ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

LOL! :approve:

Being a resident JMS associate, can you remember if any RS2's have been fitted alongside aftermarket cams? :)

I know James' ran with the C&B ones for a while?

James did indeed run C&B's with his RS2 but it was never properly mapped so there are no definitive RR figures, not that thats everything. It was a strong old mule though....

The mistake people make is chucking one of these kits on an unhealthy and poorly maintained engine expecting it to gain 30bhp.
Im very interested to see what it'll do on yours though as it sounds prime for it.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'll hopefully have a look at yours on Monday. Did you go with the Forge pipes in the end, or the SFS ones? :)

As you've said, the gearbox is about the only thing left that could be causing it! Nightmare!

I went for the exact ones you got IIRC so looks wise our engines should be identical.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Mine needs this doing but alas, I cannot be bothered lol! Not long now :evil:

It took literally 15-20 minutes to do, on the kitchen work surface! :evil: haha!

James did indeed run C&B's with his RS2 but it was never properly mapped so there are no definitive RR figures, not that thats everything. It was a strong old mule though....

The mistake people make is chucking one of these kits on an unhealthy and poorly maintained engine expecting it to gain 30bhp.
Im very interested to see what it'll do on yours though as it sounds prime for it.

Hoping I can get in for mapping at RS Tuning the following week, all being well. So it will be nice to see how the car feels and performs when completed. :)

I went for the exact ones you got IIRC so looks wise our engines should be identical.

Will be nice to get a sneak peak when I drop mine off on Monday morning then. ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Well it will still be there, new gearbox ordered today from Renault, on special order so probably won't be in for a week or so!

Mk1 Focus RS

Sounds sad but I'm really looking forward to you getting this fitted, and seeing some awesome pictures and videos! you must be going mad with it all in that box. Seems to be taking so long I keep checking up on the thread. :eek:

Clio 172 Cup

Sounds sad but I'm really looking forward to you getting this fitted, and seeing some awesome pictures and videos! you must be going mad with it all in that box. Seems to be taking so long I keep checking up on the thread. :eek:

You're not the only one. Hope its all going to run smoothly. Hey Oliver, get a current spec posted up after she's done :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Hey Oliver, get a current spec posted up after she's done :)

As of Monday, the spec shall be:

JMS RS2 intake manifold
Cat Cam 428 cams
Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts, powerflex dogbone mount
Janspeed/KTR Stealth supersport exhaust, with Prima competition mount
Janspeed/KTR de-cat
Mocal oil catch tank
Forge black silicone coolant hoses
Magnecor leads
Nimbus motorsport heat shield

Speedline 2118 palmersport anthracite, polarised bolts
Yokohama AD08 tyres
Gaz coilovers
KTR bolt in top mounts
Wilwood 4 pot calipers
195mm Brembo HC discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads

Carbon splitter
Carbon badges

Omp 300mm steering wheel, Momo boss

Alpine head unit
JL Audio ZR components
Alpine pdx amplifier
JL Audio wiring

:)

Things still to do:
New streamline carbon items; diamond, splitter, fog light surrounds, headlight washer blanks, bullets, rear bumper trim and dash strips.

Recaro PP/Furious seats.

:evil:

5849202439_e462c3c1bd_z.jpg

Last edited:
  Ollie's Silver Cup

Quick update for this morning :)

Just ordered a few items from Streamline Carbon; front splitter, front diamond, fog light surrounds and headlight washer blanks.

As mentioned before, I have a carbon diamond and splitter on the car already. However, I've always wanted the genuine pre-preg items and I know streamline's quality is second to none!

I think I'll then add the other carbon bits I want (bullets, rear bumper trim, rear diamond and dash strips) a couple of pieces at a time. Lovely. :D

Nice work!

There's a set of Streamlime carbon diamonds in the raffle at ClioSport Saturday ;)

53 Clio's & counting

Is it being mapped Monday too mate? Should be interesting :)

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3

how good is the spec on this! top work mate

Ollie's Silver Cup

things done/to do list is second to none!

first dibs on your carbon splitter ;)

The current carbon splitter has a small crack/split on the bottom edge (where I reversed down my mates drive and it was a little steep :dead: )

But, if you're still interested, I can give you a shout once it's off the car in a few weeks. :)

Nice work!

