ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our new ph1 172

172PH1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
It literally took around 15 mins. Once the shaft is out of the hub clean it up with a wire wheel and just gently tap the new one on evenly all the way round

172PH1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Gave it a good overdue clean whilst in work on Saturday and fitted front and rear wheel spacers. Just need to raise the rear up a tad as it was catching with the little one in and some bits in the boot, but what a difference they make it look
PSX_20220117_065339.jpg

PSX_20220117_065300.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Thats my mates who we was out with

hes not had it long but were looking at booking a track day at oulton park with the clio and his i30n
Ah cool.

I used to own one but got rid of it after 6 months as it was a bit OTT for road use - i'm clocking on now - and it couldn't hold a candle to my Clio Sport 182 on most of the UK circuits.

Decent Ring machine though on those long straights where the Clio is just pants 😂 Horses for courses i guess.

172PH1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
New OMP 300 wheel and boss bought for the Clio. Just need to get the airbag bypass resistor sorted then it can go on

Where are people getting the bypass loom from?
new wheel.jpg
new wheel 2.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Something like THIS
But I saw on another thread that the resistors need to be a certain type (carbon or not carbon??) as they won’t work. I will stand corrected on that. I should know if this is rubbish as I studied physics at uni so did loads of electronics.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Took her for a blast upto the motorist hub in Leeds with Tom in his Mégane and Adam in his yellow Clio sport

Bumped into a lad who parked next to us in his red trophy

I'll hopefully be heading to the Motorist this Saturday for their 'Fabulously French' event in my Phase 1, if it makes it out of the paint shop in time. Would be good to see another Phase 1 there, even if you did just go last weekend!

172PH1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Ahh i forgot it was this saturday, ill be picking my van up from having its engine conversion and exhaust made

KevC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 PH1
Bit of a thread revival but I enjoyed reading that. A lot more effort than the few posts show I'm sure!

@chazza114 pointed me in this direction after seeing my problems with rust. Was that a carbodypanels4u box I saw in one of those pictures? How did you find the quality?