ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

53 Clio's & counting
Who uses FOOOOOS alot? I find it's really useful, and tend to find myself positioning so I can use it to best advantage - ie in front of a wall - FOOOS someone into something does more damage than not hitting something - plus you can't throw too many people off cliffs as you can't rob them then lol

Played an amazing quest earlier on. The destination was so far away from anywhere I'd ever been before, it took about 30 minutes to get there on horseback from the closest available quick travel loaction. The journey entailed dozens of hostile encounters, across treacherous and beautiful mountain scenery, an epic one man army battle when I got there, followed by defeating Gandalf on roids.

Ah, cheers for the help re: Dark Brotherhood gents. I've actually done that quest with the kid but being a werewolf I never bother sleeping. I'll give it a crack now.

I've just picked up the eponymous Elder Scroll. Only trouble is that it weight a fuckin ton and won't let me store it so I'm gonna have to carry on with the main storyline now. Still, picked up another Daedra heart so I managed to make myself a nice daedric dagger for those sneak attacks. Getting there with enchantment now, at 75 with a couple of perks so can almost make stuff as good as I can buy. Should be nigh on invincible once I get those high level enchantments on my dragon/daedric gear.

Oh and the whirlwind thingy is my most used shout but in terms of using one in battle I still use FOOS far more than any other.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Played an amazing quest earlier on. The destination was so far away from anywhere I'd ever been before, it took about 30 minutes to get there on horseback from the closest available quick travel loaction. The journey entailed dozens of hostile encounters, across treacherous and beautiful mountain scenery, an epic one man army battle when I got there, followed by defeating Gandalf on roids.

Did you know you can pay the horse and cart guys at stables to take you to any of the main holds?

Did you know you can pay the horse and cart guys at stables to take you to any of the main holds?

Yeah I did but I forgot :(

I'm not gonna buy anymore horses FFS. I park up, get off, and they run away to fight some wolves, then fall off a cliff. Waste of money FFS.

Got 33,000 Gold now as well :eek:

WTF? I've just found my wife dead outside riften?!?!

Good excuse to get a new one.

TT 225+
Good excuse to get a new one.

Tbf, I initiated a massive fight with some of those cat people immediately after my wedding, just as the guests were leaving. She probably got killed during that and I have only just found her lol. Ah well. I'll sell her wedding ring to a store keeper.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Don't go into a place called Morvunskar

Absolutely impossible f**king mage type prickface

Even with a companion his firebolts kill me in 2 hits

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just married Muiri. I have to say she looked delightful in those rags she wore. No effort at all, but such a cutie.

Nice of Lydia to turn up as well and just stand right next to me, staring throughout the entire ceremony.

Now, what button was rape again?

53 Clio's & counting

you need to go in there on a mission to get a great staff, key to that bloke is run past him and up the big flight of stairs- cant give any more away there.

Spent a while exploring the bottom right of the map-had a bounty to kill a dragon, got haof way up the steps to him and come across a crystal on a holder, which shot a bolt of enery at me that killed me in one hit!

Gave up on the dragon so carried on for a bit, came across a house with some chaps outside who were not happy to see me, so I gave them fight and stole their keys - I felt naughty but let myself in, conjoured up a daedric bloke who killed 6 guys in one go - though im not sure if i was supposed to do that as everything in the house is in red to steal...
Anyhoo, gave up there, wandered back to Riften, sorted the bloke out who was selling skooma - tip, when you raid his bag for evidence, i took the note but it kept telling me to look in the empty bag - the answer is to read the note! Took me ages to figure that one out.

Need the amulet of marriagy shizzle - someone remind me where it is? Iv got b**ches coming out my ears wanting a whole chunk of (Computer) Russ luurve.

Found a wannabe wizzard too. Paid him some money for his grandads staff, and now i can bring back s**t hot zombies

And unlocked a dragon shout that sets fire to things - very helpfull.

Someone explain the whole soul gem thing to me though? Where can i find a spell/potion so i can stick it on a weapon to get some souls? My mase of molag bal will capture a soul but only if person dies within 3 secs

Anyhoo, gave up there, wandered back to Riften, sorted the bloke out who was selling skooma - tip, when you raid his bag for evidence, i took the note but it kept telling me to look in the empty bag - the answer is to read the note! Took me ages to figure that one out.

No s**t. I had exactly that same thing. I thought it was another bricked quest.

53 Clio's & counting
Took me a good ten mins to figure that out - made me think of you Roy and the trouble you have been having lol - though to be fair to mine the only glitch i have so far is a certain dragon that flys backwards when i get near it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I'll take him down with my bow.

Killed a guy last night for the Dark Brotherhood (for Muiri, actually). Shot him with my bow from the other side of a river. 3x sneak bonus. Dead. Went over and noticed the arrow sticking right through his neck. PMSL. Was going to take a picture after I looted him but then realised I had also looted my arrow back. FFSnake.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to try the running past him tactic tonight

Though tonight I need to escape from a mine, as I've been imprisoned there for uncovering a plot!

