ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
This just arrived through my door, it's definately going to finish off my xbox, lol.

Any pointers before I start? I don't even know why I bought this, I sold Fallout: NV as I got so pissed off with how s**t my character was :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The interface still gripes every now and then - VERY clunky and the stop/start/stop/start method is the only way to progress when battles get busy.

I SOOOOOOO wish there was a command to issue to the companion to GTF behind you and not charge suicidally into the death-dealing minions in front. The amount of times I've killed Lydia when lining-up for a perfect head-shot with a bow - and the stupid b**ch charges in front and gets arrow'd. Godammit woman!

D.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Darren, have you set up the two quick selects? On the L&R on the dpad?

I've got mine at the moment so that left arms a bow, then right arms a healing spell left hand and whatever the last spell I left in my right was...

Make it's quite fluid, so at the moment, I press right, run in, conjure demora lord, heal if necesary, press left, start bumming them with arrows, then press right again, and either change the demora for an offensive spell or whatever...

Pretty sure Darren uses K&M. Not surprised he finds it clunky. It's rubbish in this game. I've said it 'til I'm blue in the face lol.

Xbox pad FTW!

FYI I eventually managed to fix the bricked marriage quest by loading an earlier save and restarting it.

So much want for this game ATM.

You don't know the half it!

If you had bought it before now and knew how good it is, you'd have bought it before now and know how good it is.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
So...

I got out of the caves, saw a rabbit and chased it for ages, fought 3 bandits and have no idea where I'm meant to be going. Lol!

AK

M240i
FYI I eventually managed to fix the bricked marriage quest by loading an earlier save and restarting it.

You don't know the half it!

If you had bought it before now and knew how good it is, you'd have bought it before now and know how good it is.

That makes complete sense.

I hate waiting.

LOL. Literally the most broken game ever to be released to market. Now it's pointing me towards a satchel that has nothing in it.

4th bricked quest.

Pathetic.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just got the 25k house in Solitude for nothing, using the exploit ;)

Not paying that much for it. Got all the decorations for nothing too.

Anyone done the Break of Dawn quest? You have to retrieve a beacon for Meridia at her statue. Pretty cool. Got a nice sword at the end of it too.

Just improved my Daedric bow as well. Damage is now at 137 :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I like the way exploit is the new word for cheat :(

Definitely not a cheat. No codes or anything, just using clever magic...

Agree to pay for house, quickly go to cupboard, put all gold in cupboard, get house key, remove gold.

Intelligence 100.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Can't get to grips with this at all. I'm s**t and keep on dying. Will be traded in on Monday, lol.

LOL at an 'exploit' not being a cheat. Of course it's a cheat. An exploit is an unintentional cheat.

Anyone willingly using exploits is cheating. Fact.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL at an 'exploit' not being a cheat. Of course it's a cheat. An exploit is an unintentional cheat.

Anyone willingly using exploits is cheating. Fact.

Who am I cheating? The guy selling me the house? That's his own fault for not looking where I'm putting the gold. I'm exploiting him.

It would have been cheating had I conjured or entered a code to make a wardrobe appear so I could stash my loot. It's already there, so I'm exploiting that. Silly Bethesda. Even though they are aware of it.

I'd still have 38k left anyway, but being a master sneak and pickpocket now I'm just blending into character :cool:

Nothing at the mo :(
exploit is cheating.. you are doing something on the game which the designers/developers did not want people to do for gain = cheating

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
How do you find out how long you have been playing for ?

Also anyone else find the dark brotherhood quest too short ? Iam listener already !

This game is killing me. I fired it up at about 10am this morning. Just shut it down now. Fuckin Saturday night and I'm indoors playing wizards and goblins. How cool is that?! I'll probably hit 100 hours tomorrow.

Was just gonna have a quick crack at the Imperial Vs Stormcloak missions. Started those, got sidetracked, got sidetracked off my sidetrack, got back on track on the Imperial missions now with a legendary Daedric bow. Just finished em now. To make it more interesting and to get into character I put all my fancy gear into storage and rolled out with only the stuff the Imperials gave me (apart from my bow, I kept that bad boy). Made it quite challenging. Especially when I got distracted by a dungeon and ended up taking on a Dragon Priest with his half a dozen mates. It got pretty exciting for a while.

In the final push on the Stormcloaks I also got to use my Storm Call shout (got 2 of the 3) on a huge crowd of Stormcloaks. It worked well!

53 Clio's & counting
Who am I cheating? The guy selling me the house? That's his own fault for not looking where I'm putting the gold. I'm exploiting him.

It would have been cheating had I conjured or entered a code to make a wardrobe appear so I could stash my loot. It's already there, so I'm exploiting that. Silly Bethesda. Even though they are aware of it.

I'd still have 38k left anyway, but being a master sneak and pickpocket now I'm just blending into character :cool:

Im guessing for that house it's not like the first one where you pay the chap in Dragonsreach then go to the house? Iv just bought it and what a shitter, bloody boxes and cobwebs everywhere!

Fiesta ST-2
Scutch = Serial cheater and should be kicked from the thread.

Just started the Dark Brotherhood quest, this game is so good. I feel like such a nerd enjoying a game this much :cool:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Luke, give it a chance. You don't HAVE to go anywhere that's the point. Activate the quest you want in the start menu and then follow the marker at the top.

Give the game a chance, I wasn't keen at first (not my sort of thing) but I love it, hard

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Had to reload an old save as Marcurio got caught in Meridia's depths. The problem with having 3 followers is keeping track of them all! LOL.

So now I don't have the house in Solitude anymore. Not going to bother with it this time. Exploit or not, I don't actually think it's worth having considering I have the house in Whiterun. I'll just have to break in to get that precious stone that's in the bedroom.

Marco is dead in my game now. Not really bothered. He was starting to show signs of weakness anyway. I was playing better than him, so on his third roasting, I didn't bother reloading.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Getting better than him? You must be pretty handy now? :cool:

What are your stats/skills like now? My one handed is up to 60. Just a shame I only have the first 3 stages of the 1st perk, as other than the bow I focus quite a lot on my sword.