ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
6358357987_8ea12be8db_b.png

Anyone know where I can find the guy who requested this? They nearly killed Lydia! lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had one on my head from the witch, Anise, that I killed after looting her house. How she got a bounty on my head I'll never know, but then she was a witch, afterall.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
f**k you all and your "we'll abandon K&M and use a gamepad" attitudes...

You're a disgrace to the PC gaming community.

K&M fo' lyfe.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
He wouldn't admit to putting out the contract so he got popped. I'm surprised he can actually die tbh.
Oh well, I have my own lab now :rasp:

6358437709_bfcd857c8b_b.png

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
No weight, inertia or acceleration. It feels like an entirely digital experience. Artificial.

Hmmm, I've not noticed any of that. I've come from playing Oblivion which feels exactly the same to me so maybe that's why I can get along with it.

Nobody disturb him, He's sleeping. ;)

6358466505_3d6bf692c8_b.png

Ok cheers but I'm not tweaking a game just so the controls feel half decent. Better with a steering wheel yeah? Lol

360 pad is perfect for this game.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
He wouldn't admit to putting out the contract so he got popped. I'm surprised he can actually die tbh.
Oh well, I have my own lab now :rasp:

Was there dialogue to ask the question? When I tried to confront the bloke that hired thugs on me there was no dialogue to ask him why etc?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Was there dialogue to ask the question? When I tried to confront the bloke that hired thugs on me there was no dialogue to ask him why etc?

Nope, no dialogue. I went out hunting and when I came back his body had gone. :eek: lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I couldn't ask Anise if she'd put a contract on my head either.

Probably because she was dead. I don't f*ck about.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Ok cheers but I'm not tweaking a game just so the controls feel half decent. Better with a steering wheel yeah? Lol

360 pad is perfect for this game.

Roy... you ALWAYS go on about how you f**king love the fact you can tweak the s**t out of everything on PC games... now you say you're not bothering to tweak the controls?

WTF is wrong with you?! You use a control pad for 1 day and you're rapidly falling to the dark side.

Save yourself before its too late.

Nah. I don't tweak controls beyond what's available in menus. This game is designed to be played with a pad, man. It's that simply really. Works well. Don't worry, K&M will always be best for shooters, but this isn't really a shooter.

FYI it's not exactly like "one day" pmsl. I use pads for my consoles, and I've had one for my PCs since forever. In fact I used third party drivers to get the OLD xbox controller working. Games like Tomb Raider and s**t need pads. I'm only a SRS K&M advocate for shooters.

Also;

WTF. I have the option of killing that bloke in the cave, or betraying the serving wench. The one with scars on her face and a price on her head. Dunno what to do lol :eek:

Last edited:
  DCi
i know what you mean about no weight on the mouse although i always turn my sensitvity up to silly settings because im so used to it from playing CoD online on PC... i like it that way

pads are never accurate enough for me

i know what you mean about no weight on the mouse although i always turn my sensitvity up to silly settings because im so used to it from playing CoD online on PC... i like it that way

pads are never accurate enough for me

Me too. I usually have my mouse speed quite fast. Enough to do a 180 without lifting it. The problem in Skyrim is that there is no acceleration. No feeling of inertia. Same with WASD. It all feels so digital and instantaneous. It's not a failing of K&M, it's a failing of how it's implemented in this game. For me at least. Anyway it doesn't matter because it plays very well with a pad. I agree about the accuracy, but TBH it's not really needed for swinging swords around. I agree though that for archery K&M must be better.

The important thing is that we all have the choice. The game is amazing, and worth playing in whichever way you prefer. I've just rounded off some quest stuff nicely, and am about to embark on an epic journey to a shrine, miles away on some snow capped mountain, and the only reason I know about it is because I got off my horse in the middle of the wilderness and spoke to a random dude, who told me about it. Incredible game!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Nah. I don't tweak controls beyond what's available in menus. This game is designed to be played with a pad, man. It's that simply really. Works well. Don't worry, K&M will always be best for shooters, but this isn't really a shooter.

