ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pay as you go insurance

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Have read something today that a box will be avaliable to buy from norwich union to help young drivers get a better quote for their car insurance

The box costs roughly £199 and you then pay a milage fee when you drive.Its less expensive in the day and more expensive after 8pm because thats when all the little chavs and chavets go out to play in there cars

Its a little "nanny state" for me but if it helps motorists get started then hey give it a go

ian

Ford Fiesta

heard about this last year, sounds a good idea to me. How will they run it though, is the technology there already to run via GPS?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Absolute Joke, Big Brother through the back door.

Wonder how long before it is used by insurance companies use it to avoid paying out on claims. "you were doing 63MPH when you crashed, breaking T&Cs.

Stupid idea if you ask me, bloody expensive as well.

Worked out on average miles it would cost someone like double to insure their car.

They are only doing it to make more / save mroe money.

Itll be billed monthly I heard, just like any other bill you receive - will be great for people like my mum who do about 100 miles a year!

fat 182

i live in Norwich and it was in the local paper what a rip off

4-6 p a mile 7am to 11pm

1-2 POUND a mile 11pm to 7 pm

so it would cost me 20 quid to get home from a night shift

:eek:

don't

its a total rip off

£1 a mile lol, what a joke

soo expensive, what if you want to go on holiday or somewhere accross the country, you want to leave at sat midnight to do a 400 mile journey as roads will be quiet

thats £400 just for 1 day, then what, speeding on the way, no doubt they will design something 2 check that aswell

total ripoff unless u drive about 50 miles a week and none after 11pm