ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSX Lion Thread

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
When you select shutdown you get the option to reopen OS with current windows you have running. Every time i close down i take the tick out of the box, is there anyway i can make it default to boot without opening windows i shutdown with?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The 10.7.1 update has made lion a million times better.

Mine run quicker now and doesn't do the stupid youtube crash thing.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Since I've installed Lion, MS Office for Mac opens when i start the machine. Or log in with another user. I cant seem to find any options to edit this. Can anyone help please?

If you had programs opened before you shut down, they'll open again when you start up.

There's a setting in the options to disable it somewhere.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
If you had programs opened before you shut down, they'll open again when you start up.

There's a setting in the options to disable it somewhere.

Similar problem to me, I don't want to take the tick out if the box every time I turn the mac off. Can't find out how to stop it doing it by default.

Recently had a couple of strange bugs with Lion.

Firstly (this one time) my trashcan suddenly had dozens of items in it. They were old files. Deleted ages ago, and the can was empty before they reappeared.

Secondly (more recently) the language icon suddenly appeared in the menu bar. I never have this enabled, so I know I didn't turn it on.

Nothing major. Just a couple of small bugs. This is with a 100% formatted virgin installation of Lion from a bootable DVD, so there's no chance of any parts of the old system being leftover and causing issues. No doubt it'll get more stable over time. Overall I;m still loving it.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Apple is continuing to press toward an iCloud launch with a new beta seed of OS X 10.7.2 pushed out to developers today. The new seed, known as Build 11C62, comes six days after the previous seed.

Apple continues to list no known issues with the latest build, and has made no changes to its list of focus areas for testing, which include AddressBook, GraphicsDrivers, iCal, iChat, iCloud, Mac App Store, Mail, MobileMe, Safari, Spotlight, and Time Machine. As with the last several developer builds, iCloud functionality is integrated directly into OS X 10.7.2 instead of being offered as a separate download.

Apple is reportedly holding a media event to introduce the next-generation iPhone hardware and officially launch iOS 5 and iCloud. OS X 10.7.2 should arrive as a free update for OS X Lion users right as iCloud and the other hardware and software debut.

Apple has included what appears to be final release notes with this build:The 10.7.2 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. It also includes support for iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices. iCloud on OS X Lion includes the following features:

• iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List and automatically pushes them to all your devices.
• Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.
• Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.

Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one and then follow the on screen instructions. To learn more about iCloud visit http://www.apple.com/icloud.

The 10.7.2 update also includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:

• Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
• Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.
• Address an issue that causes the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.
• Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.
• Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.
• Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.
• Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.
• Enable booting in to Lion Recovery from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.
• Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.
• Improve Active Directory integration.

For detailed information about Safari 5.1.1, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4922.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4767.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

The knowledge base articles listed in the notes are not yet active, but it looks like Apple is putting the finishing touches on 10.7.2 for iCloud support that will be launched alongside iOS 5.

Source: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/22/os-x-10-7-2-build-11c62-seeded-to-developers/

Favourites:
• Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
• Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.

Inferno 182 CUP
Cant wait for IOS5, 10.7.2 to integrate it all together .. finally these 2 things are going to work well in unison!

Wireless sync!
iCloud
Find my mac

Hoorah!

LY 182
<Lazy>

Is Lion mostly all okay now and any small bugs etc sorted? I've not bothered to upgrade thus far seeing as SL has been more than fine.

</Lazy>

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, when I try to open word, it just says not supported anymore.

Hmm thats odd. Like i said i didn't do anything and it still works. Did you buy the 3 user pack? If show I'd try and reinstall it..Waste though

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
What version of office is it mate? If you want, Ill upload an ISO for Office 2011 (legit) and pm you my MAK key...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Hey all,

I installed Lion the day it was released and everything was fine.

Since i woke up this morning my wifi keeps dropping. I have to turn the wifi off then on again for it to work.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers?

Inferno 182 CUP
Hey all,

Since i woke up this morning my wifi keeps dropping. I have to turn the wifi off then on again for it to work.

Cheers?

Mine does this on SL and Lion .. apparently I'm one of millions :mad:

FN2 Type R GT
Hey all,

Cheers?

I had this, when slightly further away from the hub, worked out the problem was more wireless signals in the area which apparently reduces the signal from my hub, switched the wifi channel on the hub and it seems to be fine so far..

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Office.

I have used NeoOffice for a while for free... no issues. Lion came along and they are now charging to update... a whole £6 minimum donation ! I can get MS Office through work for ~£9 or something but I did that a while back and it just f**ked me off so much I uninstalled it after a week without even using it.