ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/ Consoles] Crysis 2 Official Thread

S3, Polo
'The Wall' Trailer

If this is anything like as good as they are saying it will be, then prepare to be blown away! The CryEngine3 demos do look very impressive IMO.

[fingers firmly crossed]

:)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Re: [PC/ Consoles] Crysis 2

In a couple of magazine previews, it's only received a 2/5 and a 3/5 for expectation level.

Never played the first, mind.

That had better be the console renderings we're looking at because frankly it looks s**t compared to Crysis.

If this turns out to be a watered down console game ported to PC with mediocre visual options, there are going to be SRS f**king repercussions. This NEEDS to follow in the footsteps of its forebear and cripple every high end gaming rig on Earth.

Fact.

Have to say the jungle scenes in Bad Company 2 are pretty awesome and would be surprised if Crysis (on the consoles) could better it.

As Darren said mate it was the console versions I was referring to and my comments still stand:p

Whether the PC version is built from the ground up or ported from the consoles is another matter but I fear the latter in which case...

Let the arguments begin... fanboi stylee... :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=242728

:lolup:

Yeah I saw that but tbh a few FPS isn't going to make much diference on the consoles, the xbox fanboys loved it when the multicraps on the 360 had the edge, now its the other way round it don't make much dfference to uthe PS3 fanboys as they're probably too busy with all the PS3 exclusives anyway;)

What interests me more is will they make a dedicated upscaling PC version like the first or port it over?

I know they are saying they are running two different versions but surely that has to double development costs especially when no one will actually buy the PC version - yet milions will play it ;)

Clio Hybrid / S3

Yeah I saw that but tbh a few FPS isn't going to make much diference on the consoles, the xbox fanboys loved it when the multicraps on the 360 had the edge, now its the other way round it don't make much dfference to uthe PS3 fanboys as they're probably too busy with all the PS3 exclusives anyway;)

What interests me more is will they make a dedicated upscaling PC version like the first or port it over?

I know they are saying they are running two different versions but surely that has to double development costs especially when no one will actually buy the PC version - yet milions will play it ;)

Probably port it over!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Due to the explosion in resource requirements these days (art assets - 3D models, textures, etc.) for a modern game, the majority of those are shared across platforms - hence Xbox360, PS3 and PC will share an awful lot. What those systems do with those is a different matter. For example, I would expect a top-end gaming rig to take their - for example - models and use dynamic tessellation and a multitude of other graphical-magicery whereas the consoles would likely run with lower fidelity assets in the first place.

Programming-wise, I don't see why the PC version should suffer. Both the Xbox360 and PS3 are multiprocessor/multicore systems and modern day games are all written to take advantage of these capabilites (or they should be, although I think Crytek are on the ball here ;)). Hence the PC version will also be making good use of all those extra processors, cores, GPU's et al. Granted, the way in which the execution chains and program flow are threaded amongst those is not necessarily trivial (especially given the architectural differences between the PS3 hardware and that of the Xbx360/PC) but it's doable. I would be surprised if Crytek drop the baton on this one with the PC version.

Personally I will pay dollar for any and all games that I play. I think that the type of people who [are able to] play Crysis on PC, to its maximum at least, will be PC gaming enthusiasts who will buy the game. Playing Crysis through again and again on ever improving hardware was part of the fun. The CoDs, while they are awesome, are rinsed out of the box on ultra everything by a top end PC. Great in one way but no fun in another. Crysis is a PC game at heart and I really hope they remain true to the original ethos with the PC version.

Crysis said:
No matter what hardware you have, there is a setting or a tweak, or an enabling of more AA&AF or higher resolution, that will f**k your system in its ass and bring it to its knees. Play me again when there is better hardware available. How d'ya like them apples?
:cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Personally I will pay dollar for any and all games that I play. I think that the type of people who [are able to] play Crysis on PC, to its maximum at least, will be PC gaming enthusiasts who will buy the game. Playing Crysis through again and again on ever improving hardware was part of the fun. The CoDs, while they are awesome, are rinsed out of the box on ultra everything by a top end PC. Great in one way but no fun in another. Crysis is a PC game at heart and I really hope they remain true to the original ethos with the PC version.

:cool:

I really hope so too, Royston. If they don't I'll happily tag along with you to cap the development team off.

Consoles = dilution. Let them have their 'console exclusives' and stick with them. But they can GTFO when they start encroaching on PC territory and watering down the interfaces with gamepad-shat and limited graphics options. Arsewipes. :rasp:

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I can see the potential for my savings account being hit hard.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Consoles = dilution. Let them have their 'console exclusives' and stick with them. But they can GTFO when they start encroaching on PC territory and watering down the interfaces with gamepad-shat and limited graphics options. Arsewipes. :rasp:

D.
:lolup:

Whether you're an avid PC gamer or not, the truth is they are aiming for a large slice of where the money is... and that's currently in console sales. Mind you, I'd still opt for the PC version. :D

Fiesta ST

PC > Console

+1

NG Consoles have been out awhile now and I reckon we are starting to hit the limit on what they can do. The PC will continual to evolve and will really start to show the NG Consoles their age.

When are the next consoles due out? A rather long time I suspect. PC Games will get bigger and better over the next few years leaving the consoles for dead. PC sales are still huge but we don't see the result due to Steam etc not releasing figures so although the Retail sales drop for PC I think most people buy digital downloads these days.

Their is still a hell of a lot of PC Gamers out there around the world.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah, agreed... I prefer a high-end gaming PC to the current gen consoles but the consoles also have their place. You can't really compare them to PC's though. PC's can easily be evolved and benefit from new and improved upgrades as they come to market (and at a price agreeable with the buyers wallet) - but that's not the point behind consoles. The beauty is that they are a fixed platform (which benefits the developers because, believe me, there are times when getting a game working across PC's that have numerous configurations is a real pain!) and they are cheaper to buy, plus they are more geared towards the main gaming demographic. PC will always be king regardless but I just think it's a bit misleading to put them head-to-head against consoles.

Minimum System Requirements

OS – Windows XP or Windows Vista
Processor – 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
Memory – 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Video Card –256 MB**
Hard Drive – 12GB
Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible

* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.
** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements

OS – Windows XP / Vista
Processor – Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory – 2.0 GB RAM
GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

Looks like I can play recommended! :D