FYI it's not exactly like "one day" pmsl. I use pads for my consoles, and I've had one for my PCs since forever. In fact I used third party drivers to get the OLD xbox controller working. Games like Tomb Raider and s**t need pads. I'm only a SRS K&M advocate for shooters.

Also;

WTF. I have the option of killing that bloke in the cave, or betraying the serving wench. The one with scars on her face and a price on her head. Dunno what to do lol :eek:

Betray her. He has 5 guards, and they will all be much stronger than you. I learnt this the hard way

Thanks man. I already learnt it the hard way too!

Such a biblical game! Some way to be introduced to the genre. Plus, my PC is just pwnting it. Very very rarely does it dip below 60fps on ultra at 1920x1200.

DCi
i did not find out the hard way because my approach to the quest was... women... probably means she is lying

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
I'm also finding the game amazing now. 1 hour in I was like "hmmmm", 2 hours "pfffft", 3 hours "Ok...", 4 hours "f**k yea that was ace!"

It's got loads of flaws, but that is to be expected given the scope. I just crashed my horse again :(

I was meant to be going out tonight but it got cancelled, and my second thought was "oh, at least I can play some Skyrim".

Hyper-geek :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else having some real issues with the interface on this? I'm having a hell of a time simply dropping equipment! I know on Oblivion, you held down shift and then clicked on the item you wanted to drop and it did it. Not so on this.

It says 'R' drops stuff. It doesn't for me. The favourites thing as well seems weird - I can't get that right.

Seems a very clumsy interface imo - certainly not slick and self-explanatory.

edit - not sure if its been mentioned as well. Those people having regular drops from the Steam version - simply run the game direct from the .exe within the \\steamapps\common\skyrim folder. It's not crashed on me once since doing that.

D.

Anyone else having some real issues with the interface on this? I'm having a hell of a time simply dropping equipment! I know on Oblivion, you held down shift and then clicked on the item you wanted to drop and it did it. Not so on this.

It says 'R' drops stuff. It doesn't for me. The favourites thing as well seems weird - I can't get that right.

Seems a very clumsy interface imo - certainly not slick and self-explanatory.

D.

Yep. You need to start using a 360 controller. It is not a K&M game.

DCi
I've only had one drop when I tried to do a glitchy fast travel.

The only other sign of console port I've had is when I'm on a speech menu or smithing menu etc sometimes the focus gets stuck on one option and when I move the mouse onto the next bit of speech and click it plays the last bit of speech because the last bit got stuck highlighted.

You sort of have to move the mouse up and down the menu to remind the game that means I want to select something else!

Generally though I am pretty lucky with most games and don't seem to suffer too many bugs/crashes/etc

(hello jinx)

Roy I seem to remember you not being sure about getting this game, as it wasn't usually your type of thing?

I'm in the same situation, never really experience these type of games before, dragons and stuff, but you seem to be really enjoying it now?
Worth a punt you reckon?

Roy I seem to remember you not being sure about getting this game, as it wasn't usually your type of thing?

I'm in the same situation, never really experience these type of games before, dragons and stuff, but you seem to be really enjoying it now?
Worth a punt you reckon?

Yes. GET. IT.

It is astonishingly good.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Saints Row looks absolute s**t, they've gone too far with the zanyness

I did the entire imperial legion quest line last night, was f**king ace

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Definitely K+M for me, the pad feels awful.

I'm getting annoyed with the crashes to desktop though, I hadn't had any then the latest patch seems to have caused them for me. I've had two already today, the last of which cost me my 4th dragon kill :(

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely K+M for me, the pad feels awful.

I'm getting annoyed with the crashes to desktop though, I hadn't had any then the latest patch seems to have caused them for me. I've had two already today, the last of which cost me my 4th dragon kill :(

Did you try the thing where you change the sound preferences? I've not had a single CTD since I changed the setting