ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oulton Park yesterday - Clios aplenty!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Spotted 4 close together. Lee's Trophy, Maz's 182, a 172 Cup behind (who's is that?) and the black modded dCi Clio behind that one?

Spotted the occassional RS amongst the parked cars - one black gold 182 that had a reg plate that made up the name MATT with a Hill Power sticker on tha back. Again, anyone on here?

Didn't spot any Willys about though? Saw that new 197 for the first time in the flesh. Still not convinced at all by that - especially when its fire was totally pissed on by that superb F1 Team special edition Meggy 225, parked at the side of it.

D.

Ad

MK2 FRS
the black modded Dci was Andy_88 off here. I cadged a lift in maz's.

I was impressed with the 197, but still prefer the 225.

Nimbus Clio 197
i saw a cup, and the passenger i think started waving at me! not sure who it was though lol

we were in a 172 Cup. and we saw maz's car too, i knew it was hers! didnt know she had changed the wheels though.

CLIO V6
Was it a good day then? We went past but thought we would give it a miss. Noticed a few clios though whilst waiting in traffic.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Rob - sure was. Enjoyed it that much that I'll definitely be going to Donington at the end of July. Would have been good if you'd gone in as I didn't see a Vee the whole day either!

D.

Nimbus Clio 197
i really enjoyed it, it was my first time at anything like that, needless to say i'll be going again :)

Rob, we saw a yellow Vee on the way home afterwards, maybe that was you?

CLIO V6
yeah, am normally there most weekends. We only live 5mins down the road and have the membership. Have only seen mine there so far but i know Tom Taylor goes and has a vee

Lee

BMW M2C
Mike_SE said:
i really enjoyed it, it was my first time at anything like that, needless to say i'll be going again :)

Rob, we saw a yellow Vee on the way home afterwards, maybe that was you?

Was there an old balding man at the wheel, with a passenger who looked far too good for him? ;) If so that was Jeremy Townsend.

Nimbus Clio 197
Lee said:
Was there an old balding man at the wheel, with a passenger who looked far too good for him? ;) If so that was Jeremy Townsend.

haha! im not sure, i think it was a slim chap with glasses on but i couldnt tell how old he was, and i never saw the passenger...

Honda S2000
I parked on the field facing the entrance as I was Mike's chauffeur for the day! There were loads of clios there.. more CTRs though, they're so common ;) lol

Lee - I saw you when you first pulled in and asked the guy were you could park. I was walking in front of your car. I was going to say hi but wasn't sure that it was 100% you and plus you might not have appreciated a random girl jumping in front of your car!

Lee

BMW M2C
You should have said hello Kelly, I like random girls saying hello as it's usually random blokes. lol

If it was when I just arrived I was busting for the loo so parked and pretty much sprinted to the gents.:eek:

Honda S2000
Well I was pretty sure it was you and I did say to Mike I thought it was. Next time i'll just jump in front of the car lol.

Lee

BMW M2C
Were you two amonst the people I was moaning about for standing in front of me while trying to get to the car park then?;)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
where were u guys watching from.

I was right at the back of the circuit. Loving the porsches going sideways around the hairpin :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
northy said:

I was right at the back of the circuit. Loving the porsches going sideways around the hairpin :D
Various places m8. Down near Cascades at one part, overlooking Knickerbrook another (where that Clio Cup ploughed into the tyre wall) and also at the rear of the pit straight.

DSCN1988.gif

Those Porsche's sounded awesome.... :cool:

D.

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
northy said:

saw you matey, near the vauhall dispaly before lunch, gave you a shout, but you where busy on the blower.

I was there! It was great, will go again. I was right on the other side of the track in that pic when the clio spun out :D

Will post my pics when i get home tonite lol

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
adtmits said:
saw you matey, near the vauhall dispaly before lunch, gave you a shout, but you where busy on the blower.

never saw u mate - should of grabbed me

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Didnt get on TV - but i bloody got sunburnt

Unreal. Was well pink when i got in lol

Ad

MK2 FRS
northy said:
never saw u mate - should of grabbed me

couldnt really... we were on the renault pit walkabout. Maz and an intinery is like a military operation.... lol.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
mine is the black gold 172 with MATT number plate,i seen lee's trophy and quite a few megane 225's,was your 182 a 54 plate with cup packs if so i seen it,i also spotted a liquid v6 it was a 06 plate as i was leaving,did anyone cop for the arsy policeman at the exit who wouldnt let any 1 turn right

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Yeah thats about right for Mike, he never drivers anywhere..... Kelly did mike not offer to drive you there...... thats not very gentleman like of him

Nimbus Clio 197
dont be cheeky! who drove you idiots into town on saturday night....tsk

Matty- yeah how much of a tit was he. he just mouthed "no"!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
matty w said:
mine is the black gold 172 with MATT number plate,i seen lee's trophy and quite a few megane 225's,was your 182 a 54 plate with cup packs if so i seen it,i also spotted a liquid v6 it was a 06 plate as i was leaving,did anyone cop for the arsy policeman at the exit who wouldnt let any 1 turn right

lol that was u....saw u looking a little read faced ;)

he had us backed up for ages letting you lot go lol. must have been sat there 3mins. then we saw u turn up and then u had to stop - we could move !

did u manage to turn right then ?

Honda S2000
krang172 said:
Yeah thats about right for Mike, he never drives anywhere..... Kelly did mike not offer to drive you there...... thats not very gentleman like of him

Nope he didn't offer. He said he wanted to arrive in style and in good time so I should drive ;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
ha ha ha yes very true...... plus you would have no ear drums left if he drove as his exhaust is so loud

The Black Beast
i was in the bat mobile! lol, the clios were lookin very nice infront of mine! i was in the VX racin hospitality suit gettin wined and dined in my suit! lol. i saw a nice blue ph2 vee and a silver ph1 vee and i nearly crashed into a NSX type R cos the ignorant barstard pulled out infront ov me! inches away from demolishin both cars! lol but was a really good day, was really hopin to bump into one ov ya!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
matty w said:

Yours was a 172 with smoked alloys on it? That would be the one then... :cool:

Yep, mine's a '54 plate - I parked it just after that 'hairpin' in the car-park, facing nose first. Bloody policeman stopped me turning where I wanted to go too!

Northy - glad to hear that it wasn't just you that copped it with the sun. I got some right stick at work today for having a red face!!! b******s!

D.

My 172 Cup was parked up near-ish to Lee's Trophy.
She had previously spent the week having a bit of work done with Yozza, who was kind enough to deliver it to Oulton Park for my pickup! Very cool! :)

I was sat looking down onto Cascades & Knickerbrook, did anyone else get to see the oil that was dumped at Cascades during the Formula BMW race. About 10 car's fell off, top stuff!

Also, was it anybody on here in the Cup behind me heading towards Manchester?
Did you see that Nova riiiip it away from the lights!?! Haha, was very funny as he was *4 up but game for a laugh!

Last edited: