ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Reviews should start filtering out today. Mind you, I don't know how they're going to score it. Single player? They're using dedicated EA servers to test and review the multiplayer, but as we all know you need a lot of time online to give an honest assessment.

Will be interesting.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
IGN's review :

Presentation: 8.0 The multiplayer’s robust, the browser-based launcher works well, but those who don’t play online won’t find much meat in the other modes.

Graphics: 9.5 Frostbite 2 shines in multiplayer, single-player, and co-op.

Sound: 9.5 You’ll hear every bullet whizzing by your head, and the crash of rubble all around you.

Gameplay:8.5 Traversing the enormous world feels great, on foot or in a vehicle, but the single-player’s quicktime events are just lame.

Lasting Appeal: 9.5 Multiplayer unlocks will keep you chasing the dragon for months.

Final: 9.0

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
IGN : 9/10
GameInformer : 9.5/10
GameStar : 9.3/10
GameSpy : 5/5
Joystick : 4.5/5
Gametrailers : 9.2/10

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I certainly won't be buying, that's for certain.

Average of 93% from 14 reviews so far, but Gamereactor Sweden have scored it an 8, most probably Single Player game only. That's my lot, DICE. That's my lot.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Seriously though, how f*cking difficult is it going to be spotting snipers in that grass? Jesus.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
yeah agree, with these open maps we'll b getting picked off like fly's. no doubt it will be annoying sometimes

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
mentioned on youtube about ep 4 but cant see it

allways do the opp what the guy in front does, if he goes left you go right.

never noticed after watching the knife kill he spins the knife in his hand, lol class

Mk2 ph1 clio
You'll come crawling back to COD, when you realise me and Sy are having many "LOL"ing sessions without you.

COD will have to have something pretty amazing in it thats been kept 100 secret so far.

BF3 has shat all ovedr whats been released so far!

Walked by Game earlier on and seen all the mid-night launch posters... reaaaally can't wait now!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Gonna, go pick it up and sell my tesco copy i think.

There's a sainsburys near us, will that deal be on or was it just online?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I would buy BF3 but i don't get mega time to play games and i feel more comfortable with the cod game style tbh. Don't have room for both but i reckon I may get into it in the future maybe... but doubt it. Purely a time reason.

I would buy BF3 but i don't get mega time to play games and i feel more comfortable with the cod game style tbh. Don't have room for both but i reckon I may get into it in the future maybe... but doubt it. Purely a time reason.

Thats one of my concerns too, from what I have seen... BF3 is more in depth for multi player, MW3 is pick up and play anytime!

Thats one of my concerns too, from what I have seen... BF3 is more in depth for multi player, MW3 is pick up and play anytime!

Same for me, with mw2 can pick up and have quick game or lengthy session, i really like mw2 as a game and like fact this ooks like it will be same

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
For you die hard BF2 fans... can you just jump straight in to games without giving serious time aside?!

I've put the 360 on many occasions and played a couple of Conquest games then switched off.

It's great, but you do and will put plenty of hours in ranking up and unlocking stuff. I think the rank cap is 145 this time. It was only 50 on BC2 and I got to 36 after 300 hours or so.

Crazy.