ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm about 15 hours in, hardly done anything yet. Just walking around and exploring! My characters pretty poor still, got well and truely battered by something that burst out of a grave up a mountain last night. Made me jump a mile, lol.

Enojoying it though, even though I still really don't know how to play it properly.

Luke. General rule of thumb for Skyrim, is the higher up mountains you go, the more badass everyone gets. Certainly in dungeons. Don't attempt high altitude dungeons with a kitchen knife and a positive attitude, because you WILL crash and burn.

BTW I'm 50+ hours in, and I still don't know how to play it. That's the beauty of it. No one player will have the same experience. You play your way and enjoy it. IMO.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Roy. I tried to hit it with what is essentially a spoon, did f**k all damage. So I ran. Lol.

I agree mate, it's a completely different experience to anything I've played before - so much more in depth than Fallout 3, which was amazing. Like you say, it's completely up to the player how they do anything. For example, I beat up a woman in a bar yesterday and axed a chicken in Riverwood, which made everyone chase me. 15 hours spent doing stupid stuff like this, I think I have issues.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
^ Just re-read that back to myself and I sound mega fcuking geeky. FFS.

Give in to it. You're gonna get a lot more geeky than that. I'm trying to avoid too much in the way of potions and spells and stuff. I stick to OEM magic, in order to retain some hold on RL.

Try cutting your horse's legs off. That will raise some smiles. Also driving it off the edge of a cliff is always worth a laugh.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I got it for £22 online from there Adam. If you don't like it, you'll probably get more than that trading it in. You WILL get hooked though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Give in to it. You're gonna get a lot more geeky than that. I'm trying to avoid too much in the way of potions and spells and stuff. I stick to OEM magic, in order to retain some hold on RL.

Try cutting yours horse's legs off. That will raise some smiles.

LOL (smile) at OEM magic. Yep, don't understand any of that or potions at all. I just like ramming things with my shield.

I did buy a horse, but it attacked a giant as I shot it with an arrow and ran. The giant won.

I got it for £22 online from there Adam. If you don't like it, you'll probably get more than that trading it in. You WILL get hooked though.

That's what I'm thinking, I want to get a game I can just put hours upon hours in to!

May as well cancel that trip to Austria TBH.

LOL. I like your thinking. On a plus note, checked the flights direct to SLZ again last night and they've already dropped in price by £60 pp. Result.

LOL (smile) at OEM magic. Yep, don't understand any of that or potions at all. I just like ramming things with my shield.

I did buy a horse, but it attacked a giant as I shot it with an arrow and ran. The giant won.

If you're low on dosh then just steal a horse. The only problem is that they walk off when you dismount. So basically, steal horse, go to location, dismount, murder. Steal another one when you need it. Infinite horses.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Considering I've done f**k all, my money's not too bad! I think it's because all I'm doing is stealing and selling absolutely everything. Bought a house yesterday, looks like a proper shithole. I want to just fill it with slags, but the game won't let me. Not tried stealing a horse yet, will give it a go.

Ever get a sound glitch with the horse btw? It's made me jump a few times now - sounds like something from Jurassic Park and is properly loud.

Go to the geezer who lives in Dragonsreach Castle. He's like one of those DIY SOS blokes and can sort you right out with all the furnishings you need. The same guy that sold you the house. You can marry a **** and have her as in-house pussy too.

Nope. No sound glitches with horseys.

EDIT: I do sometimes get a graphical bug where the whole screen flickers like f**k. Maybe once every few hours and usually only when close to a water's edge, but this only started happening when I began playing the game in 120hz.

Last edited:
Considering I've done f**k all, my money's not too bad! I think it's because all I'm doing is stealing and selling absolutely everything. Bought a house yesterday, looks like a proper s**thole. I want to just fill it with slags, but the game won't let me. Not tried stealing a horse yet, will give it a go.

Ever get a sound glitch with the horse btw? It's made me jump a few times now - sounds like something from Jurassic Park and is properly loud.

Haha I know the sound, when you go off a largish drop?! Really wierd.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah, that's the one. It did it when I put it down a waterfall last night (lol), thought it was drowning.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Haha, that's him.

Is he important to the story, or can I go back and attempt to execute the fcuker?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The most difficult of all the priests, IIRC. There's also a dragon that protects him. Or the other way around.

Took me f*cking ages and I had Lydia with me and was firing out Dremora's with my Sanguine's Rose staff like there was no tomorrow.

Got there in the end though. His mask is awesome. My guy is still wearing it now.

I was fighting some c**t a while back who was hyper-hard. Me and Marco (God rest his soul) battering s**t of her and her health bar going down at like 1 pixel per hour :(

How the f*ck do I marry a bint?

Not that I care, honest.

You need the Amulet of Mara to begin with. You can get this from the Temple of Mara in Riften. Then you have to wear it, and sometimes b**ches will just ask you if you fancy a f**k. Other times you'll have to complete a quest, or line of quests, for them before they show an interest. I married Aela The Huntress but TBH I might bury her under the patio.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Took me f*cking ages and I had Lydia with me and was firing out Dremora's with my Sanguine's Rose staff like there was no tomorrow.

Lol. I have no idea what that means. I was just trying to smack him with a shield - didn't work.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lol. I have no idea what that means. I was just trying to smack him with a shield - didn't work.

Welcome to Sky-g33k-rim.

Also LOL @ trying to use a shield. Just makes him more angry, IIRC.

Have you used any of your dragon shouts yet? It's actually possible to use your Unrelenting Force shout and blow him off the side of the mountain.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Dark Brotherhood questline spoilerz

Has anyone else got the DB's demon horse Shadowmere? Mother fucker starts fights with bandits I can't even see, and his eyes glow red. Oh, and he's invincible (so far).

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
D'ya loike dragons?

I'm such a noob at games like this. I thought you could speak to the giants, turns out they don't like you approaching.

Scutch said:
Have you used any of your dragon shouts yet? It's actually possible to use your Unrelenting Force shout and blow him off the side of the mountain.

I've not mate, not touched on anything magical yet really! I take it it's probably benificial to start learning what it all does though.

Edit: In fact, do you shout when you press the right bumper button? Accidently did that in a village and everyone attacked me.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Dark Brotherhood questline spoilerz

Has anyone else got the DB's demon horse Shadowmere? Mother f**ker starts fights with bandits I can't even see, and his eyes glow red. Oh, and he's invincible (so far).

No but I've heard about this horse. Immortal, yes. Which is nice. You just stay on him and he'll kick f*ck out of everyone else.

Fiesta ST-2
You need the Amulet of Mara to begin with. You can get this from the Temple of Mara in Riften. Then you have to wear it, and sometimes b**ches will just ask you if you fancy a f**k. Other times you'll have to complete a quest, or line of quests, for them before they show an interest. I married Aela The Huntress but TBH I might bury her under the patio.

Excellent, I'm just getting ready to go on the pull.

Shall hopefully report back with my new wench.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Excellent, I'm just getting ready to go on the pull.

Shall hopefully report back with my new wench.

Get tapped into this :

Muiri.jpg

MUIRI.jpg

I've only just joined up with the Dark Brotherhood, but then decided to clear down some of my miscellaneous quests (the ones that aren't bricked) in order to help level up before it all starts kicking off in the main game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh, and I've found an awesome Guardian Stone (those ones you activate to endow you with powers - such as the Warrior/Mage/Sneak Stone at the beginning). Yeah, it's the Steed Stone. I can now carry a weight of 505, which helps massively as I'm a hoarder.