ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Question. Say I go somewhere on my trusty steed. I then carry on by foot, maybe fast travel somewhere. I forget where I left my horse. How would I ever find it again?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Question. Say I go somewhere on my trusty steed. I then carry on by foot, maybe fast travel somewhere. I forget where I left my horse. How would I ever find it again?

I'm pretty sure it will be outside the nearest stable.

I buckled, Going to purchase this in a min. Getting it on Xbox coz doubt my PC will be able to handle it at anything other than low settings.
Never played a game like this before, but looking forward to it!

DCi
the most annoying thing about this game is getting half way through a dungeon, walking into a room with about half a dozen enemies who kick my ass then realising i haven't pressed quick save and im off to the beginning of the dungeon again :( oops

the most annoying thing about this game is getting half way through a dungeon, walking into a room with about half a dozen enemies who kick my ass then realising i haven't pressed quick save and im off to the beginning of the dungeon again :( oops

I managed to get myself into a situation that was impossible to get out of. Literally impossible to complete the quest. Not enough skill or powers etc. I had to load a really old save just to get me back out into Skyrim. The moral of that story being never delete saves.

Darren. I just launch my game from the Steam library. No CTD in any case.

Evo 5 RS
Jumped on the machine last night and thought id do a couple rounds of BF3. One round later and I thought...nah rimming time. It's brilliant

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to get myself into a situation that was impossible to get out of. Literally impossible to complete the quest. Not enough skill or powers etc. I had to load a really old save just to get me back out into Skyrim. The moral of that story being never delete saves.

Darren. I just launch my game from the Steam library. No CTD in any case.

Not me unfortunately. :(

It seems to fail within 20mins - but the other day I loaded the save, turned 180 and bam - straight back to the Steam library screen. Touch-wood it's been ok without using the launcher directly.

It's weird how it doesn't generate any errors or CTD messages. Giving rise to the belief that it is actually the Steam front-end itself that's got the issue and not Skyrim.

D.

DCi
If you get to the boss called 'The Caller' she is the first person I've had to go through my potions etc and go 'what would be good here to get her'

rather than 'charge... slash... argghhhhh!'

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
For what its worth the start to the game really put me off, but things get better and better, hang in there.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
As mentioned earlier I'm struggling with certain markers. I competed a quest for it to begin another one but there's no marker. I need to "assist jarl bargruuf with the dragon threat", but as I said, there's no marker. No idea where to go, is it a bug?

For what its worth the start to the game really put me off, but things get better and better, hang in there.

Ah cheers mate. I mean obviously too soon to gain a proper judgement of it for me.
I'll have a bash on it tomorrow when Im more in the mood. I started as a Nord. Wasn't sure about any of the others so just started normal :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
f**k you all and your "we'll abandon K&M and use a gamepad" attitudes...

You're a disgrace to the PC gaming community.

K&M fo' lyfe.

I would agree, if K&M wasn't so s**t in this game. Fallout 3 was the same.

Lol. We all know that K&M rulez for 90% of the time. But honestly, I'm scratching my head in thinking what Bethesda did to the PC inputs in order to break it?

It defaults to 'R' to drop kit - except that doesn't work. Yet kill an enemy and search the body - then the 'R' key works fine in you transferring unwanted to kit to the dead body.

Why guys? Seriously - why? Did you not try this with K&M yourselves? Or did you all just wuss out and used a gamepad instead? Worringly, BF3 suffers from a similar issue. Is this the sign of the times where developers purposely break keyboard inputs, simply because they can't be arsed making them correct in the first place?

Weird. Introducing a problem into games that has never been there in the first place.

D.

Jay - so if you go into your inventory and press 'R' it drops whatever item is highlighted?

Cheers,
D.

Yep. As demonstrated in this screenshot. Each book/other item was dropped using 'R' in the inventory, cos i'm too cheap to buy all the furniture and too lazy to arrange all my items :cool:

1321795694.png

Noob question, I've only just started.
When your at the blacksmith, and you use a piece of equipment, it brings up a list of items and you press x to craft, how do you know when its done?
Coz you press x and the list stays up, but if you press be he stops crafting?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
PMSL - I couldn't give a bloke a beer in this. Every key I pressed either made my character drink it!

A question for the people who's works fine - if you change the drop key to something different like 'P' - does the in-game key that's displayed in the lower-left change to 'P' as well? Or does it just stay on 'R'?

I have the bizarre situation that to search an item/body is the Delete key. To exit out of that screen, I have to press either Backspace or Tab. The delete key alone won't do it - lol.

How should the Favourites thing work too? I take it that you're supposed to fast-switch between say a weapon and shield combo, to a bow and aroow at the press of a key?

D.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
PMSL - I couldn't give a bloke a beer in this. Every key I pressed either made my character drink it!

A question for the people who's works fine - if you change the drop key to something different like 'P' - does the in-game key that's displayed in the lower-left change to 'P' as well? Or does it just stay on 'R'?

I have the bizarre situation that to search an item/body is the Delete key. To exit out of that screen, I have to press either Backspace or Tab. The delete key alone won't do it - lol.

How should the Favourites thing work too? I take it that you're supposed to fast-switch between say a weapon and shield combo, to a bow and aroow at the press of a key?

D.

With regards to your favourites you just add a few items in there, (e.g. Bow, Sword and Axe), then when you press Q your favourite menu is right there for quick switching.

I've had no problems dropping items with "R". Just make sure you mouse is highlighted over the item then press R.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The interface is sh*te, really spoils the game, my sprint key wouldn't work for ages then all of a sudden works fine.

DCi
i went into a dungeon and killed a dragon... i got 5 dragon bones but it makes me wellllll overweight, i thought i'll try and crawl through the whole place but i think i'm going to have to abandon them :(

D.

I think if you rebind any keys, the onscreen buttons do not change. So if you change drop to something other than 'R', it'll still say to press R on your screen! There's a mod to fix it; http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=368

Favourites - just displays items in another list when you press Q. However if you press a number key while in the favourites menu, then you can hotkey them.

i went into a dungeon and killed a dragon... i got 5 dragon bones but it makes me wellllll overweight, i thought i'll try and crawl through the whole place but i think i'm going to have to abandon them :(

This is the only reason I take a companion with me. Give them all your s**t to carry :approve:

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404

D.

Have you got the latest update? Alot of my buttons didn't work before the update, including spinning items in my inventory.

Evo 5 RS
How are you fellas finding all these bugs lol? Im level 23 and there's been a couple for me, nothing that spoils it. Bar the UI in general but got used to it.