Running away is a surprisingly useful tactical course of action in Skyrim. In my experience no enemies chase after you indefinitely.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm going to try the running past him tactic tonight

Though tonight I need to escape from a mine, as I've been imprisoned there for uncovering a plot!

Is that the one with all the murders?

If so :

I entered the shrine of Talos and before any of the guards could arrest me, I sneak attacked two of them and then set my Dremora on the others. Quest complete and no jail/mine time for me. On the downside, I didn't get the quest "No One Escapes From [insert mine name here]". You can also turn into a werewolf when you enter and therefore not pick up any bounty when you attack the guards. They're quite f*cking solid though and took me down 3 times as a werewolf.

Someone explain the whole soul gem thing to me though? Where can i find a spell/potion so i can stick it on a weapon to get some souls? My mase of molag bal will capture a soul but only if person dies within 3 secs

You need a weapon that has the soul-trap enchantment - Like the Molag Bal mace. You don't need to worry about the time limit thing - My mace is only 1 second - It doesn't really count as long as you make the killing blow with the soul-trap enchanted weapon. What I do is soften them up with a few arrows then wade in with the enchanted mace to finish them off. Assuming you have a relevant empty soul gem it'll automatically fill one of them with the soul. A few things to bear in mind:

The bigger the baddy the better the soul trapped - Petty < Lesser < Greater < Grand. It'll automatically fill the smallest gem it can. Only black soul gems can hold the soul of humans. A human soul = a grand soul. So if you soul-trap a dragon priest it'll fill one of your grand gems. Summat like a bear is a common or maybe a greater. s**t like rats/wolves etc are petty. Just bear in mind that if you have no empty petty gems and you soultrap a mudcrab it'll fill one of your bigger gems with the petty soul - It'd be a real waste to fill a black/grand gem with a petty soul.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Is that the one with all the murders?

If so :

I entered the shrine of Talos and before any of the guards could arrest me, I sneak attacked two of them and then set my Dremora on the others. Quest complete and no jail/mine time for me. On the downside, I didn't get the quest "No One Escapes From [insert mine name here]". You can also turn into a werewolf when you enter and therefore not pick up any bounty when you attack the guards. They're quite f*cking solid though and took me down 3 times as a werewolf.

I had 6 guards attacking me, they didn't really hurt tbh

I can kill all of them, it's just they respawn constantly so there's no real point

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had 6 guards attacking me, they didn't really hurt tbh

I can kill all of them, it's just they respawn constantly so there's no real point

They respawn because as soon as you are spotted and the Bounty is on your head, they come in from the main door as backup. B*stards.

If you kill all witnesses you lose the bounty. Killing everyone can be tough though. Especially in towns cos there's usually a couple of mission essential NPC's that it won't let you kill.

In the one mentioned in the spoiler I killed them all and I lost the bounty and was free to go on my way. I wanted a look in prison though so reloaded and let them take me.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
22 hours in - killed my first dragon last night.

Never has someone done so little in so much time.

22 hours in - killed my first dragon last night.

Never has someone done so little in so much time.

I'm 30 hours in an only killed 2 dude.

I love just wondering round finding random shizz to do. Found some nutter last night who's wheel had fallen off his cart, fella was mad as a box of frogs.

Yeah some of the random encounters are ace. I've noticed a kind of bug where if someone is talking to you when you transition between areas you kind of drag them through with you. I accidentally dragged an Imperial guard through into a mine infested with spiders (my current mission was to clear it). The guy just went berserk! He charged off into the mine slaughtering the spiders as he went. I just went for a piss (in real life), came back and he'd killed them all, completing the mission for me. Good lad!

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Anyone know what is going on here with my graphics?

I get all of these pixels on the screen and sometimes it locks up completely and others it locks up and then starts running fine again.

I'm guessing its something to do with my gfx but I don't know what would cause it. :S

Happened quite a few times now and is becoming really annoying,

6510469475_d9c6338466_b.png

Over heating? Mine used to get weird artifacts when overheating.

More worryingly, why have you got a little girl in your house and why is she crying and shouting for you to leave her alone?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Over heating? Mine used to get weird artifacts when overheating.

More worryingly, why have you got a little girl in your house and why is she crying and shouting for you to leave her alone?

LMAO I think its in an Inn and I just killed everyone and was just about to put an arrow in her too. :evil:

Overheating is likely as I have GTX 470's in SLi and the bottom one has very little space for its fan to cool it down. Any ways to get them running cooler? My case isn't huge so I cant spread them apart any more.

Graphics card overheating

Is it overclocked? If not, get some compressed air and get the whole inside of the case a dust

Nope not overclocked. I'll give that a go, thanks.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm 30 hours in an only killed 2 dude.

I love just wondering round finding random shizz to do. Found some nutter last night who's wheel had fallen off his cart, fella was mad as a box of frogs.

Haha, you sound like me mate! I saw that guy too, a jester bloke? Properly random.