ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overtook 8 TTs in one lap.........

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

What a day!:D Had a Caterham 7 K series Track day today at brands hatch............absolutley wicked.

First task was to weave in and out of cones then do 3 donuts round a single cone and drive back. 2 gos are timed one practise.

2nd task was to do the same but carry on through a small coned track using the 7s rear wheel drive system setting you up for each next turn. again timed.

3rd task was to do donuts for 3 minutes continually round one single cone in the wet!!!!! how funny.

4th task was to do 5 laps of the circuit driving on your own then 5 laps taken round by the instructor.

Well the car itself is stupidly quick and handles like a go-cart, alot alot of fun and i absolutley cained it round the circuit with the rear end flying out round druids corner. The indy circuit was full of 225 TTs and Formula somethings, and while i was driving the Caterham 7 i was passing everything that was in my way. On the straight i overtook 5 TTs then knocked off one by one up the hill and then down to druids, the instuctor seemed to enjoy my driving:) got up to 115mph on the straight which apparently is sometimes hard to achieve in a road going car. Also got the quickest time of the day:D

I managed to get my GF to video all the action and the best bit is me doing donuts with the front wheel milimetres from the cone going round and round and round!!

Had a wicked time and recommend this to anyone for only £99 its a bargin!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/aaronchap/trackday/caterham.jpghttp://members.lycos.co.uk/aaronchap/trackday/caterham2.jpg

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Im from Horsham in West Sussex. About 45mins from BH circuit. I would recommend it, it was great fun.

A friend has a Caterham 7 powered by a Vauxhall (heavily modded) engine. She is the british sprint and hill climb champion and took me out for a spin. Lets just say never again thanks!:sick:

Those Caterhams are great fun and I am very green mate! Glad you had a fantastic day ..........:D

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 27 April 2003

wow! thats sounds soo good! nice one. What engined 7 was it?
It was a 1.8 engine. So it didnt hang about. Coming out of the corners in 4th was amazing, just floored it and the thing just picked up speed so quickly. Give nick turbo mobile a run for its money lol

They are all the fun in the world to drive, Last year i hired a race spec 1.4 superlight and had the privilege of having simon pullan the 2001 caterham superlight eurocup champion instructing me , we were at donnington and it pissed it down all day , which i was glad about they are so much fun in the wet , by the end of the day we were soaked through to the bone, the widscreen wipers are useless when its raining on the inside of the screen. best day on track i have ever .

Glad you had a good day , sound like great value.