather loud i could get a back massge everyday with that in my car.

Polo + Micra
inphase amp is b****cks (the watt rating is about 4x the RMS)

and I don't like DB audio either

Monaro VXR
yeah i saw the rms output on the inpahse stuff thought it was pretty crappy. dunno meh got a couple weeks to decide what to get anyways will be getting money for this 1st week of jan so hopefully get my stereo put in and my car remapped.

Monaro VXR
To be honest the alphasonik stuff i heard didnt sound half bad and it was set up rather well. admittedly he did have 6x9's hooked up but he had them filtered for the mid bass. and then asked him to turn them off sounded rather nice. Could pick out everything in the track cymbols and the snare drums and that could hear the rattle properly as it should be.

In comparison the DB stuff i heard had a more bass heavy sound to it. didnt bring out the highs quite the same could be due to setup though. Will go check out a few more audio shops around see if i can get a listen to some more speakers. Im just reluctant to spend money on a product like this without hearing it first. When im gonna be spending around £1000 i dont wanna spend it get everything mail order then decide i hate the sound it gives

Monaro VXR
Ok sorry to bump this up again. £1000-£1100 is my absolute budget to get everything. Including headunit amp wiring etc. I dont need sub boxes etc i will do that myself i will also install it all myself.

Now what do you suggest for a good quality system?

will be getting in in around a week or 2 and i need some input. I know there are systems up there but just looking at what others would suggest again this is for someone who mainly listens to rock / indie / dance

1100?

9855r - £280
Genesis profile 5 - £499
Rainbow SLC230 comps - £150
Rainbow Hammer 12" sub - £99.99
Wires - £60
Box - £35

approx £1100, and will sound awesome!

Monaro VXR
just looking at that would it bet better to go for the genesis profile 4 ultra then get the SLC230 kicks instead?

box im not arsed about build my own.

GOLF GT TDI
i was thinking thta when you said to make your own sub box you have to make sure you have got the right size box are your sub wont sound as good as it should you best of buying one from a dealer that knows what they are talking about

Polo + Micra
^^^ alpine amps:S

i think they are ok but thats about it.

i would be toying with the idea of running a sub off a class ab

muz

big fat japanese bus
Dink said:
^^^ alpine amps:S

i think they are ok but thats about it.

i would be toying with the idea of running a sub off a class ab

if you can find an amp with enough RMS at 4ohm in class AB do it!!

A DLS CA10 was 400 RMS @ 4 ohm and its AB Sounds awseome !!!

Monaro VXR
Stu_c said:
i was thinking thta when you said to make your own sub box you have to make sure you have got the right size box are your sub wont sound as good as it should you best of buying one from a dealer that knows what they are talking about

They just give you a generic boox basically for all subs. But each sub performs differently in differrent boxes. Hence the make my own bit.

But guys have given me a fair few ideas will have a look see what i can get. I would love the RE sub though....

wozzaa said:
just looking at that would it bet better to go for the genesis profile 4 ultra then get the SLC230 kicks instead?

box im not arsed about build my own.

that would depend if you want sub bass or not?

if you want sub bass then no... the slc kicks will only emphasise frequencys between approx 80-160....

subs are anything below 100 down...

for sound quality the list i did above is the best... but if you want more bass your gonna need to go for a monoblock for the sub instead. Ive got genesis amps & i will never go back :)

Monaro VXR
Im thinking going for that alpine setup the guy posted until summer then might sell the alpine amps and get something better.

Just right now im on a budget £1000 is pushing £1100 is gonna kill me for a week or so no going out that weekend. Might go speak to my local ice shop which is the caraudiocentre see if they will order me stuff in and give me a discout as well. The guy in there is usually pretty nice.

Told me he would refuse to sell me a headunit due to my car having multiplex wiring and he basically told me he wanted me to go spend the day at the shop to make sure the system worked as he may need to make an adaptor for me if he doesnt have one on the shop floor. And if the headunit doesnt work properly he wouldnt sell it me due to them having as he put it

"A f**king s**t returns policy"

Might take it in there tomorrow ask him to test it out. Starting to wish i never got rid o my clio now soo much so i dont think im gonna keep this current car much longer than a year or so. Im issing the chuckability my clio had and the general fun the car gave it mighta been a lower end model but it was just a far more fun car to drive.

Really miss my clio now :(

Polo + Micra
car audio centre walk out as soon as they say any of the below:-

lanzar vibe
db audio
in phase
audiobarn

Monaro VXR
Dink said:
car audio centre walk out as soon as they say any of the below:-

lanzar vibe
db audio
in phase
audiobarn

Only going for the headunit lol. But didnt get up in time well i literally only just crawled out of bed and its 4:30.

i was too hung over after last night to get up and even thinking about doing anything but sleep.