ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC World/Tech Guys Jokers?

Clio
My mate had his PC sent in to PC World about a year ago after it was making a strange noise. Anyway, today I went to his house because he was having problems with the computer again.

When I opened it up I found the grill for the PSU had been put back on with two, one inch wood screws!!!
Which had completely torn the thread where the original screws should go.
They had also snapped two blades from the fan for the PSU!

How do these people get their jobs?

Clio 182FF
My advise - if you can't build your own, buy Dell or Apple!

Dell's support is alright, but in our business we've had Dell machines that run 24/7 for over 6 years and they're still going!!

VaVa
My advise - if you can't build your own, buy Dell or Apple!

Dell's support is alright, but in our business we've had Dell machines that run 24/7 for over 6 years and they're still going!!

Ditto. Bought a Dell for myself in 2001 - Sold it to a mate a couple of years ago and it's still going strong.

We have Dells at work. We have 9 terminals in our workshop, running SCADA, CMMS programs etc aswell as being used for the usual stuff and have had no hardware related problems in 5 years. Seem very reliable. They're pretty standard spec mind.

I might have a go at building my own next time round.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Another vote for Dell. If you can't be arsed to build your own, want someone to come out and fix it when it's broke but overall, not to break in the first place (on the whole!) then Dell are a good shout now. Their hardware has moved on from the days of people's hate and it really is just muppets now who hold that against them - a couple I know included!

DMS

A thirsty 172
Another +1 for Dell.
Even my own PC is a Dell (although I won it in 2004, and haven't needed to upgrade since).

Shed.
I would definately use Dell if i were buying for business use or expanding a business, all relativly cheap and usually have no problems from what ive heard.

BMW F31
^^ +1

we use dells here too, very good machines and support is awesome!

Hp's are meant to be very good too?