There's a set of Streamlime carbon diamonds in the raffle at ClioSport Saturday ;)

Thanks! Nice raffle prize, they're not cheap; someone will come away happy! :)

Is it being mapped Monday too mate? Should be interesting :)

No mate, not being mapped on Monday.

I need to book in at RS Tuning for the mapping; hoping I can get in with them over the next couple of weeks. :)

I love this! Gets better and better! The spec is awesome!

Thanks! :D

how good is the spec on this! top work mate

Thank you. :)

Fiesta ST-3

As said before, EPIC project. You've clearly done a lot of research as to what you want from the car... well done sir! RS tuning lads know their stuff too!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

The current carbon splitter has a small crack/split on the bottom edge (where I reversed down my mates drive and it was a little steep :dead: )

But, if you're still interested, I can give you a shout once it's off the car in a few weeks. :)

the joys of being low :rasp:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Slight change/amendment of plan. :)

There's some further calibration work in progress, regards running the RS2 alongside 428 profile cams.

Having spoken to and taken advice from Tom this afternoon, I'll be holding fire on having the 428's fitted until this calibration is complete.

I, like most others, am naturally wanting to get the best out of the products I've bought; hopefully, this will ensure that. :)

However, that aside, the RS2 intake and related goodies/accessories will still be fitted tomorrow/Monday by JMS' capable hands. :evil:

In some ways, it will be nice to see the effects of the RS2 fitted alone and then later, see how the cams change things again.

Very much looking forward to handing the car over JMS tomorrow afternoon. :D

sounds good!
but out of interest, how much is it going to cost you to have the cams done after? i know money is not really an object on your build but it's interesting for me :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

sounds good!
but out of interest, how much is it going to cost you to have the cams done after? i know money is not really an object on your build but it's interesting for me :D

For the fitting of the cams; it's essentially a cambelt service, plus a little extra (the cost of physically installing the cams, new cam seals)

Hopefully it won't be long before they're in anyway. :)

Z4 Coupe

What an epic spec! This car has to be one of the greatest on this forum! If Carlsberg did project threads.. It still wouldn't have sh!t on yours oli!

Ollie's Silver Cup

What an epic spec! This car has to be one of the greatest on this forum! If Carlsberg did project threads.. It still wouldn't have sh!t on yours oli!

haha thanks, Andy.

Are you going to LFE convoy for CSS? :)

TTRS & V50

Woah, adding cams in at a later day, deep pockets, hope it's worth it !

Are you going to map the RS2, then fit cams and map again ?

Or just going to roll around lumpy until cams are fitted and then map. Surely you may as well wait and fit the whole lot together if were to do the latter.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Tut, so the day before you actually hand the car over to them they say you can't actually run the cams with the RS2! Why did they not know this ages ago when you bought the cams! I dont see why you can't just get all the bits fitted and then get it mapped straight away.

Evo 5 RS

Don't really understand why running 428s will be a problem? Seems daft.

I saw you today on the m1 about to join the m40 bobbing along in the middle lane lol.

Ollie's Silver Cup
It's not really an issue that the cams can't be run alongside the RS2 :)

It's to ensure that it's worthwhile going to the cost/efforts of installing the cams, as an addition to the RS2. If they're not going to give a worthwhile gain over just the RS2, then it's not worth proceeding down the cams route.

It's obviously not cheap fitting the aftermarket cams and thankfully Tom wants to make sure it's in customers best interests before pushing ahead with it.

The car is now with JMS having the RS2 fitted; cannot wait to collect it. :D

Evo 5 RS

It'd be noticeable...if your belt wasn't changed that long ago that's fair enough though

Ollie's Silver Cup
Yes mate, the belts were done around 18 months ago.

I'll see what comes from the calibration results before making a decision. I'd like to get the 428s in, so fingers crossed they'll prove a worth while addition alongside the RS2. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
I've just picked up my cup from JMS. Absolutely brilliant!

Even without any mapping, the car feels completely different; very impressed!

I'll, of course, write a more detailed review when I get home.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

I've just picked up my cup from JMS. Absolutely brilliant!

Even without any mapping, the car feels completely different; very impressed!

I'll, of course, write a more detailed review when I get home.

Nice one.... I cant wait to drive mine and see how it feels :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Look forward to seeing your review mate!