ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Porter Cable Polisher Importing Guide

yeh scratch x and 4" hard pads work well, i removed some deep marks from other car, but it is sometimes better to do bird lime with hand and alot of rubbing (with scratch x) , although the paint was softer.

the sfx polishes are worth ago, and there only $6 ish when bought with pads, if you get sfx 1 get to though

http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/son-410.htmlSFX 1 HERE

yup I could do. My only fear with Scratch X is that it is designed to be applied by hand and I have seen quite a lot of micro-scratches/marring even when applied by hand with this stuff.

Mind you I didnt clay bar the surface first (laziness) so that could have been the reason.

Quote: Originally posted by cheechy on 18 July 2005

yup I could do. My only fear with Scratch X is that it is designed to be applied by hand and I have seen quite a lot of micro-scratches/marring even when applied by hand with this stuff.

Mind you I didnt clay bar the surface first (laziness) so that could have been the reason.
scratch x doesnt usually produce marring, the marring comes from bad prep, or wrong applicator, how did you apply ? this guide is good for scratch x app by hand http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1516CLICKY

106 GTi

Under halogen the Scratch X seems to break down nicely without inducing any micro marring,make sure you are working it long enough so it breaks down into a fine finishing polish, work it till it almost gone. when I tried the same on some marks on the back bumper off my Clio with AG Paint renovater it left very very fine Micro scratchs. They polished out straight away with Super resin though.

I applied with a foam applicator - I think it was ust bad prep. Ive only just used a clay bar on the A3 for the first time and there was plenty of rubbish on the surface of the car - even though Ive been waxing and using cleaner fluid from new.

Ill try again! :)

Cheechy you may also want to try ssr 3 as this has slightly more cut than ssr 2.5. Alternativly if you do buy the mezerna polishes you could always split with some of us lot!

Ive asked ranney for a price on this and some other bits and pieces. Unfortunate that the exchange rate isnt what it was but it will probably still turn out to be cheaper.

No Pakshak group buys on the go just now then?

Ranney got back to me with prices for a list of stuff I was after. Looks like he has cut back on the good discounts he was giving us as he could only go to 10% this time around. Disappointing and it looks like I wont be going for it this time given the exchange rate is not as good as well :(

I hear Clean and Shiny are to start stocking SSR so I may go to John - although as usual it may be a pounds for dollars conversion! ($1=£1). Well see though as no prices are up yet.

106 GTi

Think I am going to grab the SSRs from Alex at SP and will do a smaller order just for some MFS and the Menzerna from Ranney next month. What discount was he doing before? Im sure Brazo said he does the better discounts on the MF bits?

Im sure it more like 25% before - the difference was very noticable.

I hear that there may be a UK based distributor on the horizon so this may be the reasoning behind this.

This is speculation from my part obviously.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Right guys, wonder if anyone can help me out here.

Ive read through all the info and ive decided to but a PC to tidy up my Black/Gold 182.

Few questions i have are

1. Looking to buy the Sonus DAS Polisher Kit from Autopia at $179.95 what you guys think?

2. Will i be hit with a big customs charge, heard different stories about this, can anyone confirm.

3. Heard there maybe a discount code flying about, anyone send it my way ta!

4. Anything else i should order from Autopia while i get the PC?

Finally, i know i need the transformer etc from
Screwfix but is there anything else i need to know?

Ive done quite a bit of reading about this PC malarky so i know some stuff about it.

Cheers fellas:)

1. Ive got this kit but tend to use the 4" spot pads more as I prefer the control you get with them, but seeing as its only $30 more its probably worth getting.

2. Ive ordered alot of stuff from Autopia and they always put a very low price for the products on the customs form. They generally put $5 for waxes/polish etc and $25 for the PC.

3. You can use this link http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+te6Zmk+index.html+CLIOSPORThttp://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+te6Zmk+index.html+CLIOSPORT to order and use the code ABC (thats what I use). Can also check the good deals section on the Autopia.org forum, there is usually discount codes there too.

4. I ordered some of the SFX Polishes but it depends what you intend to use it for. Megs #83 is on sale so maybe that is worth getting. Klasse All-in-One is a good product too.

All you need from Screwfix is a Transformer, new 3 pin plug and an extension lead.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Cheers solaar and 182_blue;)

Will order very soon now ive got all the relevent info.

Ta fellas:D

Quote: Originally posted by Leo182 on 10 August 2005

Cheers solaar and 182_blue;)

Will order very soon now ive got all the relevent info.

Ta fellas:D
let me know when your ordering, and i can get the latest code/ or offers for you

Renaultsport 220T

182_blue, cheers mate, followed your guide, imported PC from Autopia. All arrived three days later. Excellent service. First coat of polish is on today! PC is excellent piece of kit! The Black_gold really comes up stunning. Some P21s going on tomorrow, weather permitting.

:D

[Edited by 182WRC on 8/20/2005 9:59:13 PM]

Mégane RS

Has anyone used one of these on a silver clio? ive seen lots of pictures on racing blue clios. Pictures please

mattieuk has got a silver car, and he has a pc, his car looks mint , i saw it the other night, pm him for pics, i have to say the paint looked amazing, far better than any other silver 172 i have seen

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 30 August 2005Its still imported R-Jay £50 postage :eek:

Yeah just seen :(

Thought it was to good to be true!

Clio 1.4, SV650S

mmm i want. £128 for the bits im looking at.

Dont suppose there is anyone in swindon area willing to loan a PC polisher for the weekend... crate of beer in it for you!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Mine left the US last night. looking forward to givin the car a realy good clean, might need some help understanding all the diff colour pads when it arrives tho lol.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8
Re: Archived Post from old forum

cleaning the pads???
anybody got any tips or a link??? save me trawling??

Mate try autopia-carcare.com. Thats where I got my PC and spare pad set. They are based in the States, but the service is excellent.

Mate, Just realised I miss read your post. Dohhh.
I clean mine in a warm bucket of water with a bit of washing up liquid.