ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Dunno. I'm pretty s**t. Only level 22. He was good, very good, but more than a few times I found myself doing better work than him, and when you're being forced to reload just to bring him back from the dead, it's time to forget the c**t.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
He hasn't died on mine once. I've given him pretty decent armour mind. Followers can only be killed by you or stray magic/attack as once they go into low energy mode (kneeling on the ground), the enemy won't purposely attack them.

Just got my 3rd Dragon Priest mask on my travels. Found a temple called Ragnvald which is just north east of Markath. Think the priest was called Otar. His mask wasn't good enough to make me remove the mask of Krosis, but 5 more to go.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Luke, give it a chance. You don't HAVE to go anywhere that's the point. Activate the quest you want in the start menu and then follow the marker at the top.

Give the game a chance, I wasn't keen at first (not my sort of thing) but I love it, hard

Tbh Rob, I just don't have a clue what I'm doing! I've got to Rivertown thing, did the Golden Bear Claw thing (which was quite fun tbh) and then tried to get to another town and 3 guards attack me. Cant' beat them, lol.

Goliath I
I'm about 6 hours into this haven't done a single quest! Lol

Started making the ling trek to the College of Winterhold to boost my magic.

Only on level 2, does your archery increase?

Nothing at the mo :(
I'm about 6 hours into this haven't done a single quest! Lol

Started making the ling trek to the College of Winterhold to boost my magic.

Only on level 2, does your archery increase?

you do know if you click on the bloke outside the big cities in the horse/cart he will face track you to any city for a very small fee

DCi
finally got the dragon armour

incase you want a surprise or something idk:
fully enchanted, all legendary :D and an ebony sword to go with it
1zdu6xi.gif

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Can't get to grips with this at all. I'm s**t and keep on dying. Will be traded in on Monday, lol.

Give it a chance. If you're in a level 1 or 2 and trying to tear a giant a new arsehole, then you will get bummed. Repeatedly. The knack is to take on the easy quests initially and the game is pretty good at steering you that way first. Chat to people - see if they have an issue with a small group of bandits or something. You'll soon develop the character and get into the swing of it. :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
No idea how you make them wear other stuff.

You should have more direct control over what they use - ALL the time in this. Any RPG worth its salt has had fully customizable inventory screens for your character and party for decades now. Keep chucking stuff at your companion in the vain hope that they will equip it, or removing kit from them so that they have no other choice than to use what you give them, is lame in 2011. Lydia keeps favouring the two-handed stuff, even though it's only marginally more powerful than the mace and shield combo that she could have. Silly.

D.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Give it a chance. If you're in a level 1 or 2 and trying to tear a giant a new arsehole, then you will get bummed. Repeatedly. The knack is to take on the easy quests initially and the game is pretty good at steering you that way first. Chat to people - see if they have an issue with a small group of bandits or something. You'll soon develop the character and get into the swing of it. :)

D.

I've been playing it today since half ten, lol. I figured out that the people that were 'attacking' me wanted to talk, and only beat the s**t out of me because I tried to set the on fire. Figures.

Enjoying it a bit more now, discovered the Companions and doing some quests for them. Will try to stick with it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren, have you set up the two quick selects? On the L&R on the dpad?

I've got mine at the moment so that left arms a bow, then right arms a healing spell left hand and whatever the last spell I left in my right was...

Make it's quite fluid, so at the moment, I press right, run in, conjure demora lord, heal if necesary, press left, start bumming them with arrows, then press right again, and either change the demora for an offensive spell or whatever...

Pretty sure Darren uses K&M. Not surprised he finds it clunky. It's rubbish in this game. I've said it 'til I'm blue in the face lol.

Xbox pad FTW!

I do indeed. I would be s**t-useless with a pad on this - can't aim with those and archery would be a joke.

The inventory/quick select stuff is simply weird - it really is. On the PC version, you can make any item in your inventory a favourite. Once added to the favourite list, you can then assign a quick-key number to it. However, quick keys only assign weapons and spells, not shields. So if I select the sword and shield combo I have in my favourites list - I get exactly that - a shield and sword combo. If I assign the number 3 quick key to the sword for example and press it, it gives me the sword and seemingly anything else that's random on the favourites list in the left hand, like Flames or Heal, etc. And as shields can't be seen in the favourites list, I can't assign the sword and shield in quick select.

There are many good ideas for the inventory in this game, but they are very poorly implemented and frustrating to use. I have the game telling me that 'R' is the key to craft or drop things. It isn't, it's '/' on mine - though sometimes its the return key. I have 'Q' for the quick menu, but have the Enter key and the Backspace key for other menu/inventory screens. Even 50 hours in, it just doesn't feel right and very disjointed...

D.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ok, so I'm getting into this now. My horse is a pita though, it gets in the way! I accidently just turned it into a crab with the Wabbajack when I was trying to shoot a Sabretooth cat thing. Lol!

I accidently just turned it into a crab with the Wabbajack when I was trying to shoot a Sabretooth cat thing.

LOL. The Wabbajack is amusing to use.

The horses are a PITA at times though. Now things are getting a bit more serious (I just hit level 40) some people just butcher my horse instantly if it tries to get involved. Some Pyromancer I met in the wilds just butchered him with one fireball - Cue a reload.

I'm just accumulating shouts at the moment. I've now hit 100 in archery and am 95 or so in smithing so I'm getting to the point where I've done what I want to do with this character. I'll probably finish the main quests and call it a day for a while... then restart with a new character. Either a 2 handed tank or a mage. Not decided yet.

Just started enchanting my own stuff now. In an effort to level up my enchantment I'm buying job lots of shoes, going away and enchanting them then returning to the shop to sell them. The enchantments are the shittiest ones imaginable but if you don't factor in the cost of the soul gems (which were free anyway - empty gems from dwarven automatons, filled with the souls of wolves and mudcrabs) I'm actually turning a profit on it! Just hit level 55 enchanting and I'm still waaaay off being able to enchant stuff as good as the s**t I find. Might need some of the perks or summat.

I've got Metro 2033 ready to go (yeah yeah I think I'm gonna like it so STFU) but each and every time I sit down at my PC, all I can think of is Skyrim. FFS.

Fiesta ST-3
That's amazing!

So errr... Yeah, skyrim is the best game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. 51 hours in, level 36 with loaaaaddddssss left to do. I think what's made the game for me is stopping fast travelling and just exploring. I'm in no rush to complete it, so I'm going to make the most of it I think.

Truly epic.