ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oldman + 196hp + Rain + Track =

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 24 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 24 August 2005

Maybe

Oldman + lack of skill + No ABS =
Its a 182 IIRC, not a cup.
Oh right .....shot down in flames lol...maybe just ran out of talent then! Harsh..

The best day of driving in my life - a very wet Silverstone which meant that the 182 was as fast as some much more powerful cars, even with me driving.

Anyway - last session of the day - blood pressure up due to at last being able to overtake some really fast cars. A TVR was indicating for me to overtake and had my clipping point at Woodcote. I was forced to take a wide line which cause me to drift off to the left towards the grass and then the wall on the Start Finish straight. Instead I (rather stupidly) took my foot off the gas which (whith the aforementioned tyre pressures) caused a flip to oversteer. I then did a few balletic spins past my waving fans on the start - finish line and grazed the front along the Armco before recovering.

Considering the speed I was doing and the proximity of walls and other hard objects I came of really lucky and it didnt spoil what was easily the most fun I have had for years.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

mailto:lol@ fred">lol @ fred.

damage could be worse...still bad though.

when its repaired, mount your bumper on your garage wall as a reminder eh?;)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by carbon copy on 24 August 2005

Good idea - At least hell have a nice souvenir for years to come

The garage is full of sh*te ..... itll have to be the living room wall.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by oldman on 24 August 2005

The garage is full of sh*te ..... itll have to be the living room wall.
even better.

f**k, although at least you werent hurt and by the sounds of things it could have been worse. If its just the bumper/grills/foglight/headlamp and no damage to the bonnet and front panel it shouldnt be too costly to repair. Hope it all gets sorted soon. :D

Bonnet has a nice scratch on the edge, but doesnt look out of shape or anything, front panel seems fine so hopefully not too costly indeed!

Such a shame :( Looks a mess.

Would have been very easy to do that at Brands as well considering the conditions!

Ziel Nurburgring

At least you enjoyed yourself and nothing worse than a few scratches. Could have been a whole lot worse

Elise/VX220/R26

just a flesh wound that, like you say could have been a lot worse, your braver than me hammering round the track in the wet, I would have sat near the back of the pack with the ASR firmly switched on!

Thanks for the all the comments.

I can tell you that I will be queuing up for wet track days from now on. It is such a great leveler of the cars. In the wet a sissy like me in a front wheel drive car is just so much quicker than 90% of Caterams, exiges, V6s, TVRs, Ferraris (yes I was overtaking them too). And this was on the long fast GP circuit. On a shorter tighter circuit it would have been even easier to get ahead.

It was just sooooo refreshing to overtake the lot of them that my pants were all sticky.

Just remember four rules in the wet, dont get too cocky (failed on that one), look long (failed there too on that corner), balanced throttle until the clipping point and dont f**k with your tyre pressures or listen to oldmen on notice boards who say that a tail happy car is more exciting !!!!!!!!!!

I will add an obvious fith rule ...... only brake in straight lines

[Edited by oldman on 26 August 2005 at 8:21am]